Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Random Integer posted:

Even better those buys are Dubs, so its like at least a double racism.

Dubs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

this thread is SUBS ONLY

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Dubliners. They're from Dublin.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Was going to until I saw it was by Friedbread and can't comment.

Submit to the torture!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A mug you just want to punch.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I see :actually: had a shave.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

Submit to the torture!

it's amazing* how often the same people who accuse Labour of being anti-democratic demand that Labour do things that would go against party democracy

*amazement not guaranteed

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Submit to the torture!

Jonathan Freedlandlord.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/L__Macfarlane/status/1187778452193206273?s=19

Celtic are good.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Submit to the torture!

man who has been calling for corbyns removal since he got in says no REALLY now listen to me this ti-

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Scikar posted:

He's already decided not to vote Labour, he's just trying to find reasons to justify that decision after the fact. He's already said he likes Labour policies, so if he were really the floating voter he claims to be then that should already be enough.

gently caress, Labour really is hosed isn’t it?

Is there really no one left who has any ambition other than losing by a lesser margin than 2015? No one who is remotely aware that most of the seats that need winning to do better than 2017 have several non-Tory, non-fascist candidates standing? Voters need to be persuaded, not intimidated.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

radmonger posted:

Is there really no one left who has any ambition other than losing by a lesser margin than 2015? No one who is remotely aware that most of the seats that need winning to do better than 2017 have several non-Tory, non-fascist candidates standing? Voters need to be persuaded, not intimidated.

Why did we tell the other guy to roundly gently caress off when we tolerate this loving fubpee nevercorbyn turd constantly?

gently caress off Radmonger.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Brony Car posted:

You all consider Macron a centrist?

I thought Macron himself did

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

His Divine Shadow posted:

I thought Macron himself did
I thought he considered himself a deity.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

In this instance yes but let's not get carried away with ourselves here

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013

radmonger posted:

Turnout last time was 69% (nice). Every year brings more dead old people and more 18 year olds who know there is not future for them under the current system. 2 years isn't long but it doesn't take much of a boost in turnout to push over some marginal constituencies. While it would be very nice for you if the largest political party in Britain dedicated itself to pleasing you, as it has for the past 20 years, it's time to shut up and vote for the only choice that won't gently caress the country and deal with the extra 5% more tax you might possibly have to pay. If you can't see the writing on the wall at this stage you were a lost cause all along.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Why did we tell the other guy to roundly gently caress off when we tolerate this loving fubpee nevercorbyn turd constantly?

Yeah, Corbyn, well known for energetically campaigning against a Labour victory.

gently caress off back to your trust fund, Tory scum.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

radmonger posted:

Yeah, Corbyn, well known for energetically campaigning against a Labour victory.

Lmao what the gently caress is this

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

radmonger posted:

Wait. Do you think that SN is a Tory?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Gann/status/1187667678699360259?s=19

The woman who did the "5p bags for tougher benefits sanctions" tweet wrote an article about how people only like Corbyn because of feelings for the cow website.

It's loving atrocious and liberals are completely unwilling to examine themselves for even a second.

quote:

I went to party conference, in Harrogate, and I stayed up until 3 in the morning, then kept myself awake during the day by chain-drinking caramel macchiatos.

The most Lib Dem sentence. At least until The People's Commissariat starts the trials.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
libs are so loving desperate to will it into being 2008 again

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sanitary Naptime posted:

gently caress off Radmonger.

Pretty sure most of the thread already has him on ignore.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The people's commissariat does not serve caramel macchiatos, the people's commissariat only serves brickies' tea and instant coffee. And a full fried breakfast in a fadgie.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

loving lol Rory Stewart. Turns out those guys in Shoreditch he called 'minor gangsters' are Irish musicians.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/25/irish-musicians-hare-squead-anger-minor-gangsters-rory-stewart

quote:

Of the encounter, he said: “I saw this opportunistic white man from a distance has noticed us three black lads and he’s, like, getting really giddy and tells his camera, ‘Lets go’ … and then there’s the awkward conversation. Then he goes, ‘OK I’m a politician,’ so I was like, ‘Nice to meet you but I’m off to get some Nandos’.”

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Wait. Do you think that SN is a Tory?

You really think anyone would campaign so energetically for a Labour defeat unless they had a solid financial interest in the continuance of Tory government?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Members of N-Dubz, but its usually abbreviated

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

radmonger posted:

You really think anyone would campaign so energetically for a Labour defeat unless they had a solid financial interest in the continuance of Tory government?

Wtf are you even on about.

You been at the Floor Polish again?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Members of N-Dubz, but its usually abbreviated

Pretty sure it's the Queen's underground rap name

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Saros posted:

loving lol Rory Stewart. Turns out those guys in Shoreditch he called 'minor gangsters' are Irish musicians.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/25/irish-musicians-hare-squead-anger-minor-gangsters-rory-stewart

Lmao.

Also ive seen these guys (Hare Squead) live and they're good

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

radmonger posted:

How are you even able to post while you’re having such an extremely normal one?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Saros posted:

Rory Stewart is a posh fuckwit who's so stupid he can't tell when he's speaking to 3 Irish lads?
Well I never. Next thing, you'll be telling me that his stories about travelling around Asia may have contained some factual inaccuracies.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

bump_fn posted:

this thread is SUBS ONLY

It's true, I'm a huge slutty sub.

Also bugger the EU for not giving an extension date today, I understand why but it's still a pain in the arse.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Tenebrais posted:

Pretty sure most of the thread already has him on ignore.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Guavanaut posted:

I thought he considered himself a deity.
Not a centrist, the center.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Lmao what the gently caress is this
commentariat?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Posting on this, the Sanitary Naptime Tory Trust-fund Commemorative Page

#neverforget

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

commentariat?

:chanpop:

Ms Adequate posted:

It's true, I'm a huge slutty sub.

Also bugger the EU for not giving an extension date today, I understand why but it's still a pain in the arse.

I can see why they’re not saying yet, but it’s getting too close for them to remain comfortable with holding it off, and if the government is going to do a vote every day like their threatening then labour just has to run down the clock.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Reminder the only reason macron is president is because the alternative was marine le pen who is arguing she only lost because of this Charlie Hebdo front page

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/11/french-court-to-decide-on-marine-le-pen-steaming-excrement-case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lmao Sanitary Naptime Trust Fund.

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Gann/status/1187667678699360259?s=19

The woman who did the "5p bags for tougher benefits sanctions" tweet wrote an article about how people only like Corbyn because of feelings for the cow website.

It's loving atrocious and liberals are completely unwilling to examine themselves for even a second.
I don't even remember a strong tribal political atmosphere beyond "they're all useless, but voting's still important because people fought for that" growing up, and literally had "a sort of lizard-brain level conviction" that Tony Blair was a smug piece of poo poo who'd sell his own grandma the first time I saw him propped up as the leader of a "new kind of Labour." Something of the Patrick Bateman about him. I was told by teachers that was a poor reason to dislike him and he was going to do great things. I believe history has vindicated me on that.

I only support them now not just because I experienced more of life and read up on poo poo (is this what she means by political awakenings, or is that something magical that turns people into liberals?) and because, critically, they changed. The idea that I only support them now because I supported them in 2001 (lol no) because of lizard brains about not disappointing my mam is laughable.

tl;dr: In the end, I came to politics through policy. :smug: (And realizing that the basis of my actual lived experiences were political.)