Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ironically, he probably produced less as a Star Citizen :airquote: producer :airquote: than he did at any other job.
Edit: taxxe

Bofast fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

Fun fact: Florida has very few basements. I believe this explains something about Florida, but I’m not sure what.

Groundwater table is like two feet under your feet at any given point.

Also it's usually coral so digging a simple fence post becomes breaking out the jackhammer.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Haha, holy hell, the long running and successful cop shooter/bag throwing simulator Payday 2 has resumed development after it was suspended in Dec 2018. There's new dlc and free content coming from the original devs.

The game released in 2013 and had a solid 5 years of updates, with at one point dlc coming every fortnight. This means they survived their developer going almost bankrupt and a lot of ownership changing hands.

Meanwhile Star Citizen does another Con.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Kikas posted:

Haha, holy hell, the long running and successful cop shooter/bag throwing simulator Payday 2 has resumed development after it was suspended in Dec 2018. There's new dlc and free content coming from the original devs.

The game released in 2013 and had a solid 5 years of updates, with at one point dlc coming every fortnight. This means they survived their developer going almost bankrupt and a lot of ownership changing hands.

Overkill posted:

At one point in time, our company believed that the interest and engagement in PAYDAY 2 would decline over time, as new internal games were released. Resources were needed on new projects and production of PAYDAY 2 was scheduled to stop and no more updates to come. By popular demand this deadline was extended a few times, but development on PAYDAY 2 ultimately shut down December 2018.

It was also believed that the sheer amount of six years of DLC-releases was confusing for returning or new players and a blocker for people to get into the game. At the same time, getting the game with all of its content, was coming in above 200 USD, a respectable sum for any game.

link

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Do we really need this? Not sure how I feel about laughing at individual people for that kind of thing. Especially lower ranking employees.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Kikas posted:

The developers of noted drill failure simulator Payday 2 really do seem to like their game and the community that plays it.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Has anyone called Star Citizen a "broke dick piece of poo poo scam" yet?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bofast posted:

This is basically me when CIG starts talking networks :D

Or at the very least do mocap for some in-game barista

Han Solo doesn't do coffee. Only bartenders allowed.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

From political officer Lando's megaphone during CIG orientation:
The one with the keyboard models ships!
One out of two gets a keyboard!
The one without, follows him! When the one with the keyboard gets a real job, the one who is following picks up the keyboard and models ships!

Thank you, Comrade Commissar!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Iceclaw posted:

Do we really need this? Not sure how I feel about laughing at individual people for that kind of thing. Especially lower ranking employees.

Well, he left CIG, so yeah, not really on the radar as it were for this thread. Although lower ranking? Producer isn't usually that low.

Anyway, he's now working for supercell, which is probably a very positive career move considering how much cash the company must be raking in.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Something tells me that a community manager isn't getting paid a lot, even if the company is rolling in cash.

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

Tokamak posted:

Something tells me that a community manager isn't getting paid a lot, even if the company is rolling in cash.

CI=/=G rolls in cash while the community managers roll in the poo poo.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

Me too. I'm glad they 100% abandoned "space combat" and "ship boarding combat" and everything else the entire foundation of the game was supposed to be. Jail cells and caves are where space games are at.

And poop harvesting. I always played Star Control 2 demanding the ability to harvest poop, so I'm glad something better now has that capability.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Was Uncle Derek ever a stuntman?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Was Uncle Derek ever a stuntman?

The most cunning stunt man.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Bofast posted:

This is basically me when CIG starts talking networks :D

It's like everything with CIG. Every day it seems a different facet of the company is facing outward. Somewhere out there is an actual expert on the topic they're fronting sophistication over, and that person is having a meltdown. Coffee, networking, art, and so on. Anyone who knows even a little about a given topic can write a dissertation about how CIG isn't just doing it badly, but doing it the maximum amount of wrong. CIG is like procedural antimatter, and it's evidently not limited to game development.

I didn't realize until the coffee post that antipatterns could show up in barista discipline.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Jumping on the coffee train, we have 2 expensive looking Italian things that you can use to do your own lattes or whatever crap people drink from them.

I just drink black coffee, so I use this thing

https://www.keurig.ca/eccellenza-touch-brewer

It can do french vanilla, some chocolate type things, and normal coffee. You choose that, you choose your bean (1 of 2, or blend), choose your size, and how strong.

After reading that barista's rant I'm glad that the maintenance and supplies bit of running this machine is contracted out to someone (also the machine provider I imagine).

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Zushio posted:

You know, I DO need a new job. CIG got any branches in Canada?

Edit: Anyone know the tea status? Not a coffee fan.

I've seen a really lovely commercial for jobs at Behavior on the metro in Montreal every day this week.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Iceclaw posted:

Depends if jumping from QA to production is unusual I guess. And could speak to some of the wonky 'let Chris flow' production between 2014-2016.

And whether or not he oversaw the giant mining bug thing...

quote:

Early white- and greybox development for Star Citizen's mining and repair systems

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1187758311266902016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pixelate posted:

Depends if jumping from QA to production is unusual I guess. And could speak to some of the wonky 'let Chris flow' production between 2014-2016.

And whether or not he oversaw the giant mining bug thing...

Hahaha all the wasted time on poo poo lol

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Han Solo doesn't do coffee. Only bartenders allowed.
1) Chris probably doesn't care as long as he gets to do more mocap.
2) Han Solo shot first and I think our fellow goon mentioned shots like 8 times in one post.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

FPS WEAPONS HELD WRONG - IN CAMERA MODE (F4)

quote:

Holding the weapon rather clumpsie

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008

Seven years of devtime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTGVsRBf2iw

Seven. Years.

Edit: I read the comments. It´s just a cult now.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Which end di the bullet come out

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
There is a guy in charge of props? So basically the entire project?

The Outer Worlds sitting at 82/100 on metcritic. Eat your heart out Chris Roberts.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

lol what the actual....

This project is the gift that keeps on giving.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Lladre posted:

All of them

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

Lladre posted:

The trigger was pulled, the bullet both was shot and clipped through the chamber, and due to stellar coding, every bullet in the inventory switched to 'fired' and proceeded to kill the citizen in question before the inevitable server overload and CTD.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Star Marine and CoD Modern Warfare are so similar in quality, looks and feel, you can hardly tell the difference.

Apart from one of these being a trash shooter module that would not have been state if the art if we had 2010 today and is part of a project that keeps getting funded by idiots drowned in denial after 300 million and in the 8th year of failure.

Other than that, it’s close!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Lifts working perfectly

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Mr.PayDay posted:

Star Marine and CoD Modern Warfare are so similar in quality, looks and feel, you can hardly tell the difference.

Apart from one of these being a trash shooter module that would not have been state if the art if we had 2010 today and is part of a project that keeps getting funded by idiots drowned in denial after 300 million and in the 8th year of failure.

Other than that, it’s close!

CoD: MW makes SC look like the total poo poo it is.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Confirmation Star Citizen is more lethal than CoD.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

The horror! The horror!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Obligatory "It's raining men" reference.

Stupid bug is stupid, how does that even happen? The code must be hosed, like 'stick a fork in it, it's done' hosed.

zebedy
Feb 25, 2006
well?

BRB pooping posted:

Seven years of devtime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTGVsRBf2iw

Seven. Years.

Edit: I read the comments. It´s just a cult now.

high fidelity loving food courts.
CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

The brief glimpse of all the NPCs raining down made me laugh pretty hard, not gonna lie...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Click the link so you can listen to this with the music. The edit is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

zebedy posted:

high fidelity loving food courts.
CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME

I made it as far as the warning light system they've "developed" using their "new technology" which they have called "building blocks".

I know right, even the guy talking about it had a sudden increase in voice pitch as he said it, at this point I'm pretty sure CI¬g would attempt to claim that they invented the internet.