Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Beet Wagon posted:

brb, reinstalling haha just kidding unlike you rubes I never uninstalled because Titanfall 2 is good

I only did for space reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

drrockso20 posted:

I only did for space reasons

That's what the IMC said.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's hosed.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Captain Beans posted:

Things every single future shooter should steal from TF2:

- start every match with a dropship/helicopter insertion, play some bad rear end music, have a little pep talk guy and then start the match

- concessions for a smaller player count to enable AI troops is absolutely the way to go. TF2 only has 12 players in a match, but the AI troopers landing all over the map make the battlefield feel more “full” than some conquest matches in Battlefield conquest matches. The AI also makes players feel more badass because even poo poo players can beat up the AI.

Time to reinstall tittyfall 2

Losing team running to an escape vehicle is also very good and should be in more things.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Beet Wagon posted:

brb, reinstalling haha just kidding unlike you rubes I never uninstalled because Titanfall 2 is good

It's the only game that's not been deleted and reinstalled at some point on my PS4.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
When you get thrown it is extremely sick

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Schneider Inside Her posted:

When you get thrown it is extremely sick

Trust me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

dat's what i call a vertical slice

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Time to hit the campaign again

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

gently caress I want a TF3 so bad... :ohdear:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

gently caress I want a TF3 so bad... :ohdear:
Yeah, I really didn't stick with AL the way I did TF2.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's the only game that's not been deleted and reinstalled at some point on my PS4.

:hmmyes:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

dat's what i call a vertical slice

I call it BT-"Tom Brady"-7274

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Time to hit the campaign again

I did it on PC a few months ago. It's still on my top 10 FPS single player campaigns.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I could just replay the last hour or so over and over. Being tossed place to place by BT, loving owns

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I think I might have to play the SP again.

But I suspect that I will reflexively launch MP.

And that it will still be the best MP FPS game ever.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Being tossed place to place by BT, loving owns

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I call it BT-"Tom Brady"-7274

:ssh:

but also "The Beacon" was Respawn's vertical slice for TF2

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

:ssh:

but also "The Beacon" was Respawn's vertical slice for TF2

Was that the map where you fight schwarzenegger at the top?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Just to jump on the :bandwagon: TF2 has some of the best and most innovative level design in a AAA FPS from the last twenty years. It's a shame EA didn't peel off a bigger marketing budget to give it the exposure it deserved...

Off the top-of-my-head:
-The opening intro
-Getting tossed by BT
-Time-travel parkour
-Mega-factory level with the final reveal of what is being assembled
-When they brought back the smart pistol for the end game

:sun:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Yea the level design for TF2 was off the chain. Not only are the maps great in general, but they so smoothly incorporate the wall running in interesting ways.

Pretty amazing really that Respawn heard the feedback from TF1 “needs a single player” and turned around and whipped out such a good one.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Just to jump on the :bandwagon: TF2 has some of the best and most innovative level design in a AAA FPS from the last twenty years. It's a shame EA didn't peel off a bigger marketing budget to give it the exposure it deserved...

Off the top-of-my-head:
-The opening intro
-Getting tossed by BT
-Time-travel parkour
-Mega-factory level with the final reveal of what is being assembled
-When they brought back the smart pistol for the end game

:sun:

It's short and sweet, but don't forget the level where you're jumping from ship to ship with a squad of other Pilots, ultimately facing off with that Top Gun dude in the flying Northstar.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mordja posted:

It's short and sweet, but don't forget the level where you're jumping from ship to ship with a squad of other Pilots, ultimately facing off with that Top Gun dude in the flying Northstar.

Best level imo

that part where you see the dudes on the other side of the bullet proof glass and everyone takes their mark before blowing the glass :black101:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Captain Beans posted:

Pretty amazing really that Respawn heard the feedback from TF1 “needs a single player” and turned around and whipped out such a good one.

Then they said "gently caress that" and churned out a dull battle royale... :suicide:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Honestly the only real issue I had with Apex Legends is that for the most part the actual gunplay is just plain horrid, not only in comparison with Titanfall, but with basically every other Battle Royale game I've tried so far

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly the only real issue I had with Apex Legends is that for the most part the actual gunplay is just plain horrid, not only in comparison with Titanfall, but with basically every other Battle Royale game I've tried so far

Uhhhhh the gunplay is actually insanely good. Like you're comparing it to PUBG? What?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRB2AaXQYRA

:saddowns:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Uhhhhh the gunplay is actually insanely good. Like you're comparing it to PUBG? What?

It just felt impossible to land shots with any consistency, even at point blank range, and even when you did you often did garbage damage even with the guns that were supposed to be strong

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

:laffo:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drrockso20 posted:

I agree. despite the Titanfall DNA, Apex has the most unenjoyable BR gameplay I've ever played. I absolutely hate it. It's baffling to me that they used one of my favorite games to make a BR game and it's my least favorite one by a country mile. I keep trying to give it another chance and I'm like "nope, I still loathe this"

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
For the last two weeks I've seen a massive amount of level 1-20 players just dominating Attrition (25/5 kills at least). One or two were clearly using aimbots, but most just seem to be unnervingly good. What gives? Are they all just Apex veterans starting to play TF2? Do those skills carry over? Or was some new hack published?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jim DiGriz posted:

For the last two weeks I've seen a massive amount of level 1-20 players just dominating Attrition (25/5 kills at least). One or two were clearly using aimbots, but most just seem to be unnervingly good. What gives? Are they all just Apex veterans starting to play TF2? Do those skills carry over? Or was some new hack published?

Purely anecdotally, but I think Apex is experiencing a drop-off.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
No idea about hacks but the shooting/gameplay between titanfall and apex isn’t comparable so the skill wouldn’t carry over. I do know the game had a resurgence over the last month due to a fan hyped “back to titanfall day” and the game’s anniversary

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Purely anecdotally, but I think Apex is experiencing a drop-off.

I don’t have hard numbers but season 2 and 3 of apex seem more popular than the 1st one.

This recent article claims 70 million players: https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/10/30/apex-legends-ps4-xbox-one-pc-players-2020/

EA seems to be focusing more resources on it as well.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
I've tried AL, but not enough to compare the shooting itself. To be absolutely fair, I also aim like poo poo, so maybe that's why those guys seem so superhuman for me.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Apex and Titanfall have extremely similar gunplay but in Apex you can't sweep through a map at extreme speed slaughtering everybody

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also the TTK in Apex is like, quadruple TF2's which totally changes it's feel. Not to mention a dozen other things that change the feel completely even though you can feel it's based on TF2.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

https://i.imgur.com/798RYc5.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Daztek posted:

Bring back pre-nerf Devotion :saddowns:

Well hey little buddy let me just tell you about a game called Apex Legends where the Devotion still owns bones :getin: