Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I needed to refresh my memory on calvinism. Thanks google:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

LifeSunDeath posted:

General Bullshit > OSHA: FUCKLE UP, BUTTERCUP

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

I needed to refresh my memory on calvinism. Thanks google:

be careful, reformed meme groups are weeeeird

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Sininu posted:

All the forklift drivers I have seen drive them around super fast like F1 cars and that spooks me.

That's not the scary part, the scary part is the poo poo they do when they're carrying a 500-kilo load.

None of the forklift drivers in our warehouse ever, you know, secure the area when they're lifting those twenty feet in the air, like they're meant to. So there's plenty of potential for some passer-by being crushed if they gently caress up the load or something drops off the side of the pallet as they're moving it off the rack.

For three years now we've also had a forklift operator who doesn't have a loving license and our workplace safety rep doesn't give a poo poo.

This is my second year anonymously tipping off our local OSHA-equivalent, let's see if it gets us a surprise inspection this time.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/IGPgagp.mp4

people are guessing some weak shoring let go

starkebn
May 18, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/cFILMfv.mp4

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

starkebn posted:

Another foot to the left and that road plate would have taken that guys leg off at the knee.

It's nuts what people survive through random chance.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

starkebn posted:

https://i.imgur.com/IGPgagp.mp4

Just to preempt the discussion, the guy in the front is the same one standing up and running away. The camera shifted left.
He didn't get crushed, as some believe.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Good Idea Fairy told this guy he should build a walpini so he could grow some bananas.

Fellow banana enthusiasts pointed out the lack of shoring and OP said he took it to heart, but then he stopped posting, anywhere on the forum… :iiam:

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 26, 2019

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Should grow some kiwi's in there, and put a zipline across the top.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i'm just happy there's still room for something like a banana liker forum on the internet in 2019

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Is there context to this near mass decapitation incident?

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Re: Forklift chat.

My company does service work at a massive automotive manufacturing plant. The first time I walked through the facility with my superintendent, I noticed that there were a fuckton of forklifts zooming by in every direction, and while they honked horns at intersections, they only sortof slowed down before zipping along. I told him that it seemed like the biggest hazard for our guys was all of the plant forklifts. He agreed. Apparently, as part of the car company building the plant, they were required to hire whatever random locals who applied and could pass a drug test, whether they had the skills, training, or certification was negligible. They would go from working at convenience stores one day to running big rear end forklifts the next with very little classroom or OTJ training. Surprise surprise, they run in to poo poo constantly. Any other plant/project I've worked at, if a forklift/lull driver hits something due to negligence, they're done. At this place, its a 3 strikes rule because it happens so loving much. No wonder they're 500 vehicles behind on production.

By the way, one of my projects is a block away from the famous 11'8. I drove under it the day before it closed earlier this week. I tried not to get emotional.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's me, I'm the guy who was tossed into a forklift with no experience or training. Fortunately I was usually the only person in the facility.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

iroc.dis posted:

My company does service work at a massive automotive manufacturing plant. The first time I walked through the facility with my superintendent, I noticed that there were a fuckton of forklifts zooming by in every direction, and while they honked horns at intersections, they only sortof slowed down before zipping along. I told him that it seemed like the biggest hazard for our guys was all of the plant forklifts. He agreed. Apparently, as part of the car company building the plant, they were required to hire whatever random locals who applied and could pass a drug test, whether they had the skills, training, or certification was negligible. They would go from working at convenience stores one day to running big rear end forklifts the next with very little classroom or OTJ training. Surprise surprise, they run in to poo poo constantly. Any other plant/project I've worked at, if a forklift/lull driver hits something due to negligence, they're done. At this place, its a 3 strikes rule because it happens so loving much. No wonder they're 500 vehicles behind on production.

By the way, one of my projects is a block away from the famous 11'8. I drove under it the day before it closed earlier this week. I tried not to get emotional.

Did you rip off your coveralls to reveal this shirt underneath:

And everyone in the factory clapped?

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

I want you to know I’ve been laughing for a solid five minutes and had to explain the last page or so of this thread to my wife just to set the stage for this one line of nonsense. I want the shirt so bad.

I have it and it's legitimately great. I've had tons of people stop me on the street and want to talk/take pictures of it though so YMMV if that's not your thing. I live near a metric fuckton of Presbyterians too, so there are a lot of opportunities for people to "get" it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/HQGzDEv.mp4

Sound not required but adds a lot to it.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Now that's what I call fuckling.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Valt posted:

Okay first and maybe most obvious question. Why the hell does the driver have a sawzall?!?!?

work truck, not freight.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://i.imgur.com/HQGzDEv.mp4

Sound not required but adds a lot to it.

this is how self-driving trucks will have to unload at Amazon's automated warehouses

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I've joked about unloading my van like that, so i'm glad to see someone out there living the dream.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I applaud the crazy man inside for perfectly compensating for both the torque and the idiots on the skid.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

Did you rip off your coveralls to reveal this shirt underneath:

And everyone in the factory clapped?

That one is...actually pretty loving good.

E: da forklift z0ne

Korthal
May 26, 2011

quote:

MOORESVILLE, Ind. (WISH) – A man died in an accident at a food processing plant in Mooresville on Tuesday morning.

Sean Merrell, 22, of Mooresville, was identified as the victim in an autopsy, Morgan County Coroner Annette Butcher said Friday night.

According to the Mooresville Police Department, crews responded to an industrial accident with major injuries about 6:45 a.m. Tuesday at the PacMoore Process Technologies plant. That’s at State Road 67 and Old State Road 67 North.

The coroner said Merrell died of blunt force trauma to his head, chest and abdomen after getting trapped in a machine he was cleaned. The machine began re-energizing before Merrell exited it, the coroner said.

Butcher called the accident “tragic” and offered prayers to his family and the PacMoore employees.

Butcher said she delayed the identification of Merrell to give the family and business “more time.”

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I want one thats all

--- I'm a BIKE Mechanic ---

I like to fix bicycles and sell them to people

And I hope you have a NICE DAY and RIDE SAFE

And cover it with skeletons riding bicycles

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Powershift posted:

Everybody's a
TRUCKFUCKLER
until it's time to
FUCKLE TRUCKS

thread can we make this into a shirt

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

EvilJoven posted:

I want one thats all

--- I'm a BIKE Mechanic ---

I like to fix bicycles and sell them to people

And I hope you have a NICE DAY and RIDE SAFE

And cover it with skeletons riding bicycles

be careful not to reveal your secret identity to the rest of the supermen on the bus

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I'm using a knife made in japan from fungi as the barest excuse for posting the newest kiwami video -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZJ7nSdIbwk hell yeah

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

iroc.dis posted:

I’m establishing my own certification company and forklifts are one of the first ones being put out. A lot of “certification” only requires a short online class, so we’re aiming to actually have a difficult written and practical exam to prove that anyone with our cert really knows what they’re doing.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

EvilJoven posted:

... And cover it with skeletons riding bicycles

Death and bikes. The two great tastes that t--- (fuckled off road into ditch by truckle)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Share the road, trucklefuck :mad:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1188191155969675264?s=21

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

shame on an IGA posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who was tossed into a forklift with no experience or training. Fortunately I was usually the only person in the facility.

That's basically how my warehouse works. It's a little stricter now (you usually have to work for us for at least a month or two before they'll put you on a lift), but it used to be "can you drive a car? Here's a lift." Or, in my case, "Wait, you're too young to have a license? Eh, you can learn how to handle a forklift first."

It only changed when one of our upper management was giving a tour to some potential customers, almost got run over by a guy not looking, and then found out he didn't have his forklift safety cert. A very large shitfit was had. And yet, nobody got fired, and two years later we're back to barely caring.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/b1Cmodz.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
That's a nice slow truckfuckling right there

I feel like that's a case where they literally could do the apocryphal "let the air out of the tires to squeeze under" thing

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

chitoryu12 posted:

I’m establishing my own certification company and forklifts are one of the first ones being put out. A lot of “certification” only requires a short online class, so we’re aiming to actually have a difficult written and practical exam to prove that anyone with our cert really knows what they’re doing.

Thats all well and good there that you want to turn out competent operators, but how in the name of gently caress does that help the ECONOMY?
How can people get jobs if there are actual standards that they have to meet in order to operate something that can seriously gently caress poo poo up if mishandled?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shaving just enough off the top every time.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Gotta make sure it's really wedged in there. Are DHL delivery drivers paid by the hour or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Guy is all "what the gently caress, I fit just fine last week when I delivered that load of bricks".