Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Digital Osmosis posted:

Oh, artcop chat - what did people paint on the wall? I was in fully apocalypse mode so I went with "SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL is about to happen" or whatever the exact wording was, and I don't regret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i just went with NO PARKING

kim hated it but i don't do EVERYTHING for your approval, kim

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Digital Osmosis posted:

Oh, artcop chat - what did people paint on the wall? I was in fully apocalypse mode so I went with "SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL is about to happen" or whatever the exact wording was, and I don't regret it.

We all know there's only one true message

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

pmchem posted:

from the official discord, just now. Dani is their community manager (I have no idea if that's a paid position or what):

[8:35 AM] pmchem: @Dani @MarkusH the public steam release keeps getting patched, including today, but there are no patch notes to be found anywhere, or even comments on the existence of a patch. Is that coming soon? In my opinion, ZA/UM is missing out on a lot of potential customer goodwill by not screaming to the world about how good their post-launch support has been. Customers (including me) VALUE that and your Steam sales and review scores will go up if you post about your patches.
[8:37 AM] Dani: Hi there, as I've said before in here patch notes are coming for large patches, at the moment they aren't significant or are specific fixes. I do appreciate the frustration but we appreciate any and all patience because we're a very small team and we're doing the best we can to prioritise amongst all the issues coming in. Thank you!
[8:37 AM] pmchem: that's my point, though -- posting about specific fixes is something people will appreciate!
[8:38 AM] pmchem: maybe not on the zaum devblog but at least on the steam client updates section
[8:39 AM] Dani: Also we've only been out just over a week so the team has had a lot to deal with and this is our first ever launch and they've had to get their bearings after being overwhelmed with the reception : D <3

We hope to post patch notes around once a week going forward and we do appreciate the feedback, we apologise it's taking a little longer to initiate our process but we're working on it. Unfortunately there is only one of me :stuck_out_tongue:
[8:39 AM] Dani: Yes we plan to post them on steam

Dani is very wholesome.

And also spends her day liking everyone who posts literally anything about Disco Elysium on Twitter, lol.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

She seems nice but their communication strategy just baffles me. They're missing out on easy PR wins by not communicating anything about patches they keep pushing to clients. Take 20 minutes away from liking tweets and write a 20 line note to post on steam saying 'hey we fixed some bugs you guys reported and more fixes are coming soon'. jfc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
how far from the end am I if i'm searching the coast for ruby?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jose posted:

how far from the end am I if i'm searching the coast for ruby?

The coast has a lot of stuff to do. Finding Ruby starts the endgame, which is railroaded.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Doing the coastal sidequests also really helps to make the mandatory Shivers check coming up easier.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Broken Cog posted:

We all know there's only one true message

Where do you get the heavy fuel oil to paint with? Cindy gave me the brush.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

pmchem posted:

She seems nice but their communication strategy just baffles me. They're missing out on easy PR wins by not communicating anything about patches they keep pushing to clients. Take 20 minutes away from liking tweets and write a 20 line note to post on steam saying 'hey we fixed some bugs you guys reported and more fixes are coming soon'. jfc.

She's a community manager and the coders would be the ones writing the list of bugs and, presumably, the coders are still quite busy.

But yeah, they should start posting those.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

space uncle posted:

Where do you get the heavy fuel oil to paint with? Cindy gave me the brush.

You can find a fuel canister on the ice past the water lock. Pretty sure it's that.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’ve got a huge performance increase with new patch. I hope the rest of y’all experience this goodness. Also I’m seeing active weather for the first time, though that might have not been a big.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Digital Osmosis posted:

I like the previous couple of discussions that IE is your unconscious and Shivers is the collective unconscious, but I'm not sure I saw anything with IE that I couldn't explain away while Shivers occasionally gets actively para-natural. They're both ambiguous, but the IE bit "Love did me in / Communism killed me" could be Harry noticing that Lety was happy when he died but still not wanting to rule out the Union. On the other hand Shivers outright told me that the Arno whatever tape was on a tree I hadn't seen before. Also Shivers straight up identifies itself as the world-spirit in the church rave, which could have been in part due to the proximity of the 2mm hole.

You can come up with plausible alternatives - Harry saw the tree even if I, the player, didn't, noticed there was a tape in it, and used that information. All of the Shivers flash-sideways are just you imagining things. The conversation with the plasmid through IE was slightly real. But overall I get the feeling IE is just super intuition and Shivers is a little bit more. (Shivers wants you to forget your ex so you can keep being an inexplicably great cop / so you can be at your best when the Return happens.)

Harry believes he is Pale-touched, like the Pale driver, who similarly gets pretty weird. His memory is gone, ofc, but when both Joyce and the driver agree he's just as insane as they are it's probably para-natural stuff in tune with the Pale. How he got it who knoooows.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

harry is actually the only sane one, why would the soul of the city speak to him and him alone otherwise?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Now that you mention it, Joyce is just slightly off. Not as off as the paledriver, but still.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

wiegieman posted:

Now that you mention it, Joyce is just slightly off. Not as off as the paledriver, but still.

She outright tells you this if you ask her about it. She can tell.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Who is the paledriver again, I can't place that one.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Is there another way to get a paintbrush other than Cindy? I...aced the Conceptualization check and came up with a sweet phoenix that I'd literally light on fire, and my fine artistic skills were too much for her and now I can't get her brush.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Finished my first playthrough yesterday, doing a police procedural mostly because I'm boring like that but one thing bothers me still. Why did Kim say that we should've arrested Klaasje? She did nothing that would call for that. Sure, she's a spy and she lied to me but she did help me find the culprit. Is the law in Revanche so strict?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

How am I meant to get past the "Pale Unknown" penalty in the Logic check with Soona (after you get the teens settled in the church)? I've already had Joyce explain to me about the Pale, talked to the paledriver lady, and read the hokey Pale medicine book. Do I need to internalize the Motorway South thought from the paledriver?

I didn't really want to ask for these hints originally, but I'm pretty interested in the lore about the Pale and it'd be a shame to miss out on it

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Terminally Bored posted:

Finished my first playthrough yesterday, doing a police procedural mostly because I'm boring like that but one thing bothers me still. Why did Kim say that we should've arrested Klaasje? She did nothing that would call for that. Sure, she's a spy and she lied to me but she did help me find the culprit. Is the law in Revanche so strict?

The law in Revachol is in fact deliberately loose. The RCM aren't even allowed to ask for licenses, and have to do thorough work before they can arrest someone.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Terminally Bored posted:

Professional reason? She's a spy.
Personal reason? She ditched you at a point where it would have been really convenient to have her around (The tribunal, she was the closest person to the murdered merc leader), and also she was throwing everyone under the bus and lying to you to save her own skin.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

wiegieman posted:

If you ask her about it, you can learn that although pale exposure isn't instantly fatal or anything, it is damaging to the mind, so for good health there's only so much a person is supposed to take without breaks, and that's why there are yearly limits to how much pale travel the average person is even allowed to do. Joyce's position means that the travel restrictions don't apply to her. Wild Pines constantly has her traveling in person (even though there's inter-pale radio communications that would often suffice). She's over-radiated and she knows it. Something something capitalism.

Broken Cog posted:

Who is the paledriver again, I can't place that one.
Paledriver is in the eastern part of the lorry jam, past the statue.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Just finished this. What an experience! Best RPG I've played in a long, long time. Good thing, too, because it looks like the most recent patch broke my saves when I wanted to try some things differently towards the endgame.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Hogama posted:

Paledriver is in the eastern part of the lorry jam, past the statue.

Ah yeah, thanks. I completely forgout about her, probably because she's not actually connected to any quests IIRC.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

blizzardvizard posted:

How am I meant to get past the "Pale Unknown" penalty in the Logic check with Soona (after you get the teens settled in the church)? I've already had Joyce explain to me about the Pale, talked to the paledriver lady, and read the hokey Pale medicine book. Do I need to internalize the Motorway South thought from the paledriver?

I didn't really want to ask for these hints originally, but I'm pretty interested in the lore about the Pale and it'd be a shame to miss out on it
That seems like a bug, since it went away for me after I did the talk with Joyce. Although, I did basically leave the conversation until I hit that penalty, which shouldn't be necessary, but it's quite possible that some flag value got reset somehow for you and others who've had that issue.

f#a# posted:

Is there another way to get a paintbrush other than Cindy? I...aced the Conceptualization check and came up with a sweet phoenix that I'd literally light on fire, and my fine artistic skills were too much for her and now I can't get her brush.
I think you just need to argue with her further. Maybe try to threaten or beg for it. Maybe go up to her if you're yelling from the ground.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Hogama posted:

That seems like a bug, since it went away for me after I did the talk with Joyce. Although, I did basically leave the conversation until I hit that penalty, which shouldn't be necessary, but it's quite possible that some flag value got reset somehow for you and others who've had that issue.

Boo.

I guess this is gonna be the one time I allow myself to do some heavy savescumming

e: Nevermind this sucks. Seems like I'm entering endgame soon anyway so I guess I'll just keep a separate save and read it whenever it gets fixed

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 25, 2019

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

(Endgame) I can too be a 50/50 apologetic centrist and turbocommunist, Kim, we shall make excuses for the terror

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

"You're a smart cop, but a stupid person" is an amazing ice burn. I'm actually in awe of it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

overeager overeater posted:

(Endgame) I can too be a 50/50 apologetic centrist and turbocommunist, Kim, we shall make excuses for the terror

profusely apologizing to everybody sent to the gallows

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019

Hogama posted:

If you ask her about it, you can learn Joyce's position means that the travel restrictions don't apply to her.

Doesn't she just have a *bit* more freedom? She's trained for up to 22 days per year of pale exposure instead of something like 7

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
how does the Pale manifest? Is it like a mist or something?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I think I reached a game-breaking bug at the end-game, where I'm locked in dialogue.

(Spoiler after the point of no return at the new area that unlocks) I saw the phasmid while trying to arrest and was forced to talk to it. I can't pass the electrochemistry test and after it ran I'm stuck between Yelling no and telling myself no one will believe. Is there any way of getting out of this or do I need to load and old save and wait and hope for a patch? I assume that one interaction at the place sleeping, would progress to a state where something changes and I might miss out on getting the arrest altogether, so I don't want to try that.

Also, in case that is something that requires a full on replay, is there much stuff after the bug or is it just an epilogue or something?

Randler fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 25, 2019

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

overeager overeater posted:

Aces high, apologetic communism is the only way to go. I'm sorry about this, but we simply must seize the means of production. Would you please line up against the wall in an orderly fashion when the revolution comes? Thanks in advance.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

how does the Pale manifest? Is it like a mist or something?

I don't know if it's described directly, but Joyce describes the edge of it as a (to paraphrase) "reverse landslide" with matter disappearing into the Pale. My guess is like an almost featureless gray expanse with the faded impressions of something once having been.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
This game is AMAZING. I'm in my first 3 hours and holy poo poo, what a treasure!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

turboraton posted:

This game is AMAZING. I'm in my first 3 hours and holy poo poo, what a treasure!

I love each and every one of these horrible disaster people

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

turboraton posted:

Yea, I cannot remember the last game to grab my attention so forcefully within the first 10 seconds.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So I'm thinking about the ending. We're clearly meant to compare the killer and Harry. The killer refuses to let go long past the point he should. Of course, this is partially his own fault for just staying on the island but it is also the fault of the phasmid which is killing him/driving him nuts (who I guess is meant to be Harry's ex, not able to be seen but is always present). Whats kind of eating at me is the interaction between the phasmid and Harry. I'm assuming that the dialogue is meant to give Harry a kind of closure to his relationship but I'm not really sure that it comes across that way. I've only played through the game once, so maybe I didn't get very good choices or something. I'd like to hear thoughts from people that thought the writing was amazing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Hogama posted:

I think you just need to argue with her further. Maybe try to threaten or beg for it. Maybe go up to her if you're yelling from the ground.

Nope, once you pass the check it locks you out. Her dialog tree even when I'm up with her is now all exhausted (day 4, still haven't checked church). I think she might only give up her brush if you fail the check but that's gone now.

Well, that sucks, Conceptualization was my signature skill and I wanted to do art :(