Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:

Baronjutter posted:

I was thinking about how "caterpillar treads" and "tank treads" are sort of interchangeable but one is much more used for civilian and the other military. I was then thinking "Hey, wasn't Caterpillar an actual brand of construction equipment back in the day? I wonder where it went because today it's all just CAT and Komatsu and so on"

CAT is short for CATERPILLAR.

Here's a fun fact: all CAT equipment uses the same exact key, and approximately 100% of the time that key is left under the floor mat at construction sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
the "vOv" emoticon is a shrug. i always thought it was like double peace signs.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I thought it was throwing your hands in the air like you just don't care.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

I thought it was throwing your hands in the air like you just don't care.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A cat shocked it is being held upside down

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
There's that Simpsons bit with Mr Burns' childhood, where his dad(?) at the atom mill has a man fired. As the worker is dragged away, he shouts about unions and how "we'll grow corrupt and shiftless, and the Japanese will eat us alive!" (The Japanese? Those sandal-wearing goldfish tenders?)
"eat us alive" is a reference to the remarkable growth of the Japanese economy in the 80's, in particular its automotive and electronics divisions, and HAS NOTHING TO DO with some sort of obscure act of cannibalism by imperial forces in the Pacific theatre during WW2.

Also, the american slang term "stroking out" means "to suffer the effects of a stroke" and not "masturbation." This realisation has made reading the Trump threads much less horrifying.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tree Bucket posted:

Also, the american slang term "stroking out" means "to suffer the effects of a stroke" and not "masturbation." This realisation has made reading the Trump threads much less horrifying.

Just lol if that was the horrifying part of Trump threads for you.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

I wonder what those two are up to these days. I hope they're doing well

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Pimpin' ain't easy, so they're probably pretty stressed out.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'm fine.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That's just what someone who isn't fine would say.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Inceltown posted:

That's just what someone who isn't fine would say.

vOv

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

They have college aged kids of their own now :unsmith:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Tree Bucket posted:

Patient: I’m havin’ a stroke
Doctor:
Patient: (ejaculates in British)

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

I think they remade that video. Because, internet fame is demanding.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

:aaa:

I just realised that the pipes you'd clean with a pipecleaner would be the tobacco kind, not the plumbing kind.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SLOSifl posted:

Patient: I’m havin’ a stroke
Doctor:
Patient: (ejaculates in British)

'avin'

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Olivia Coleman was in an episode of the UK Office.

Rewatching old shows and seeing people who have since become famous is fairly common in Britain, but I did not see that one coming.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Rewatching old shows and seeing people who have since become famous is fairly common in Britain, but I did not see that one coming.

You can look at high school year books of someone already famous and work out exactly who will make it big in the UK.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Inceltown posted:

You can look at high school year books of someone already famous and work out exactly who will make it big in the UK.

Jesus, no wonder everyone thinks we're inbred.

My favourite 'everyone in the UK knows each other' connection is Craig Ferguson and Peter Capaldi being in a punk band together.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

There's a lot of folks on Seinfeld over the years too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMLKbXuv-xA

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Krankenstyle posted:

There's a lot of folks on Seinfeld over the years too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMLKbXuv-xA

Vidiot from UHF came well before Seinfeld and had resulted in high profile Seinfeld cast. Either talent finds talent or nepotism rules supreme.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Inceltown posted:

Who's the one second from the left?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Memento posted:

Who's the one second from the left?

David Cameron (psych)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's Peter Szerafinovic

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

I looked up the cast of Look Around You to see what they were up to a couple years ago, and I was like "Whaaat?".

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

For ages I always confused the Swedish 'vill' as the equivalent to English 'will' - it actually means 'want'. But it wasn't until recently that I realised 'will' must have meant 'want' in ye olden days, as in 'Make this happen, it is my will'.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Been wondering what the hell was going on with half of my area hearing poo poo, only to find this is what I could not figure out. https://dpl-surveillance-equipment....eillance-pdehs/

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

If anyone was wondering, she is the one interviewing Brent for an article in the season 2 Finale. ''Brent Mused...''

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Professor Oak posted:

Been wondering what the hell was going on with half of my area hearing poo poo, only to find this is what I could not figure out. https://dpl-surveillance-equipment....eillance-pdehs/

Half of your area had satellite dishes pointed at them?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Professor Oak posted:

Undiagnosed mental illness is a hell of a thing, and then becomes even worse when an "expert" agrees with them, and much much worse when a judge does as well.

quote:

About Us

PDEHS is a conference call group that began February 26, 2005. We presently have members in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, South America, India, China, and Australia.

They're literally an internet forum for olds who went off their meds or never had access to meds.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

But enough about Something Awful

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Memento posted:

Undiagnosed mental illness is a hell of a thing, and then becomes even worse when an "expert" agrees with them, and much much worse when a judge does as well.

They're literally an internet forum for olds who went off their meds or never had access to meds.

Hoo boy this is super batshitloonball. I'm glad to see that my location, Minnesota, is not included in that list at the end.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
So you know the joke "Why did the chicken cross the road?" That extremely well known joke that we've all been hearing since we could understand what a joke is? The punchline isn't just about the simple motivations driving a chicken to do what it does. The other side is the afterlife, because the chicken gets run over.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hardcordion posted:

So you know the joke "Why did the chicken cross the road?" That extremely well known joke that we've all been hearing since we could understand what a joke is? The punchline isn't just about the simple motivations driving a chicken to do what it does. The other side is the afterlife, because the chicken gets run over.

lmao, what is this poo poo. Chicken just wants to get its smoke on.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
I always thought it was an anti-joke. Idk if I like it better now or not..

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Hardcordion posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just baby's first anti-humor. That it's been enshrined as the Templar of a joke is itself ironic.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Hardcordion posted:

Do we need to change the thread title back?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Hardcordion posted:

That doesn't sound right. There's a finite amount of chicken souls and they just get recycled into new chickens so there's no afterlife for them to go to. I consider this myth: BUSTED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

every time a chicken crosses the road, another chicken is crossing another road, thus keeping the universe in balance