Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

The payouts to the Defendants side is gonna be after the appeal either way and Texas doesn't really require a deposit unfortunately.

Basically worst case for Vic this gets dismissed final hearing in November then Beard refiles it everybody's time is wasted appeal starts again

Wark Say posted:

Here's what I don't get: If what I'm getting from all these posts you guys are putting forth is that Mignogna's legal team basically made a pointless effort, what exactly are they getting out of this by jumping the gun? Isn't the judge more likely to pile some further fines for poo poo like this? Or is it going to be a different judge?
Lawtwitter is positing that he filed it early so he couldn't miss the deadline basically. Appeals usually have a pretty strict timetable for how long they can be filed and Beard is super incompetent.
Its also possible he is so incompetent he doesn't know how appeals work and that he didn't know he couldn't do that :shrug:

The appeal is handled by a different court entirely and its possible Chupp might slap extra sanctions but its unlikely.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the quick clear-up! :)

Jesus, these guys are both scumbag grifters and incredibly stupid at lawyering then; and yet, nowhere near as stupid as the spiteful shits ponying up moolah on their GFM.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I know the onus is on the client to file a bar complaint but could someone else do it

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I know the onus is on the client to file a bar complaint but could someone else do it

Greg for sure is and another lawyer from twitter either already has or is planning on filing one.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Hub Cat posted:

The payouts to the Defendants side is gonna be after the appeal either way and Texas doesn't really require a deposit unfortunately.

Texas couldn’t require it, but could the judge demand it as part of sanctions, to prevent them from trying to exhaust defendants via the legal process?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Between this and the Musk hearing I'm having a real good time. Something really funny about incompetent legal fumblings even if I don't understand the finer points.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wark Say posted:

Thanks for the quick clear-up! :)

Jesus, these guys are both scumbag grifters and incredibly stupid at lawyering then; and yet, nowhere near as stupid as the spiteful shits ponying up moolah on their GFM.

No amount of money is enough to burn to spite the libs and protect the pervert.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And to think all that moolah would greatly benefit the Animators Dorm or something cool like that.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So what happened with Doucette’s “hush hush, takin a trip to Florida !” Thing?

Completely unrelated to the Vig stuff, but:

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1187837394374057987

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Wark Say posted:

And to think all that moolah would greatly benefit the Animators Dorm or something cool like that.

Speaking of, they're nearing their goal just as its getting close to ending.

https://gogetfunding.com/2019-animator-dormitory-project/

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That's sweet. :unsmith:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Meanwhile: Vic banned from Disneyworld

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wow. Nick's still banned from Twitter. I know he's got that backup account where he roleplays a cute young intern to keep the message going out, but thankfully he can't post like he normally does on that account or it would be even more obvious he's socking around the ban.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Thats even better than anything Vic related it could've been. :3:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Between this and the Musk hearing I'm having a real good time. Something really funny about incompetent legal fumblings even if I don't understand the finer points.

At least with Vic, it's not that he's necessarily incompetent. It's his attorneys. With Musk, it's all him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Thats even better than anything Vic related it could've been. :3:

He told me he had some criminal work to take care of in FL :lol:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xelkelvos posted:

At least with Vic, it's not that he's necessarily incompetent. It's his attorneys. With Musk, it's all him.

Multiple lawyers told Vic not to go through with this case before retaining Ty Beard. And he's doubling down on appeals. The dude isn't bright and has a massive ego on top of being a huge piece of poo poo that tried to silence the people he sexually harassed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Julias posted:

Multiple lawyers told Vic not to go through with this case before retaining Ty Beard. And he's doubling down on appeals. The dude isn't bright and has a massive ego on top of being a huge piece of poo poo that tried to silence the people he sexually harassed.

It's pretty obvious Vic has gone his entire life with people who take care of things for him.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Iswv has some serious brain problems judging from Twitter. Everything that's bad for Vic's case is either conspiracy or actually good for Vic's case.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Exercu posted:

Iswv has some serious brain problems judging from Twitter. Everything that's bad for Vic's case is either conspiracy or actually good for Vic's case.

"All charges were dropped! Vic has them right where he wants them!"

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

E the Shaggy posted:

"All charges were dropped! Vic has them right where he wants them!"

Well, some of them still seem to be confused about whether he is the plaintiff or the accused...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Exercu posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

Munin posted:

Well, some of them still seem to be confused about whether he is the plaintiff or the accused...

Yeah a lot of people seem to think he's on trial for sexual harassment when like....no. Vic will never face legal consequences for him being a creep. But his career is basically over because he didn't do what most white men do and just lay low and wait for the masses to move on to the next thing.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The only thing that can kill a rich white man's career is that same rich white man.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah a lot of people seem to think he's on trial for sexual harassment when like....no. Vic will never face legal consequences for him being a creep. But his career is basically over because he didn't do what most white men do and just lay low and wait for the masses to move on to the next thing.

Remember when he initially just gave the canned "I'm sorry if people felt uncomfortable" speech or whatever and then didn't say anything and that's what looked like was going to happen?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I met a guy who worked or knew people who worked on the Star Trek thing and he was like “yeah they recognized Vic as a failed camera operator” and I was like “uhh he’s much worse than that”

Well that’s my story thanks for reading

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

I met a guy who worked or knew people who worked on the Star Trek thing and he was like “yeah they recognized Vic as a failed camera operator” and I was like “uhh he’s much worse than that”

Well that’s my story thanks for reading

Powerful username + post synergy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Remember when he initially just gave the canned "I'm sorry if people felt uncomfortable" speech or whatever and then didn't say anything and that's what looked like was going to happen?

Like, even if Funi refused to work with him again, he coulda maybe come back and done more stuff with like Bang Zoom in California, but this whole lawsuit thing has basically burned any bridge he could have in the industry.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Its pretty funny because its clear they only sued Funi because they have the deepest pockets. That is the second weakest case even Chupp was clearly exasperated with how flimsy it was and its his job to act impartial.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 27, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Like, even if Funi refused to work with him again, he coulda maybe come back and done more stuff with like Bang Zoom in California, but this whole lawsuit thing has basically burned any bridge he could have in the industry.

I really doubt that. There's not that many big-name VA's around for anime, so if he is out with one group he may well be radioactive. Especially as every decent convention dropped him the moment the original article did the rounds, so he doesn't even have name-brand selling anymore to offset pissing off anyone stuck working with him on a project.

His career is done.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really doubt that. There's not that many big-name VA's around for anime, so if he is out with one group he may well be radioactive. Especially as every decent convention dropped him the moment the original article did the rounds, so he doesn't even have name-brand selling anymore to offset pissing off anyone stuck working with him on a project.

His career is done.

Counterpoint: Weinstein is back wining and dining at society parties.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Munin posted:

Counterpoint: Weinstein is back wining and dining at society parties.

Weinstein is on a level of power Vic can't even dream of, even if his ego can't tell the difference.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hub Cat posted:

Its pretty funny because its clear they only sued Funi because they have the deepest pockets. That is the second weakest case even Chupp was clearly exasperated with how flimsy it was and its his job to act impartial.

I like somebody's notion that they didn't sue Rooster Teeth because they didn't want Warner Brother's entertainment lawyers to eat them alive.* Although some speculated that if this round of lawsuits went well then they might have taken a swing.

*As we see all that took was just 'a competent lawyer' to do that.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Nice! posted:

He told me he had some criminal work to take care of in FL :lol:

Yeah, he stole someone's heart :3:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

there was a small movement last night:
https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1188944161812221955
essentially Lemoine subpoenaed Slatosch on Oct 23rd to give a deposition Nov 1st and Ty is fighting to get it quashed with as much finesse as expected

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

there was a small movement last night:
https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1188944161812221955
essentially Lemoine subpoenaed Slatosch on Oct 23rd to give a deposition Nov 1st and Ty is fighting to get it quashed with as much finesse as expected

Ok I admit to not paying attention everything but, "Who? (is Slatosch?)"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hughlander posted:

Ok I admit to not paying attention everything but, "Who? (is Slatosch?)"

He's the organizer of Kamehacon, and had an affidavit submitted earlier but it got pulled (along with Chuck Huber's).

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

New filling (Motion to Compel filed by Lemoine today)

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1189286758384623616?s=21

E: and a motion to dismiss Ty's premature appeal https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1189324033038409729?s=21

Ignis fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 30, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1189984917632905216

truly toei is livid with funimation over vic and is threatening to cut ties with funimation over their overall poor dub quality and furthermore

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

As someone who doesn’t watch dubs cuz it’s for trash people why are they so attached to Vic? Did he invent the yugioh abridged “SETO KAIBA” Voice and he was their missing dad during their formative years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1189984917632905216

truly toei is livid with funimation over vic and is threatening to cut ties with funimation over their overall poor dub quality and furthermore

It's especially funny because this movie is the debut of Johnny Yong Bosch as the replacement for Vic's Sabo.