Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

razorrozar posted:

what

i... what

until the end i was just like "okay this dude's a terrible person" and then suddenly nothing made sense any more and i was very scared

My hunch is property manager covering their rear end for creating a perverse incentive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kuros posted:

My wife found our sons Reddit account, and is freaking out.

why the gently caress did you stay married to her after you found out she was a TERF

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Three Olives posted:

I thought "I want to be friends" on a first date translated to "I really never do this! I'm really looking to meet friends!" when they have sex with you a few hours later.

Sometimes. It varies.

It can be a plausible deniability "I want to sex but have been condition to think sex is bad so here's my obligatory weak objection" or it can really just be someone who is basically wasting everyone's time by using a dating service to find people to hang with.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

My hunch is property manager covering their rear end for creating a perverse incentive.

Committing dogshit dependent fraud and while being a landlord.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Chomp8645 posted:

Sometimes. It varies.

It can be a plausible deniability "I want to sex but have been condition to think sex is bad so here's my obligatory weak objection" or it can really just be someone who is basically wasting everyone's time by using a dating service to find people to hang with.

or it can be someone who wants an easy excuse to deflect creeps, which is a pretty necessary thing to have

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kuros posted:

wonder how many genderqueer kids out there are cursed with terf moms

at least the dad seems like a good person, if one with bad taste in women

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

razorrozar posted:

or it can be someone who wants an easy excuse to deflect creeps, which is a pretty necessary thing to have

Well I mean yeah, if the person saying it is the one trying to close the encounter. Like if you're saying "sorry, just looking for friends" to get rid of unwanted attention. But this person was pulling the "I just want friends" card on someone they still wanted to hang out with, on a date through tindr.

This isn't "sorry, just looking for friends (please go away)" , this is "hey I want to be your friend, but nothing more, person I'm sitting with on a tinder date with".

Pretty different.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 24, 2019

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for refusing to let my housemate eat my food after she tried to report me for shoplifting?
Background info: I shoplift food, like, a lot. I know for a big chunk of this sub that already makes me the rear end in a top hat by default, but frankly I don't care.

Anyway I love cooking for people and I live with 5 housemates. We all do separate groceries, but every monday I'll make a big meal for everyone, mostly using the ingredients I steal.

So I've got this one housemate called Jill who moved in fairly recently. Last weekend I told her I was going out to pick up ingredients for the House Dinner, and she asked if she could come with cos she needed to do shopping too.

So we're at the self-serve checkouts buying our groceries separately, and I've got the poo poo I'm planning to steal in my bag, and next to me Jill pipes up "hey aren't you going to scan that?" I told her to knock it off and, I poo poo you not, she waves over the attendant and says to him "that guy has stuff in his bag he hasn't payed for"...

I was loving livid! I told the clerk "I'm sorry I must have forgotten about those items, I'll just pay for them now" which was clearly bullshit but he didn't do anything cos he's literally getting paid minimum wage and doesn't wanna deal with a shoplifter.

When we get out of the store I ask Jill what the gently caress her problem is she just tells me that shoplifting is wrong and I shouldn't do it if I don't wanna face the consequences... Like what the gently caress? Who does that?

Anyway we get back to the house, I'm very angry, I talk to my other housemates about it and they're like "yeah that was a lovely thing for her to do. I guess don't go shopping with her again." I'm like "I guess..."

THEN! On Monday night I make my big house meal, and everyone comes down to eat. And Jill comes down and is about to grab a plate when I'm like "what do you think you're doing?" and she's like "getting... dinner?" and I'm like "Absolutely not. You tried to rat me out. You don't get to eat my food." She's like "Well what am I supposed to do for dinner then? I haven't made anything cos I was planning to eat this."

I just ripped into her about the absolute entitlement of trying to rat someone out for shoplifting for no reason at all and then still expecting to be able to eat the food they've made with shoplifted ingredients. Then I told her she can figure out her own dinner. She just went to her room after that and didn't come out for the rest of the night.

It's been a few days since then and my roommates don't think I'm an rear end in a top hat, per se, but they are upset with me for quote "making the house dynamic weird" and think I should apologise and let her back in on House Dinner. I maintain that Jill made it weird when she dobbed me into the store clerk, and that it's totally hypocritical for her to eat the loving dinner. I said I'd reconsider if she apologised to me but I'm not going out of my way to mend this bridge.

Again, I know a lot of you will think I'm an rear end in a top hat cos stealing is wrong no matter what or whatever, but, ignoring that, I really think I'm in the right here. AITA?

EDIT: You guys were right. Well some of you were. I talked to Jill and she said that while she knew I stole food, and used stolen food for the dinners she didn't actually think I would shoplift while out with her. She said she got really anxious and panicked when she saw me trying to steal food, and then doubled down on her reasoning when we got out of the store cos she was embarrassed and still panicked. She's a pretty anxious person so that all tracks. I apologised for shoplifting in front of her and also for yelling at her in front of the house cos neither of those things were cool for me to do. She also apologised for ratting me out to the shop guy.

So we're all good! I said she's welcome to house meals again, and we've agreed to not do any more shopping together lol. All's well that ends well! Thanks to everyone on here who gave me good advice and to everyone with a stick up their rear end about shoplifting, all I have to say is: Crime is a social construct, Walmart's not your friend, and I think you're all incredibly lame.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Power Khan posted:

AITA for refusing to let my housemate eat my food after she tried to report me for shoplifting?

this dude loving owns

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

razorrozar posted:

why the gently caress did you stay married to her after you found out she was a TERF

it didn't affect him personally at the time, so nothing bad could come of it :downs:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

razorrozar posted:

this dude loving owns

a true working class hero. seizing AND sharing.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
They're all calling im YTA for stealing from a multi billion dollar corp that's literally run by the devil lol

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Seizing the means of nutrition

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PetraCore posted:

Did all the women have super long hair, too?

yep

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Kuros posted:

kill your wife

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Power Khan posted:

They're all calling im YTA for stealing from a multi billion dollar corp that's literally run by the devil lol

He didn't mention Walmart at all in the OP. Just said he steals groceries.

Blanket "I steal poo poo" statement? Bad.

"I steal from Walmart" statement? Good.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Kuros posted:

Poor kid. Anyway my favorite part of the post is

quote:

He has a couple guy friends and a few girl friends who hang out and do socially awkward poo poo together.

Still laughin' at this perfect description of everyone's teenage social life

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Power Khan posted:

He is an rear end in a top hat. You guys really think that shoplifting hurts the company? No, the minimum wage employees are the ones that get hurt.

I used to shoplift when I was younger until I realized that fact

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Miserable Maid posted:

He is an rear end in a top hat. You guys really think that shoplifting hurts the company? No, the minimum wage employees are the ones that get hurt.

and how is that exactly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The minimum wage employees don’t get hurt especially for low cost poo poo.

I doubt the company notices or cares

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
it only hits loss retention and gently caress those bootlickers anyway

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

razorrozar posted:

You know how good people have empathy and can take the side of people with problems they themselves have never and will never encounter? This guy isn't a good person.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Even if for some reason shoplifting from Walmart gets people fired, you're doing them a mercy.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My wife recently opened up and told me she wanted to try some BDSM stuff with me.

quote:

This SEEEMED like the best sub to post this in, but i apologize in advance if it is not. Also, Apologies if any of my terminology is wrong. It stems from ignorance, not stupidity lol.

My wife was in an abusive previous marriage. Recently, she confided in me that she wanted to try some BDSM stuff with me. Specifically, she wants to DOM me.

I want to give her that opportunity, but i have exactly 0 clue what this all entails of. I have told her that my only experiemce with bdsm was those 50 shades of grey books that i read when i was around 20... And nothing about it apealed to me in any way.

My wife told me that wasnt real bdsm, so now i approch reddit in order to get a better idea of what bdsm is all about. Trying to go in with an open mind because i really want to do this for her. i dont know where to find good information on it, and to be honest im kind of scared of the unknown lol.

Can ya help a fella out, or at least point me in the right direction as far as quality reading materials go?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Miserable Maid posted:

Everywhere they put self checkouts theft has skyrocketed but its okay because it still saves more money then actually paying for cashiers.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

razorrozar posted:

Well you see, she's ultra-progressive and it's just politics!

Barf. She's probably upset her son is bisexual, too.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pinecone Sample posted:

My wife recently opened up and told me she wanted to try some BDSM stuff with me.

Maybe, and this is just a crazy idea, try asking your wife what she wants to do? Even if reddit consisted of the finest minds on earth (stop laughing at the back), they're not going to know what she wants to do.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
wife dom. so what

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Take note of the ages

I [33M] broke up with my girlfriend [29F]. I've been told that I'm overreacting.
My ex an I were in a relationship for three months and dating for four before that.

We weren't exclusive during those four months, and we were just casually dating. After four months, I realized how happy she made me, and decided that I wanted to make it official. So I asked her to be my girlfriend. She smiled and said she really liked me but she wasn't sure she wanted to put a title on things, and asked if I would give her the weekend to think about it.

I figured it was a blow off, but on that Sunday she called me up and said she was absolutely sure the answer was yes.

We've been very happy and things have gone well, other than that we hadn't had sex yet. She said she wanted to wait until she was ready, which I've been cool with. I understand it, or at least I thought I did.

So this past weekend, she decided she was ready. I planned a big romantic dinner, took her to see a play, and showed her a very nice time.

As we got back to my place, I joked that I was glad she was ready because it had been about a year for me. She laughed and said, "Yeah, I'm sorry."

I replied that it was ok and that I respected that she had to be ready because it was probably a while for her too. She started averting her gaze and said, "Well, not as long as you."

I responded, "We've been involved for seven months. How much not as long?"

She wanted to drop the subject, but I was upset and kept pressing. She finally admitted that she had been seeing me and someone else at the beginning. She liked me more, but she already had a date set up with this other guy that weekend when I asked her.

Her friend advised her to go on the date, have sex with the guy, get it out of her system, and say yes to me after so it wouldn't be cheating. She did exactly this, ended it with him, and called me up after.

I told her to get out of my car. She started sobbing and apologizing saying that it was a mistake. I told her I didn't care. I told her that she lied to me, as far as I'm concerned she absolutely did cheat, she buried it for three months, and then acted like sex was something special and important to her when in actuality it was something to get out of her system with someone else.

I told her it was over and I never wanted to see her again. She begged me to forgive her and I told her it's not happening.

She's texted me numerous apologies saying she wishes she could go back and change it and I've ignored her. Her friend, yes the one that gave her the advice, called me up and said that I should be mad at her and not my ex. I replied that I actually am angry with both of them because they are both terrible people.

A friend of mine told me that I was overreacting and we weren't exclusive until she said yes, but that feels like such contrived garbage to me that I won't even hear it. Am I overreacting? Did I make the right choice?

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 24, 2019

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Eh, I can understand why he's upset, but why ask questions if you can't handle the answers?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dude stealing the food doesn’t say he does it because he can’t afford it he just does it because he can I guess.

Not sure how that’s an ok thing to do. :shrug:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Power Khan posted:

I [33M] broke up with my girlfriend [29F]. I've been told that I'm overreacting.

the guy made the right decision

the girl doesn't deserve to deal with this petty bullshit

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MarcusSA posted:

Dude stealing the food doesn’t say he does it because he can’t afford it he just does it because he can I guess.

Not sure how that’s an ok thing to do. :shrug:

because anything you do to take money from corporations is morally justified and this is a 100% unironic statement. gently caress corporations.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Leon Einstein posted:

Eh, I can understand why he's upset, but why ask questions if you can't handle the answers?

She slipped, who wouldn't ask when you obviously got played?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

razorrozar posted:

because anything you do to take money from corporations is morally justified and this is a 100% unironic statement. gently caress corporations.

At worst it’s just not worth caring about

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

he handled the answer just fine

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

razorrozar posted:

the guy made the right decision

the girl doesn't deserve to deal with this petty bullshit

I can understand annoyance over going out with someone while they also have another person they are going out with, and when you ask them to be exclusive they decide to go bang that other person first, especially if you have not yet banged

Like it's just plain not a foundation for a strong relationship, and if she honestly wanted to go out with this guy more, the way to that was to just say yes and be exclusive, and if she wanted to bang that other guy she should've acknowledged that that involves not having a relationship with this dude

For why he'd ask, it's pretty obvious that he did want the answer, it was just something that was inevitably gonna end in a breakup, which he wanted

Like "wait did you bang another guy after I asked you to be official" is indeed a question he wanted an answer to, his response was just "well bye" when he got a true one

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for blowing up on my friend because of a girl

quote:

Some background is me, my friend, and this girl are all 20 and graduated high school 2 years ago, and it was common knowledge to everyone I had a huge crush in this girl forever but I blew my chances and she is very attractive, my friend time and time again said not to worry he doesn’t find her attractive and even if he did he wouldn’t do anything

Keep in mind my friend is a great guy he’s up front doesn’t lie and just a respectable stand up guy for the most part

That was all in high school, flash forward to a month ago he tells me they’ve been talking behind my back for 3 months and I was devastated, not because he did it, she’s hot and with her personality it was inevitable something like that would happen and I can’t tell people to lay off just because I missed my shot what bothered my is the 3 months of lying and deceit to my face, I blew up on him with a big speech of how could you I trusted you idk if I can look at you the same blah blah blah a big emotional outburst

The girl is a manipulative succubus I’m done with her I’m not getting into that part of the tale but was I an rear end in a top hat for going off on my friend for going behind my back like that when he could’ve told me up front? he said they were gonna tell me when they started dating as if that was the better alternative.

I’m all over it now but sometimes I think I went too hard on the paint and sometimes I think I was too lenient and he’ll just do it again, thanks

Edit: I’m getting torn apart here so I’ll add the girl so people don’t think I’m a r/niceguy

I dated her in grade school for a week but broke up cuz it wasn’t worth it, but I got a crush on her immediately after from 6th to 12th, skip to 9th we re enter each other lives and I’m joking around flirting you know playing the “game” and she seems into me but not enough and this is on and off until eventually I’m friendzoned as you probably know, why I’m calling her a succubus is because she pretended to be into comedians when we were talking (I’m a comedian), when she talked to my another friend of our she pretended to be into conspiracy theory and other poo poo he was into, and finally with the friend from earlier she pretended to like movies he was into but we tested her with countless pulp fiction references and nothing (even tho it’s her “favorite movie”) and instead of telling me not interested she’d say I sucked (insert name)s cock to my face like gently caress man I have feelings, and it’s not like we were pals and she didn’t know, this was like after I asked her to prom and poo poo, and she fake flirted with me the WHOLE time she was talking to my friend and I played along thinking it was a stupid joke, it’s just a ton of instances like this

I’ll accept it if I’m still the rear end in a top hat

Edit2: I am new and didn’t read the rules and was banned for 3 days
I started arguing
My bad but come on some people are needlessly rude and mean spirited but it’s a judgement sub so what did I expect Also people are quick to jump to conclusions about me I think, I’m not an incel in person, maybe u gave me an evil tone of voice while reading it or it’s the way I worded it or how defensive I got which I apologize for but I don’t think u hate me as much as you think you hate me

I’ll leave it with I now realize i was in the wrong on pretty much all fronts, mainly the stuff related to incel-ness like possessive and jealous, playing the victim yada yada yada but man some people are QUICK to judge a whole person based off of something as insignificant as this

EDIT3: stop please I got the message any more comments is just rubbing it in at this point I don’t even think people are reading this far based on what they are saying just stop move on to the next post this problem has been resolved

This dude also posts on the pewdiepie subreddit.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Blade Runner posted:

I can understand annoyance over going out with someone while they also have another person they are going out with, and when you ask them to be exclusive they decide to go bang that other person first, especially if you have not yet banged

Like it's just plain not a foundation for a strong relationship, and if she honestly wanted to go out with this guy more, the way to that was to just say yes and be exclusive, and if she wanted to bang that other guy she should've acknowledged that that involves not having a relationship with this dude

For why he's ask, it's pretty obvious that he did want the answer, it was just something that was inevitably gonna end in a breakup, which he wanted

fair point. sex really isn't a big deal at all to me and i make sure i only date people who feel the same so i guess i forget how important it can be to... i can't think of a word that's not insulting and i really don't want to be insulting, but i think my point comes across.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

it's actually morally reprehensible to not steal from walmart if you're ever there