Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

All the Ace Attorney themes are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The Dreamcast one is a phenomenal shot of nostalgia for anyone who grew up with one

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Annath posted:

The Dreamcast theme is the only correct answer.

This and the Snake Eater theme.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

Monster Hunter isn’t very fun.

Could have stopped there.

World is better, in that it added a lot of QoL features but most of those were things that had been standard in games for a decade+. It’s often obtuse for the sake of being obtuse but it delights in wasting player’s time.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You can not like the game, its okay

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I still like classic MH, just not single player. World is good but it doesn’t invalidate the other games like I hear so many people say.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Yeah, for example World doesn't let you play as a cat. :catbert:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

world doesnt have nibelsnarf

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
It seems like MH opinions are pretty divided. I think I'll just skip it and maybe focus on getting Kirby Robobot next. Triple Deluxe is really fun.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Robobot will make you wonder how they could top Triple Deluxe so completely and utterly.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Annath posted:

The Splatoon themes are the only correct answer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ryuga Death posted:

It seems like MH opinions are pretty divided. I think I'll just skip it and maybe focus on getting Kirby Robobot next. Triple Deluxe is really fun.

Triple Deluxe owns but Robobot is up there with the best Kirby games. Good choice.

So are any 3DS games scheduled to come out still? Physical or not.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

Triple Deluxe owns but Robobot is up there with the best Kirby games. Good choice.

So are any 3DS games scheduled to come out still? Physical or not.

I don’t think there’s been anything since May.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Funnily enough, I think Mighty No. 9 is still on the coming soon list.

edit: Oh that reminds me, I was able to get a copy of Mario and Luigi Partners in Time from ebay! I'm excited to have the entire series soon.

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 26, 2019

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

Funnily enough, I think Mighty No. 9 is still on the coming soon list.

edit: Oh that reminds me, I was able to get a copy of Mario and Luigi Partners in Time from ebay! I'm excited to have the entire series soon.

pretty sure Mighty No. 9 on 3DS is not going to happen

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Breadallelogram posted:

pretty sure Mighty No. 9 on 3DS is not going to happen

That would be amazing if it did though!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

BisterdDave posted:

That would be amazing if it did though!

I thought MN9 ended up being kind of a wet fart? Or at least that's what I recall being the vibe from around when it launched.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It was decided MN9 would never be good before release by gamers. A woman was running the backer forums during peak Gamergate which brought along all that bullshit with it, then people thinking they were getting an animated 2D game got a 2.5D game with 3D models which pissed off more people.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It also turned out to not be a very good game.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Wasn’t it straight up missing features and all that?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The game felt like X7 with its dull level design, messy art style, and terrible voice acting with a terrible script. It controlled well though

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wasn’t it straight up missing features and all that?

The main game system ended up working a lot differently to the one they pitched but I wouldn't call that a missing feature, exactly.

The game had pretty much everything they said it would and it really shouldn't have - they delayed it for over a year to fix the online multiplayer modes, for instance, and I've never heard from anyone who was ever able to find a single other person playing online, even when it was new. They way overpromised in terms of features, modes, platforms etc and it ate up a ton of their budget that could and should have gone to other things.

The big things they didn't deliver on were the 3DS and Vita ports, which were never realistically going to happen but they promised them and never made any excuses for why they didn't come out, and some of the physical backer goods were way behind schedule but nobody really wanted any of that stuff after the game came out anyway.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
MN9 was kind of the poster child for (or at least, one of the most immediately-visible examples of) the whole "more money = more stretch goals" fallacy that so many projects fell prey to when they get unexpectedly massively overfunded vs. their target goal. It wasn't the only problem by a country mile, obviously, but it certainly didn't help.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Dehry posted:

It was decided MN9 would never be good before release by gamers. A woman was running the backer forums during peak Gamergate which brought along all that bullshit with it, then people thinking they were getting an animated 2D game got a 2.5D game with 3D models which pissed off more people.

Actually the game just sucks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fawf posted:

it turns out the 3ds thread is just full of ruinous gamers
-m night shyamalan

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fawf posted:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

But Shovel Knight King Of Cards will surely come out on 3DS!!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Annath posted:

I thought MN9 ended up being kind of a wet fart? Or at least that's what I recall being the vibe from around when it launched.

It would be amazing to see that wet fart still get a physical release in 2019 (or 2020) on a system that Nintendo has pretty much declared dead, that's what I meant. It would be funny if MN9 was the final physical 3DS release ever made.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

But Shovel Knight King Of Cards will surely come out on 3DS!!
It better! That's what I played the first three on and I'm not switching now.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Late to theme chat, but the Genesis one is the next best after the Dreamcast because it plays the Sega CD bios music in the background.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Turbinosamente posted:

Late to theme chat, but the Genesis one is the next best after the Dreamcast because it plays the Sega CD bios music in the background.

I really wish there was a handheld that was just a Dreamcast in the 3DS form factor now.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the weird gamergate idiot poo poo around mighty number 9 did happen but it's not the reason nobody likes the game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It better! That's what I played the first three on and I'm not switching now.

It’s the main platform for the game imo

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really wish there was a handheld that was just a Dreamcast in the 3DS form factor now.

:emptyquote:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why the heck did Nintendo stop you buying stuff with a card on 3DS a couple of months ago?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Something about a change in EU or Japanese law.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

They didn't want to update their old-rear end firmware to comply with the new EU laws concerning online purchase verification. So they just disabled it.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Any maddening hard games for the 3DS? I loved the Bit Trip games way back, so Im thinking along Super Meat Boy, side scroller types. I'm also a sucker for anything involving collecting (as an added bonus).

Thank you in advance

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
DKC Returns, I guess? Most of the sidescrollers on 3DS are pretty easy, there aren't many that are even trying to be super tough and I can't think of anything at all in that modern Meat Boy style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Is there any sort of Streetpass/Spotpass cheatery I can do to get some extra Miis for my plaza games? With the Switch out, the times I see that little green light are looooooooooow.