Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

We’re never going to get a good president I guess.

correct. the system was made by the wealthy to protect the wealthy and that's all it will ever do. smash the state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

razorrozar posted:

correct. the system was made by the wealthy to protect the wealthy and that's all it will ever do. smash the state

Yes, let’s do that.

Next time I see a tank rolling down the street I’ll stand in front.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cKW1AHkhBYw

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

I thought you linked to the artist's facebook page to save us the trouble so I don't know if that was your intentions thank you.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hellblazer187 posted:

I worked retail all throughout high school and most of uni, and it does in fact suck. The work itself sucks way less than professional office work, but the pay is bad. If I could make my CPA salary working at BestBuy or whatever other dumb store, I'd do it so fast.

Work also sucks way more than school almost no matter what. The first work most of do is retail so if you've had a mostly sheltered life working retail will literally be the worst thing that's ever happened to you.

I kind of sometimes wish I never went to university or maybe just got an AA and stayed in retail and got to management and just kept doing that instead of the poo poo I do now. I wouldn't have been able to afford being married but that's overrated also.

Stay a single retail person, if possible.

My favorite meme

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh my god

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Owyfsk7.mp4

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

I love this so much.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

This, except America and the Constitution.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

This except China and opium

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This, except fries and hot oil

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Absolutely incredible

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

From a million pages ago, but what sort of dickensian nonsense is a "lunch debt"!?

E: anger induced typos

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 01:56 on Oct 25, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Bucket posted:

From a million pages ago, but what sort of dickendian nonsense is a "lunch debt"!?

:911:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

From a million pages ago, but what sort of dickendian nonsense is a "lunch debt"!?

In some places in the united states, parents have to pay for school lunches. If they don't pay, the kids can still get lunch, but they'll go into debt.

This is a hell country.

Not all states are like that fortunately.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

In some places in the united states, parents have to pay for school lunches. If they don't pay, the kids can still get lunch, but they'll go into debt.

This is a hell country.

Not all states are like that fortunately.
The big one getting traction in the last few days was from Cherry Hill in NJ, an ostensibly liberal/progressive area. It's not a left/right or GOP/Democrat thing, it really is the US saying in totality "gently caress the poors."

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Tree Bucket posted:

From a million pages ago, but what sort of dickensian nonsense is a "lunch debt"!?

Oh look at the guy who's mom had enough money to make sure they had lunch every day, I bet you also had things like "breakfast" on a regular basis too.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Don Gato posted:

Oh look at the guy who's mom had enough money to make sure they had lunch every day, I bet you also had things like "breakfast" on a regular basis too.

Lead-free drinking water, too!

Really, the individual americans I know are lovely people, but get 330 million of you guys together and awful, awful things seem to happen.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

This, except goons and stupid memes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Don Gato posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/977152492285956102

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

For goons that don't live in the US hellscape, may not have kids, or avoided this situation as kids themselves, this means the free breakfast kids are dually blessed with A)their parents having to drop them off significantly earlier than their peers to go to a (most likely) lovely, menial job while B)the kid gets free breakfast due to living in a financially distressed household and being eligible for free meals from the district/state. Those kids are their own little billboards that read 'LOL POOR KID' and it sucked it's a kind of a sad thing that The Onion nailed in typical fashion.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

For goons that don't live in the US hellscape, may not have kids, or avoided this situation as kids themselves, this means the free breakfast kids are dually blessed with A)their parents having to drop them off significantly earlier than their peers to go to a (most likely) lovely, menial job while B)the kid gets free breakfast due to living in a financially distressed household and being eligible for free meals from the district/state. Those kids are their own little billboards that read 'LOL POOR KID' and it sucked it's a kind of a sad thing that The Onion nailed in typical fashion.

tbh in the area i grew up in so many kids got free meals that no one thought anything of it

that's probably not really a good thing

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Tree Bucket posted:

Lead-free drinking water, too!

Really, the individual americans I know are lovely people, but get 330 million of you guys together and awful, awful things seem to happen.

our country was founded by tricking poors into a rebellion to free the wealthy from taxes. we were doomed from the start.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

razorrozar posted:

tbh in the area i grew up in so many kids got free meals that no one thought anything of it

Maybe you just had cool lunchladies who were dtf, my man

E: *devoted to feeding

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This actually happened.
Legit thought someone was having me on the first time I read it.

Each 'hitman' kept subcontracting out to another for roughly half the price they were paid by the former.
Last guy contacted the target and asked him to fake his death.
Now the contractor and the FIVE hitmen are all going to jail.

:allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

The USA is a legit nightmare country to everyone on the outside looking in.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Infinitum posted:

The USA is a legit nightmare country to everyone on the outside looking in.

We’re kind of rough looking when a hellfire missile is the last thing looking at you too. :911:

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

razorrozar posted:

:same:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A Moose posted:

just remember that known idiot Sleeveless is actually better-known idiot Guy Mann or whatever his name is

Ohhh, oh nooooo

https://i.imgur.com/rAFP13z.mp4

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

I got free lunch and breakfasts. In middle school. And the first step was serving the normal kids their food. It didn’t feel great washing those trays but someone had to.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

We’d be better off with four years of Hillary and that’s who we voted for.

Lol a bunch of folks on these forums have chugged the :shillary: kool aid so performatively that they don't even agree with this anymore

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2V-_IQWMmQ

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Somfin posted:

Lol a bunch of folks on these forums have chugged the :shillary: kool aid so performatively that they don't even agree with this anymore

That’s nice dear.

Some of us had no choice who to vote for. Our entire states and all electoral college votes went to her.

When a lot of people thought she was a garbage person.

But thank the lord we have trump

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You were hosed no matter which one you voted for, hth.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
hillary bad

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Infinitum posted:

You were hosed no matter which one you voted for, hth.

We were hosed when we had Obama but he was a solid politician who could present himself internationally. Trump isn’t just evil he’s real loving dumb. Not someone I want barely representing 47% of misogynists and everyone else.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
you know who else was a great meme from 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

That’s nice dear.

Some of us had no choice who to vote for. Our entire states and all electoral college votes went to her.

When a lot of people thought she was a garbage person.

But thank the lord we have trump

To clarify because I sometimes phrase things in stupid ways, people I'm calling idiots are the ones who explicitly say Trump is a better president than Hillary would have been, usually following that up with a vague but assertive gish gallop of crimes committed

I was using the :shillary: emoji to denote them and their mindset, not to denote her and those who supported her / held their nose and pulled the lever

Apologies, I see that emoji as inherently ironic