Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

gently caress these disney hacks i will settle for nothing less than a 10,000 word wiki summary of the Donk droid's career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Durf posted:

gently caress these disney hacks i will settle for nothing less than a 10,000 word wiki summary of the Donk droid's career

Gonk droid. How are you gonna get power supplied from a donk. Makes no sense.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ikanreed posted:

:wink:

fake edit -- alternately:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Hoping Skippy the Jedi Droid get his own movie at some point.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

skasion posted:

That doesn’t really make sense either, parsecs are loving enormous. 12 parsecs is like 200 trillion miles, it’s not close at all.

Not to mention that he pulls out the 12 parsecs line when asked if his ship is fast. Anyway as we talked about earlier, the actual scene directions, and you know just watching the scenes and looking at how Han Solo and Obi-Wan (in particular) emote kind of makes it clear that it's just a bunch of bullshit that Han Solo pulled out of his rear end.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

it would be easy with your standard donk-to-gonk dongle

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Mozi posted:

That's forbidden technology!

Shame on you...

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
these JO crystals aren't going to charge themselves, you gotta do what you gotta do

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i don't give The Star Wars credit often but Han immediately trying to merc Vader like 0.5 seconds after the doors open in cloud city is the smartest thing I've ever seen anyone do in a fantasy/adventure movie

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mozi posted:

What about a gongle

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

im worried capt plasma isnt in this one

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Tiberius Christ posted:

im worried capt plasma isnt in this one

Why do I have to keep correcting you people. It's captain gonk

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

i don't give The Star Wars credit often but Han immediately trying to merc Vader like 0.5 seconds after the doors open in cloud city is the smartest thing I've ever seen anyone do in a fantasy/adventure movie

Empire probably is the best fantasy/adventure movie ever made though, so it stands to reason.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah the dude is the President of Space who is also the Boogieman and a powerful wizard, and Han just draws down and mag dumps him. You gotta appreciate the reflexes and the moxie.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

In space, on sight is how it's gotta be

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

skasion posted:

Luke accomplished nothing worth. Sure he decapitated the Empire, but he comprehensively failed to reestablish the Jedi religion. He did however inspire a megalomaniacal anti-Luke warlord to blow up the capital of the republic and completely shatter the galactic state.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Luke re-founded the Jedi Academy, and battled the Yuuzhan Vong.

:colbert:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

revwinnebago posted:

Gesumdheit

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

revwinnebago posted:

Ironically after this, his frighteningly powerful moron apprentice turned to the dark side and shattered the galactic state and Luke became an embittered exile

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

And then as a force ghost, he badgered his great-great-grandson to not be a gently caress up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Captain Plasma isn't in this one

Cause she's been promoted to Admiral Plasma

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It’s great how Luke just sorta died at the end. Just cuz. It mattered so little and came so out of nowhere that the actor didn’t even realize he was getting killed.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They should just do a game of thrones edgy treatment of The Glove Of Darth Vader. The protagonist is a drug-running slave master with a psychosexual crush on Leia, and his attempt to lie, cheat, and steal his way to the top of the Empire is easy HBO bait.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s great how yoda just sorta died at the end. Just cuz. It mattered so little and came so out of nowhere that the actor didn’t even realize he was getting killed.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yoda's old as gently caress though

Luke's just old as poo poo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s great how Luke just sorta died at the end. Just cuz. It mattered so little and came so out of nowhere that the actor didn’t even realize he was getting killed.

No? It was the least expectation subverty part of the movie, one last fatal effort to save the good guys after refusing to do anything for the rest of the movie. I really liked luke in TLJ.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I'll be honest, Frank oz can save any star wars just by being mildly annoyed with another character

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

sebmojo posted:

No? It was the least expectation subverty part of the movie, one last fatal effort to save the good guys after refusing to do anything for the rest of the movie. I really liked luke in TLJ.

Effort? He just called in via forceskype

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah but he had to dl the app, reset his password... It all adds up

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

It never felt like a fatal last stand or anything. It felt like he decided to do good and have a character moment then practically unrelated just kinda died.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gutcruncher posted:

It never felt like a fatal last stand or anything. It felt like he decided to do good and have a character moment then practically unrelated just kinda died.

So did yoda and obeewan

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Luke didn’t die. I mean he kind of did, but it’s not like he had a heart attack or got shanked or whatever. He transcended his material form and became a spirit, which is the final great teaching of the Jedi that Qui-gon achieved and passed on to Ben and Yoda. He transcended his guilt over Kylo, went beyond dukkha, and escaped from corporeal problems. Rey will never achieve this because she’s a meathead who thinks the force is about lifting rocks, which is why Luke is The Last Jedi.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

skasion posted:

Luke didn’t die. I mean he kind of did, but it’s not like he had a heart attack or got shanked or whatever. He transcended his material form and became a spirit, which is the final great teaching of the Jedi that Qui-gon achieved and passed on to Ben and Yoda. He transcended his guilt over Kylo, went beyond dukkha, and escaped from corporeal problems. Rey will never achieve this because she’s a meathead who thinks the force is about lifting rocks, which is why Luke is The Last Jedi.

:eyepop:

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

It's probably pretty hard to guess the planet your sister is on thousands of light years away and then send a ghost of yourself there when you're alive. Jedis normally only do that when they're dead.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"I will NOT be the last Jedi!"

- Luke Skywalker, last of the Jedi

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

sebmojo posted:

disillusioned hobo Luke in general was a solid & standard way to go, beyond the kylo murder idk what anyone was disappointed by.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

sebmojo posted:

So did yoda and obeewan

Actually yodas speech and death sucked, along with about half of rotj

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Saint Drogo posted:

disillusioned hobo Luke in general was a solid & standard way to go, beyond the kylo murder idk what anyone was disappointed by.

Everything else in the movie. Also it was waaay too long for a Star Wars movie, all of which have previously clocked in at pretty close to 2 hours, so it was extremely loving noticeable that the thing just didn't loving end.

Gutcruncher posted:

Actually yodas speech and death sucked, along with about half of rotj

Yeah. RotJ is the kind of movie which is pretty close to a mess but manages to scrape by because of the strength of the first two movies and because it has enough things in it which work, some of which work very well (space battle, Luke, Vader and Emperor in the throne room). The Yoda and Obi-Wan stuff in Jedi is honestly kind of terrible.

Last Jedi is kind of comparable actually, except it actually is a mess and though it has stuff in it that works, the movie as a whole kind of falls apart because there's too much crap weighing it down and making it a mess.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 25, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
who are the knights of ren and was was a snoke

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The first part of ROTJ is pretty cool. Should’ve ended the movie and the credits should’ve ran once they left Tatooine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Chomp8645 posted:

"I will NOT be the last Jedi!"

- Luke Skywalker, last of the Jedi

"What are you gonna do, stab me with that laser sword?"

Man stabbed with a laser sword; also known as Ben