Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Five annoying habits of female pro wrestling fans

1. Their hair gets in the way and I can't watch pro wrestling

2. They don't like it when I sit next to them

3. They take a selfie and put a sticker over my face if I'm accidentally in the photo

4. They spend too much money on merchandise

5. They put their arms around the wrestlers when taking two shots.

I feel like this reads more like it'd fit in well with a r/squaredcircle than in Weekly Pro Wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Five annoying habits of female pro wrestling fans

1. Their hair gets in the way and I can't watch pro wrestling

2. They don't like it when I sit next to them

3. They take a selfie and put a sticker over my face if I'm accidentally in the photo

4. They spend too much money on merchandise

5. They put their arms around the wrestlers when taking two shots.

Number 5 clear sign of a dude who was too scared to put his arm around SANADA or Tanahashi at a photo op. (Unlike me, who absolutely put his arm around the Ace) (I couldn't afford to get SANADA & EVIL too)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I legit thought it was a parody/satire thing till I realised what thread it was being posted in :stare:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm still holding out hope it is and I can't read sarcasm in Japanese.

The same guy wrote an article about old guys at dragon Gate so probably a parody

https://weeklyprowrestling.com/2019/04/14051/

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 24, 2019

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You must be confused, this is the thread for stupid opinions

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rarity posted:

You must be confused, this is the thread for stupid opinions

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

:shrug: I think there's a medium between slingshotting 2 week reigns and the top title being untouchable for a solid year or more. Especially with a brand new promotion like AEW.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 25, 2019

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

if you can't handle a judas effect then you shouldn't be on top

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

:shrug: I think there's a medium between slingshotting 2 week reigns and the top title being untouchable for a solid year or more. Especially with a brand new promotion like AEW.

Year long title reigns shouldn't be the norm but there's nothing wrong with establishing early on that your top belt is something that the champion will raise his game to hold on to as long as he can.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShootaBoy posted:

Kazuchika Okada held the title for a year and a half and when he finally dropped the belt it was one of the best matches of all time

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Kazuchika Okada held the title for a year and a half and when he finally dropped the belt it was one of the best matches of all time

Literally one week shy of 2 years, in actual fact.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only person who should hold the aew title for more than 9 months is okada

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

At this point I want them to keep it on Jericho for a good, long while. He's great at having matches he wins where the other guy still looks like a million bucks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

the only person who should hold the aew title for more than 9 months is okada

:hai:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Give the gold Goblin his Gold.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
VCR Wrestling is the perfect Trump Fundraiser because he's about to create the AEW Pizzagate.

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1187729435879006208?s=19

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I hate that you can only get Dippin' Dots at amusement parks.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Jericho wasn’t assaulted at an amusement park!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You can buy them at gas stations here

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Smoking Crow posted:

You can buy them at gas stations here

And where the gently caress is "here"?!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Central\Southeastern Ohio

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Here's a link to help you out

https://www.dippindots.com/locator.html

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Pope Corky the IX posted:

this whole conversation is because of a dippin dots-based assault that happened at an arena

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The only places you can get Dippin' Dots in NYC are Coney Island and the Prospect Park Zoo according to that handy locator.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Rarity posted:

I mean that's friggin' Okada, not some normal human. Like, I'm not saying to never do long reigns, but they shouldn't be the norm, and it definitely shouldn't be considered a failure if a year+ long reign doesn't happen.

And if someone does have a long reign, it needs to be done a certain way or you end up like WWE, where all your 'top guys' have nothing to do because the top title isn't even in the same loving state and everyone knows it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How did Okadas reign compare to the longest reigning champ in smackdown history JBL?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

oldpainless posted:

How did Okadas reign compare to the longest reigning champ in smackdown history JBL?

Longer than Okada's first reign & his current reign, tied in length with his 3rd reign at 280 days, shorter than the other 2. His 4th reign was 720 days.

Out of boredom I checked the WWE Championship reigns since JBL in 2004 & only 3 people held it longer than him: Cena, Punk, Styles. Of the other top belts they had, Batista held the World Heavyweight Championship for longer & Lesnar held the Universal for longer.

Brock Lesnar's IWGP title run was also 280 days long. Others to have held the IWGP belt as long as JBL held the WWE Championship (since 2004) are Tanahashi twice and Okada 3 times.
And for the heck of it, the AJPW Triple Crown: Toshiaki Kawada, Satoshi Kojima, Minoru Suzuki, Suwama, Jun Akiyama and Kento Miyahara twice.
NOAH's GHC Heavyweight Championship: Kenta Kobashi, Mitsuhara Misawa, Takashi Sugiura twice, Takeshi Morishima, KENTA, Minoru Suzuki, Katsuhiko Nakajima, & Kaito Kiyomiya.

And for a US perspective, ROH: Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuinness, Kevin Steen, Jay Briscoe & somehow both of Jay Lethal's reigns. ROH used to do a good job of balancing longer reigns with shorter transitional reigns.

None of this means anything.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 25, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If you want a semi-recent US reign that went super long and was ended properly, Samoa Joe and Danielson's were amazing. Kevin Steen had a nice long healthy reign in ROH, too (327 days, which is pretty long by a North American standard).

Once upon a time, ROH were the gold standard in US wrestling for how to book your world champion.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

All right, I can dig All City Candy having Dippin Dots.

but some of the places are just loving weird (stop by Kirtland, Ohio see one of the first LDS Churches, buy dippin dots at the Dairy Mart)

what the gently caress is up with Ohio.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

karmicknight posted:

All right, I can dig All City Candy having Dippin Dots.

but some of the places are just loving weird (stop by Kirtland, Ohio see one of the first LDS Churches, buy dippin dots at the Dairy Mart)

what the gently caress is up with Ohio.

Any state that can give us both Devo and Pere Ubu is gonna be an odd place

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you want a semi-recent US reign that went super long and was ended properly, Samoa Joe and Danielson's were amazing. Kevin Steen had a nice long healthy reign in ROH, too (327 days, which is pretty long by a North American standard).

Once upon a time, ROH were the gold standard in US wrestling for how to book your world champion.

Roderick Strong has a really great year+ PWG reign as well

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, a year is actually a good length for a world champion, long enough to get some big defences successfully done, but not so long as to burn the idea out. WWE's conditioned people to think that 2 months is a long reign, when it actually just feels that way because they run 100 hours of a TV a week and do the same match for the belt on all of it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Once they get them on. They killed Tyler Black and Dalton Castle by loving up their chases.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Deathlove posted:

Once they get them on. They killed Tyler Black and Dalton Castle by loving up their chases.

They nearly ruined Steen, too, he lost to Nigel a bunch of times, despite Nigel being in rough shape

It took ROH not having anybody ready to dethrone Davey plus Steen being the hottest thing on the indies for them to fix it

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 26, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MassRafTer posted:

VCR Wrestling is the perfect Trump Fundraiser because he's about to create the AEW Pizzagate.

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1187729435879006208?s=19

It gets better

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/1187732780672786432

What the gently caress is wrong with this dude's brain

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dippin' Dots fuckin' suck and it's the one thing Sean Spicer was ever right about.

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Dippin' Dots fuckin' suck and it's the one thing Sean Spicer was ever right about.

yo, whose persons is this???

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

whose mike this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shut the gently caress up about Sean spicer. No one cares.