Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Establishing it so it's in the audience's mind is a good idea.

Didn't WWE do thing where Cena and Shawn Michaels had a match at the top of the hour and they just never got to the main event because Cena and Michaels went super long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MJeff posted:

Establishing it so it's in the audience's mind is a good idea.

Didn't WWE do thing where Cena and Shawn Michaels had a match at the top of the hour and they just never got to the main event because Cena and Michaels went super long?

yeah they did a really crappy 60 minute match that ran out the last hour of RAW for some reason.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

coconono posted:

yeah they did a really crappy 60 minute match that ran out the last hour of RAW for some reason.

iirc Orton got himself in dutch and hosed up the show, so they just had Cena and HBK go long

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I think it'd be cool if a match got near the time limit and the guys just started throwing hands to KO each other, kinda like some MMA fights go when the 10 second clapper hits

this would pop a crowd into the stratosphere

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The match right before Shawn vs Cena's hour was Khali vs Carlito. They should have gone broadway instead.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

PaybackJack posted:

Or turn one guy into a megaheel by having him get a takedown and then just lay there for the last 30 seconds not doing anything while the ref tells him to work.

MJF giving someone the jon fitch experience would indeed own

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

coconono posted:

You mean a really good match, and then they did Orton and Edge first thing on Raw next Monday that was also great.

Man 2007 WWE after HHH tore his quad again and before Shawn got hurt was really good. And I never want to go back because that means Trump would be on my TV.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I'm not sure John Cena and Shawn Michaels know HOW to have a bad match.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
If I remember correctly, there were a few months back then when RAW had a rematch from the night before's PPV and the RAW matches were better than the PPV matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It stunk! I remember it! They did all their moves then did them again. People were leaving to get drinks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

It stunk! I remember it! They did all their moves then did them again. People were leaving to get drinks.

...it was a 70 minute match. I imagine people went to get another beer during Omega/Okada IV too.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Really disappointed by the language used by Bryan on WOL, hoped we were past that kinda language in 2019.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

...it was a 70 minute match. I imagine people went to get another beer during Omega/Okada IV too.
Not in the section I was sitting in

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Incessant Excess posted:

Really disappointed by the language used by Bryan on WOL, hoped we were past that kinda language in 2019.

What did he say

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*blocks the oop attempt*

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
He targeted gamers!!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Did he talk about the insane WWE 2K20 glitches on WOL? Because if so I might have to listen to that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not beyond the game generally being a mess and then people texting him about Yukes getting dropped from development.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

drat where’s gamergate guy when we need him?

“fools”

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Sramaker forever lives on in all our hearts

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Dave is never gonna live down the weights talking to him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CascadeBeta posted:

Someone needs to option The Telltale Dumbbell for a short film.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

CascadeBeta posted:

Is that as good or better than the mystery of the Beatles poster?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CascadeBeta posted:

You don't live down a cool and relatable story, you grow with it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MassRafTer posted:

You don't live down a cool and relatable story, you grow with it.
Quite literally in this case.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/roheblius/status/1187957600760942599

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

No Mrs. Dave?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Extremely irritated that we don't have Lance Storm reviewing AEW Dynamite every week

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Extremely irritated that we don't have Lance Storm reviewing AEW Dynamite every week

did we ever find out what his other project was?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped an episode about my adventures at KOPW in Japan along with covering AEW TV, and NWA Powerrrrrrrrr. You have to roll the r's. There was a lot of good poo poo that had gone on, we had a tough time choosing a Such Good poo poo award.

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-14-aew-tv-njpw-kopw-and-more/

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6OXHWWQ36Cv9iuzaLALv7o?si=nQ8g4K56Tzmd4w6yPBmvMw

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

did we ever find out what his other project was?
Yeah, I'm still waiting for this announcement. Jericho's one of his best friends, but he's also tight with D'amore and Callis and WWE still views him as one of the best trainers in the biz, so it could be absolutely anything.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dave takes “not knowing what to do with his hands” to exciting new levels in each picture of him

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Dave takes “not knowing what to do with his hands” to exciting new levels in each picture of him

just give him some dumbbells to hold, that'll make him more comfortable

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Daaaaaaaave

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dave got haunted weights in time for Halloween

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

blast0rama posted:

No Mrs. Dave?

More evidence for the ‘he’s secretly divorced’ conspiracy

Also, Garrett out kicked his coverage

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mkay0 posted:

More evidence for the ‘he’s secretly divorced’ conspiracy

Also, Garrett out kicked his coverage

Plus he’s also going to the movies with his kids all the time on weekends which is a very divorced dad thing to do.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i could have sworn i remember dave talking about his wife cleaning his office and rearranging things around the time he had his bike accident

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hopefully next time he marries an editor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave said recently that he'd stopped working out and his wife reamed him out because when they married she had very specific expectations for Swole Dave being an ongoing thing and she wasn't giving up on it :allears: