Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Omobono posted:

Thanks.
I'm going on a limb and say that if Sothis' power is called out as divine intervention in its name (bonus points for the heaven/time double reading) then this reveal wasn't really meant to be a surprise for us players.

Well Divine Pulse was what the mechanic was called in the last game so it could be seen as trying to keep mechanic names consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Was it? I thought it was just Mila's Turnwheel.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alxprit posted:

Was it? I thought it was just Mila's Turnwheel.

I just checked and you are right. I really need to double check stuff before I try to sound so authoritative.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

CmdrKing posted:

Speaking of, this seems like where you'd put the Sothis paralogue in a game that wasn't built around a calendar system. 'Well that's... strange. We should figure this out.' But of course, since the paralogue CAN take place before this map, you can't necessarily answer anything substantive in it.

Honestly they just messed it up in general. They COULD'VE just time-delayed the paralogue so it's not available until after this scene. Then they could've actually had more story relevance in it.... Just swap it with one of the student's paralogues who is set to be available after this point but isn't important for it to be.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
So, I'm holding a vote before I've published the next update, because I'm ultra curious to see how it goes down.

We have a choice of who we'll see in a particular scene during the upcoming major event of the month. Our choices are limited to students we can attain S ranks with way later in the game. I'll quote my description from the update:

quote:

This is a way to choose who you see at the Goddess Tower scene during the ball later this month. This scene has absolutely no effects down the road, gameplay or otherwise. It is solely a chance to see what amounts to an extra support scene with a specific setting and context with your favorite character in the list of characters you can S rank.

Yes, I know, you might be suspect about this scene given that the list of people we can see is limited to who we can S rank, but rest assured, none of the scenes are romantic. A few of them might allude to it—Dorothea, in particular—but none are actually romantic.

So! Armed with all that knowledge, and your own preferential feelings, vote for who we'll see at the Goddess Tower. One vote per person.

(You could choose to vote for just letting the game decide, but in all likelihood, it'll be Edelgard in that case.)

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Mercedes for the Goddess Tower!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I concur. Mercedes.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The whims of fate

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Mercedes is a good option.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I’m a Dorothea kinda guy.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

mod in the gate keeper

Or drag Felix to the mushy romantic hangout and watch him squirm if you're a coward, I guess.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

So tempted to ask for Caspar just for lulz, but I'm not that mean. Let fate decide. (So basically Edelgard, yeah.)

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Edit: Changed to Edelgard.

Shinji117 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 28, 2019

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.
I'm also voting for Mercedes.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I doubt that Caspar will get anywhere near enough votes, so instead I'll back someone that might actually get it. Dorothea

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Tearing Through Heaven is a very good new map theme.

Also there's a typo at one point where it says "This villager has two roturns until he gets attacked by the rampaging villager, which is useful."

Chocolate Bunny posted:

This map isn't all that hard but if you didn't train a flier saving all the villagers would be a real pain. Actually I'm not sure it would be possible, unless you kept healing them with Physic users and rushed the boss.
My first playthrough I actually had no fliers on my team all game and I don't recall having any issues saving them all. I killed the Death Knight too. :shrug:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ferdinand!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Edelgard.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Caspar because something tells me it will be hilarious.

No, I have not seen the scene with him. I just think it'll be really funny.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Current results:

quote:

Mercedes: 7
Dorothea: 5
Edelgard: 3
Game: 3
Ferdinand: 2
Caspar: 1
Linhardt: 1
Felix: 1

I'm gonna leave this open until we vote on the group for the end-of-month map, which'll probably be a few updates from now—yep, we're doing two paralogues in addition to this upcoming exploration.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Dorothea

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Can never say no to my boy Caspar

I am a stick
Jan 13, 2019
Lettuce leave it to chance.

Mmm, lettuce...

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Wouldn't be Black Eagles if we weren't going with Edelgard

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
Dorothea

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I dunno about any Tower stuff but I came here to say that Tearing Through Heaven sounds like an unused boss theme from Sonic Unleashed.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Let's say Mercedes.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Dorothea, because I think Mercedes is one of the dullest characters in here.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Brunom1 posted:

Dorothea, because I think Mercedes is one of the dullest characters in here.

I dunno, I think there's something to be said for shacking up with one of the most psychologically stable people in a cast this eccentric. :v:

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Mercedes, because while I happen to think Dorothea's scene is rather sweet, I haven't seen Mercedes' yet. Petra's is also nice, but you can't see that as Abby.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dorothea

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I say Edelgard because we're not going to get another opportunity to see that one, and I'm sort of curious.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Random.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Updated results:

quote:

Dorothea: 10
Mercedes: 9
Edelgard: 5
Game: 5
Caspar: 4
Ferdinand: 2
Linhardt: 1
Felix: 1

The next update might be coming on Wednesday. If it isn't, then it'll be coming next week. I'll be out of town visiting my boyfriend and several friends until Monday.

Hylianbunny
Dec 31, 2007

TG: oh ok time travels involved
TG: thats all you needed to say everythings cool and under control then

Mercedes.

I've finished two runs at this point, forgotten to pick out someone each run, and ended up with Dorothea both times.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 20.
(SSLP Test Poster version.)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
When it comes to Hubert and Petra, the scenes reads to me like they both know she was a political hostage and Hubert is proud she rose above being merely that. Hubert is a straight shooter, just says it like he sees it.

Also: Yay update!

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
It’s interesting to go back to Petra/Edelgard C after seeing Hubert’s very blunt assessment of the situation. It seems clear that, while Petra does see opportunity in her current situation, Hubert’s not *wrong* either. And in that light, Edelgard’s comments take on a sense that she’s hoping Petra can become an equal and ally rather than a vassal, and Petra took her as such.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

When it comes to Hubert and Petra, the scenes reads to me like they both know she was a political hostage and Hubert is proud she rose above being merely that. Hubert is a straight shooter, just says it like he sees it.

Also: Yay update!

:agreed: (on both lines); Hubert would need one or two dozens courses on basic tact goddammit dude wtf but I think he was trying to compliment Petra on turning the lemons into lemonade. In general the kids seem aware that Petra is an hostage and all utterly dislike despise the fact.

I'll say some of my thoughts about Caspar/Petra: Caspar's dad clearly got a really good reward from the whole Brigid campaign and killing Petra's dad - and as his son Caspar enjoyed some of that reward. Thus he feels massively guilty around Petra, because while he may not have been the one swinging the blade his life still improved because of hers and Brigid's suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
So, not an effort post but a little background. Hostages like that were a thing in Western Europe and I believe in Japan as well. They weren’t kidnapped; it was a diplomatic arrangement, sometimes with people being traded both ways, typically as part of a treaty. They weren’t kept locked in a closet because they would be nobles and nobles didn’t do that to other nobles. They were raised with the other noble children, except they were a permanent reminder to their parents not to step out of line or their daughter gets executed.
Of course the kid got no say in the matter and was literally being used as a bargaining chip, but it wasn’t considered shameful or traumatic because nobles did that all the drat time.