Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Hey now, the current Spider-Man cartoon is actually quite good.

They were probably talking about Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
*Pours one out for Spectacular Spider-Man*

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Skwirl posted:

They were probably talking about Avengers.

Avengers and Spectacular Spider-Man. I hear the current Spidey cartoon isn’t too bad but man Spectacular was a breath of fresh air for Spider-Man media.

Avengers was so drat good and was looking to get even better. It was a drat shame.

The plus is we will likely see a bunch of good Marvel animation here soon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Spectacular was probably the closest any Marvel cartoon came to the highs of BTAS, but I also don't think it's cancelation had anything to do with Jeph Loeb. I thought it was because of Disney/Sony revamping their Spider-Man deals.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Earth's Mightiest Heroes kind of poo poo the bed in the second season, but I assume most of that was that they got cancelled.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

Earth's Mightiest Heroes kind of poo poo the bed in the second season, but I assume most of that was that they got cancelled.

Jeph Loeb was actively interfering with the show at that point. Claimed kids couldn't understand multi-episode arcs, meanwhile, for all it's faults, the 90's X-Men cartoon was a huge hit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

Hey now, the current Spider-Man cartoon is actually quite good.

Yeah but it's not spectacular.

Skwirl posted:

Spectacular was probably the closest any Marvel cartoon came to the highs of BTAS, but I also don't think it's cancelation had anything to do with Jeph Loeb. I thought it was because of Disney/Sony revamping their Spider-Man deals.

Sony gave Marvel TV animation back, Marvel killed it in their words because they had their own cartoon coming up but obviously because Sony owned part of it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but it's not spectacular.

Sony gave Marvel TV animation back, Marvel killed it in their words because they had their own cartoon coming up but obviously because Sony owned part of it.

Yeah, so that's not Jeph Loeb's fault (though how bad the next one was absolutely is) EMH he shot in the back of the head while saying a pithy one liner.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

chime_on posted:

Watchmen was really insane and good.

https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1186468302400507904?s=19

Related!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dexo posted:

*Pours one out for Spectacular Spider-Man*

Neither Jeph Loeb or Disney had anything to do with that getting canned.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Fellow goon donoteat did a video on the Tulsa Massacre last year. It's good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfVzbM3l7RQ

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

It was probably going to be canceled anyway because Marvel and Sony co-producing it was unlikely, but it was in fact the Disney purchase that killed it for sure.

Not Loeb though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, so that's not Jeph Loeb's fault (though how bad the next one was absolutely is) EMH he shot in the back of the head while saying a pithy one liner.

And what makes it really irritating was the arc they were in the process of building up that they then scuttled was essentially Walt Simonson's Thor run with Surtur.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Not quite a comic but heroy nonetheless, (I can't find a thread about it in TVIV lol) has anyone watched or been watching Raising Dion on Netflix? I heard good things but I don't want to start another show with a lot of potential and get insanely disappointed 😔

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lurdiak posted:

I mean technically Disney did, but I'm not assigning blame I'm just lamenting the death of a great cartoon.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Does this mean no more Cloak and Dagger? :ohdear:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Koalas March posted:

Not quite a comic but heroy nonetheless, (I can't find a thread about it in TVIV lol) has anyone watched or been watching Raising Dion on Netflix? I heard good things but I don't want to start another show with a lot of potential and get insanely disappointed 😔

Huh, just from the title I wrote it off as some parental drama; had no idea it involved superpowers. Guess I'll be checking this out, thanks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There actually was a Raising Dion comic, but only 1 issue.

I haven't read it myself so I don't know if it was a one and done in 24 pages or the author just never got around to continuing it.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Argue posted:

Huh, just from the title I wrote it off as some parental drama; had no idea it involved superpowers. Guess I'll be checking this out, thanks.

Yeah! Kid has powers (his mom doesn't) and his missing dad (Michael B Jordan) is basically black Superman?

It looks interesting but I wanted to see what goons thought about it lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6koPaImHzY

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

There actually was a Raising Dion comic, but only 1 issue.

I haven't read it myself so I don't know if it was a one and done in 24 pages or the author just never got around to continuing it.

Oh good, now I don't feel so bad about asking about it here lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's on my netflix watch list as soon as I finish Living With Yourself.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yvonmukluk posted:

Does this mean no more Cloak and Dagger? :ohdear:

It was cancelled.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This Crisis stuff is making me want to invest in this rabbit hole. Is there a list of what CW DC stuff I should go through?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

This Crisis stuff is making me want to invest in this rabbit hole. Is there a list of what CW DC stuff I should go through?

The five main shows are Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow. You could probably get by just watching the previous crossovers then go back and watch the shows with the characters you're most interested in, because otherwise that's a lot of television that varies pretty wildly in both quality and tone

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Particularly because if we start listing the "good stuff" I think everyone's going to disagree except for Legends where they found their footing near the end of season 1 and never lost it again. The others all have their high and low points. Well, except for Batwoman which has had a grand total of 3 episodes outside the crossover so there hand't been time to get better or worse.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1187493357854969856?s=21

Sounds like this was a Freeform decision and primarily a ratings issue, but folks can read whatever Feige involvement into this they like, I guess

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well poo poo snacks, that was a good show.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That is absolutely terrible news. That show is on par with or better than anything else Marvel had on networks.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was really good, shame

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1187493357854969856?s=21

Sounds like this was a Freeform decision and primarily a ratings issue, but folks can read whatever Feige involvement into this they like, I guess
Noooo! Bring it back on Disney plus, dammit!

Or a least bring the characters back in some way. It'd be cool to see them included in an adaption of say, Black Panther & The Crew.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're gonna be on Runaways.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rhyno posted:

They're gonna be on Runaways.
I know that, but I watched the first series of that and I'll be honest, I was not impressed. Plus I don't get the second season on Amazon Prime in the UK, and likely not the third. So even if it is good I can't watch it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
How much Jeremy Irons is there in the new watchmen series?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

MacheteZombie posted:

How much Jeremy Irons is there in the new watchmen series?

Only been the one episode so far, so hard to judge, but whatever his storyline is and whoever he is, he is currently (seemingly) separate from the rest of the characters, so he's really only shown up in one scene.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Klungar posted:

Only been the one episode so far, so hard to judge, but whatever his storyline is and whoever he is, he is currently (seemingly) separate from the rest of the characters, so he's really only shown up in one scene.

Ah okay, thought there was a few eps out already. Thanks!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

MacheteZombie posted:

Ah okay, thought there was a few eps out already. Thanks!

Six have been released to critics, but only one has aired to the public.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Klungar posted:

Who he is? I guess I'll spoiler this, but isn't he Veidt?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Medullah posted:

Who he is? I guess I'll spoiler this, but isn't he Veidt?

Thats who IMDB/wiki list him as. Some people think he is acting more like Doc Manhattan. I don’t, but we don’t really know 100%.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Thats who IMDB/wiki list him as. Some people think he is acting more like Doc Manhattan. I don’t, but we don’t really know 100%.

There's also a newspaper headline saying Veidt is dead. But that could be a misdirect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

There's also a newspaper headline saying Veidt is dead. But that could be a misdirect.

Declared dead, with no body.