Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Mondo Gatto posted:

It's all on one timeline, try and prove me wrong :colbert:

That outcome was so believable that I thought it was a real update at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Oh mannn having both arcs posted at once is going to fry my brain and I legit will struggle to figure out what is happening.

This was fun while it lasted I guess

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

As long as working neet timeline doesn't skip forward ten years* it should be easy to differentiate which neet we're looking at

*or if he looks different ten years on

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solefald posted:

Oh mannn having both arcs posted at once is going to fry my brain and I legit will struggle to figure out what is happening.

This was fun while it lasted I guess

use the ? button on my posts.

but, if people *really* hate this, i'll stop doing part-timer for the good of the fans.

e: i could also do, like... weekly (long) updates of PT while doing ex-con daily. i'll do whatever works best for y'all. believe me im fine w doing less work lol

e2: i admit, most of the reason i wanted to start part-timer is that i've barely read any of it (so its new and exciting) and i was feeling burnt-out on the criminal arc.

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 24, 2019

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Why do you think your feelings matter more than ours? I want to see the rest of the criminal arc!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Mr. Steak posted:

use the ? button on my posts.

but, if people *really* hate this, i'll stop doing part-timer for the good of the fans.

e: i could also do, like... weekly (long) updates of PT while doing ex-con daily. i'll do whatever works best for y'all. believe me im fine w doing less work lol

e2: i admit, most of the reason i wanted to start part-timer is that i've barely read any of it (so its new and exciting) and i was feeling burnt-out on the criminal arc.

:justpost:

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Keep doing what you're doing, OP. As long as what you're doing is posting more NEET.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Don't stop posting part time NEET and ex-con NEET. Ever.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Who cares if some softbrain can't figure out which post is what :justpost:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

:justpost:

Do it.

DO IT.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:v: your wish is my command :v:

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Hot Stunt posted:

Don't stop posting part time NEET and ex-con NEET. Ever.

pnumoman posted:

Who cares if some softbrain can't figure out which post is what :justpost:

Daily Life of a
Oct 20, 2019

SURPRISE!!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
NEET really needs to learn to listen to the narration box.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

young jobseeker neet is disturbingly relateable

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
Having both posted is going to fry my brain, but I welcome it with open arms. Fried brains are a delicacy in some parts of the world.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Old neets hardships made me forget how much of a waste he was in his youth

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kazak posted:

Old neets hardships made me forget how much of a waste he was in his youth

Some people are terrible because they have never known hardship and are spoiled rotten.

Then again, not everyone who suffers learns the right lessons. I suppose NEET had some good in him that just needed the right conditions to bring it out.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Mr. Lobe posted:

I suppose NEET had some good in him that just needed the right conditions to bring it out.

Right conditions = gay baby jail

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Yeah they will totally hire someone who spent 10 years in gay baby jail for a security position.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Lol, I guess $10.62/hr is "good" compared to what he was making in the clink

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Hot Stunt posted:

Yeah they will totally hire someone who spent 10 years in gay baby jail for a security position.

They know he’s capable of murdering people, so that’s got to be a plus, right?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Some people are terrible because they have never known hardship and are spoiled rotten.

Then again, not everyone who suffers learns the right lessons. I suppose NEET had some good in him that just needed the right conditions to bring it out.

No pain no gain.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hot Stunt posted:

No idea how things are done in Japan, but in the US this is totally believable.

Here at least, most security guards are glorified lot attendants. They don't have the power to arrest, they don't carry weapons, and they aren't expected to physically confront anyone. They basically act as a deterrent by just providing a visible person in uniform. If trouble does start, the guard mantra is "observe and report" i.e. "call the police, do nothing else unless there is a serious physical danger". And since security guards are typically poorly paid and working bad hours, and don't require any special skills or training, they are actually well suited for felons and other "low desirability" candidates with little or no work experience. And they have lots of turnover so there is always a need for fresh blood. Now obviously there exist guard jobs that are armed, have significant responsibilities, require special training, etc. But the average security position is just some "we need a body" bullshit that there isn't a need to prevent felons from working.

Like I said, couldn't be totally different in Japan. But here it checks out.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Helios Grime posted:

Right conditions = gay baby jail

Hard to argue with the results!

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Maybe our boy can eventually work his way up to joining the geisatsu (TL note: geisatsu means gay baby cops)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I wonder what kind of phone Tohru's going to get. Will he save money on a cheap flip phone or will he be dazzled by what 10 years have done for phone technology?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Devils Affricate posted:

I wonder what kind of phone Tohru's going to get. Will he save money on a cheap flip phone or will he be dazzled by what 10 years have done for phone technology?

Flip phones are actually still pretty common in Japan.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Resting Lich Face posted:

Flip phones are actually still pretty common in Japan.

Of course they are.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
so does he have his persona yet or what?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fyi i am aware i owe y'all several extra updates, because im supposed to do 2 per day now

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
I'm okay with only our ex con being posted every day and the ernest young neet just in little dumps on occasion fwiw

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Sprue posted:

I'm okay with only our ex con being posted every day and the ernest young neet just in little dumps on occasion fwiw

Yeah well I’m not. Every arc multiple times every day.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Why wouldn’t he just give them the home phone number? If faxes are still a thing then there must be landlines

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

best bale posted:

Why wouldn’t he just give them the home phone number? If faxes are still a thing then there must be landlines

what home?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Mr. Steak posted:

what home?

:oh:

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:doh: got my timelines mixed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Watching young NEET and old NEET job hunting at the same time is an interesting contrast. Props OP, this was the perfect moment to shake things up with the other timeline