Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not surprised about the other two but jesus gently caress gabbard. just run as an R you rear end in a top hat.

She’s got her eyes on that Fox panelist grifter money. They always need token “Democrats.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
i need ... a complete list of why i should hate Gabbard. Because she seems terrible, yet I have concertedly ignored her up to this point and not bothered to learn much about her. She just seemed like a dumb weird cop that crudely stenciled "democrat" over her blood red cop badge.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Kavros posted:

i need ... a complete list of why i should hate Gabbard. Because she seems terrible, yet I have concertedly ignored her up to this point and not bothered to learn much about her. She just seemed like a dumb weird cop that crudely stenciled "democrat" over her blood red cop badge.

Well, to get things started she's recently started appearing frequently on Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity. Why the hell is she entertaining the far right media? Why is she embracing their platforms?

Not to mention, Donald loving Trump himself tweeted in defense of her recently. She has, to my knowledge, not disavowed any support she's received from him or other far right personalities.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kavros posted:

She is a Modi and Assad apologist, and she is sometimes on the right side of US imperialism and forever wars, but for the wrong reasons. She was at least at some point anti-immigrant, she's decent on some civil issues but is a huge bigot on muslims and lgbtq

The only reason she is a Democrat is because you can't run as an R in Hawaii. She's basically Rand Paul lite

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Word to all that, but it just always seems like there's always more and it's always weirder with her. I am not quite mentally prepared to have to live in the timeline where clinton was apparently entirely right to call her out as a groomed asset, for instance, but that's looking ... probable? And what's with the cult stuff and her association to fascist hindu fundies? what else am I missing??

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Kavros posted:

Word to all that, but it just always seems like there's always more and it's always weirder with her. I am not quite mentally prepared to have to live in the timeline where clinton was apparently entirely right to call her out as a groomed asset, for instance, but that's looking ... probable? And what's with the cult stuff and her association to fascist hindu fundies? what else am I missing??

She claims to be cool with Islam publicly, but yet loves people like Modi.

I just take this as a clear sign that whatever she says, she is an outright Islamophobe.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

paperwind posted:

She claims to be cool with Islam publicly, but yet loves people like Modi.

I just take this as a clear sign that whatever she says, she is an outright Islamophobe.

I'm expecting the mask on her weird homophobia to slip any day now.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
What are the odds that Tulsi's stance of being against "regime change" wars is a dog whistle to the military-industrial types?

That's a qualifier that's very open to interpretation. There's still plenty of room for wars, bombs, droning, contracted security forces etc without fighting 'regime change' wars.

Reminds me of the fashy appeals to "cleaning up corruption", which is always really popular but really just means whatever they want.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Called it

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Kavros posted:

She pretends to be anti-interventionist when her voting record shows her to be "pro dropping bombs on muslims" and merely anti "things russia doesn't like" for some reason. In her own words...

"When it comes to the war against terrorists, I’m a hawk. When it comes to counterproductive wars of regime change, I’m a dove."

1: She joined Republicans in that bill they passed condemning Obama for not using the words "radical Islamic extremism" enough.
2: She has never met a military budget increase she hasn't supported and voted for.
3: She voted three different times to continue the Authorization for Use of Military Force that has been sitting around since the 9/11 attacks.
4: She was the sole democratic vote in favor of the American Security Against Foreign Enemies Act, which prevented the US from taking in refugees from the Syrian conflict.
5: She has repeatedly run cover for Assad, and to this day suggests that the people in Khan Sheikhun used chemical weapons on themselves in a secret plot to draw America into the war (a position rejected by the inspectors on the ground and the international community, but promoted by Putin) https://www.tulsi2020.com/record/reports-chemical-attacks-syria

Basically, on domestic stuff she is pretty good, but on her foreign policy votes you can predict her vote essentially with 100% accuracy based on asking yourself the question: "Does this hurt muslims?" and "Does this help Russia?"

LegendaryFrog fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 25, 2019

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

eke out posted:

she's moved from Tucker to Hannity too - she should gently caress right off out of the election and focus on losing her seat in congress.

she's not done auditioning for a job at fox news

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

weird how tucker carlson and dave rubin's favorite democrat would do such a thing

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1187659441124106240?s=20

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

*courtroom whispers*

"Jesus, what balls!"

"We've never seen balls of this magnitude before!"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The best part of this for me is that he looks both bewildered and like he's just had a moment of self-reflection of how much people dislike him... and then when he turns to Schumer, Schumer just looks at him like "are you really shocked?"

I know I'm probably reading too much into it.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Shinji2015 posted:

The best part of this for me is that he looks both bewildered and like he's just had a moment of self-reflection of how much people dislike him... and then when he turns to Schumer, Schumer just looks at him like "are you really shocked?"

'i don't get it. i mean, Tim Scott LOVES me"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I’m pretty sure Mitch McConnell is a well-disguised kappa

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/1187672988939894785

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I’m pretty sure Mitch McConnell is a well-disguised kappa
I have to assume you meant to say "barely-disguised" there.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Robot Hobo posted:

I have to assume you meant to say "barely-disguised" there.

Well, you can’t see the water on his head so I assume he’s putting the bulk of his effort into making that look passable

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Hell yeah

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Shinji2015 posted:

that look Chuck Schumer gives McConnell

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Interweb posted:

weird how tucker carlson and dave rubin's favorite democrat would do such a thing

Don't forget Tim Pool's number one candidate! :downs:

Wierd how all these shithead regressives really like this "Leftist" :thunk:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Well, you can’t see the water on his head so I assume he’s putting the bulk of his effort into making that look passable

Pretty sure we’ve seen many public instances of him sucking rear end, though.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

mdemone posted:

*courtroom whispers*

"Jesus, what balls!"

"We've never seen balls of this magnitude before!"

PRO Bill Hicks reference here. Kudos.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Tulsi will flame out like Paul Ryan as foreshadowed by her also releasing workout imagery of herself.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Gabbard is one of those cases where a bad actor hitched their wagon to the Sanders campaign in '16 and got this weird unearned benefit of the doubt for it.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Neo Rasa posted:

Tulsi will flame out like Paul Ryan as foreshadowed by her also releasing workout imagery of herself.

She's an attractive woman, so given the horndog glasses many straight men use to view the world, that kind of photoshoot would not be the kind of PR own goal you're imagining. Have her pose with some guns and you've got conservative meme and t-shirt material for at least a decade.

I'm sure she'd do much better than Jill Stein if she ran thrid party.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

VH4Ever posted:

PRO Bill Hicks reference here. Kudos.

:neckbeard:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Brony Car posted:

She's an attractive woman, so given the horndog glasses many straight men use to view the world, that kind of photoshoot would not be the kind of PR own goal you're imagining. Have her pose with some guns and you've got conservative meme and t-shirt material for at least a decade.

I'm sure she'd do much better than Jill Stein if she ran thrid party.

I have a Never Trump Republican relative who I almost never communicate with that reached out to me to mention how they want Tulsi Gabbard to be president the most out of anyone, but I also notice if you, not that I recommend this, look at some conservative sites, now that she's a little more prominent again her being attractive and wearing yoga pants is written off as a trick republican men have to do their best not to fall for because she's not conservative enough etc.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Neo Rasa posted:

I have a Never Trump Republican relative who I almost never communicate with that reached out to me to mention how they want Tulsi Gabbard to be president the most out of anyone, but I also notice if you, not that I recommend this, look at some conservative sites, now that she's a little more prominent again her being attractive and wearing yoga pants is written off as a trick republican men have to do their best not to fall for because she's not conservative enough etc.

Stupid, sexy Tulsi!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tulsi would do worse than Stein did because 3rd party vote share as a whole is going to take a nosedive compared to 2016 when the unique circumstances of that election created a vacuum for 3rd parties to fill.

Not to mention that for all of her terrible faults Jill Stein had spent years banking up a reputation of being a supposedly anti-establishment outsider that could run on the well known Green Party name. Tulsi on the other hand would be a very recent also ran failure rejected wholesale from her own political party now desperately trying to carpetbag under a different banner.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 25, 2019

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tulsi would do worse than Stein did because 3rd party vote share as a whole is going to take a nosedive compared to 2016 when the unique circumstances of that election created a vacuum for 3rd parties to fill.

Not to mention that for all of her terrible faults Jill Stein had spent years banking up a reputation of being a supposedly anti-establishment outsider that could run on the well known Green Party name. Tulsi on the other hand would be a very recent also ran failure rejected wholesale from her own political party now desperately trying to carpetbag under a different banner.

Well known? That’s being a bit generous.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Tulsi probably already has a sweet Fox News contributor contract signed and ready so she can be the new resident "Democrat" making GBS threads on the Democrat nominee from the "left".

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

Democrat nominee

I know this is gonna sound a bit pedantic, but can we not do this? It's the "DemocratIC Party", and the nominee for the Democratic Party will be the DemocratIC nominee. Rush Limbaugh started calling it the "Democrat Party" in an attempt to otherize and delegitimize Democrats and it's made its way WAY too far into modern political lexicon. Don't accept their framing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Solkanar512 posted:

Well known? That’s being a bit generous.

A lot of people know about the Green Party even if it’s as a joke.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I know this is gonna sound a bit pedantic, but can we not do this? It's the "DemocratIC Party", and the nominee for the Democratic Party will be the DemocratIC nominee. Rush Limbaugh started calling it the "Democrat Party" in an attempt to otherize and delegitimize Democrats and it's made its way WAY too far into modern political lexicon. Don't accept their framing.

Trump even says outright that's why HE says it that way, because it sounds more disrespectful.

Doubt that was his own idea though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TyrantWD posted:

Tulsi probably already has a sweet Fox News contributor contract signed and ready so she can be the new resident "Democrat" making GBS threads on the Democrat nominee from the "left".

Ironically she'll be on the same panel as Donna Brazille

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Trump even says outright that's why HE says it that way, because it sounds more disrespectful.

Doubt that was his own idea though.

It absolutely was not his idea, the slur "Democrat Party" has been around a lot longer than him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A lot of people know about the Green Party even if it’s as a joke.

The Green Party is pretty well known thanks to Ralph Nader’s 2000 run. Nader wasn’t a nobody and that run got a lot of play in 2000, especially because the media was thinking that they had another Ross Perot to talk about. I’m willing to bet that the Green Party is the first thing that comes to mind for a lot of Americans when they think “third party,” much to the dismay of Libertarians everywhere.