Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mr Interweb posted:

speaking of divorce, is he still married to kim kardashian?

more importantly, why the gently caress would anyone care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
because West keeps chudding it up, and Kim has visited Donnie a non zero amount of times for her own pet projects(irrc she gotten a paradon for someone??)

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.

Feinne posted:

He's a transmedicalist who really dislikes nonbinary people and outed Lana Wachowski because he was sore that his wife was leaving him for her. He is also bffs with Graham Lineham.

AHAHAHA oh you can't be serious. One of the directors of the Matrix took his now ex-wife? And he not only tolerates Glinner, but is *friends* with him?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The thing is that, much like everything else, this just feels like stuff being brought to a head. There have been people angry that Contra got famous or that any of "breadtube" got famous, there are people with legitimate views about how much of a poo poo Buck Angel is, there are people worried that if you give people too much power then they will dissapoint you, people who are dissapointed about Laci Green etc etc.

The problem, as much as it is a problem, is that the very structureless form of media that we have encourages people to not know what their responsibilities are whilst also being inherently touchy about how they got to that position in the first place.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Every dog in the United States started barking at once holy poo poo.

From "Black People need minimum wage because they wouldn't earn the same as white people" to "minwage kills jobs so only the undeservingless skilled cost-effective would get jobs to keep costs down" to "we can hire them for less because they aren't white they are under-educated"

I cannot look at this ad as anything but actal, factual racist propaganda. I'm expecting a KKK watermark in the corner.

TPUSA needs to be investigated.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moths posted:

Ok thanks for that link.

It looks like she ejected from a no-win conversion about pronouns, and with a lot more patience and grace than I would have had.

E: That's unfortunate. It seems like there's an ideological divide over who "owns" trans and NB issues, and there's a good conversation to be had - but way outside the scope of this thread.

That's one part of the issue with her, but there's been a larger pattern of behavior that makes her opinions on what Being Trans is mega suspect

For example, platforming actual transmed shithead Buck Angel!

But really this all started with the Aesthetic video which you can argue is really just her working through her different ideas about how to Do A Trans in the guise of her characters but then you look at which character says what and how they day it and uhhhhhh

It's sketchy

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 26, 2019

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I can't see this as anything but a *wink* *wink* advocation to a return to the use of slavery.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Biscats n Gravy posted:

AHAHAHA oh you can't be serious. One of the directors of the Matrix took his now ex-wife? And he not only tolerates Glinner, but is *friends* with him?

Yeah I think it is important to be clear that the specific outing was absolutely personal animus, we should be precise in our descriptions of how people are lovely. And Buck is basically the go-to transmedicalist for TERFs because he agrees with almost everything they do.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also there was the time Natalie referred to herself as the last of the old school transsexuals which is really weird until you remember that's some transmed bullshit and then it suddenly clicks with all the other poo poo she's said

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I always thought Nat was a terminally online shitlib for the lip-service she paid to the 4chan, but that made me go from sourly neutral to actively dislike. It's an even bigger shame that Olly of Philosophy Tube "stanned" for her (his words) and then released a non-apology Tweet that shilled for his next video.

So gently caress "Breadtube," its biggest figures are an human centipede ouroboros of hypocrisy. It's no wonder the Right has such a stranglehold on media when all major lefties either don't get time or turn out to be liberal scum.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I don't watch Contrapoints just because I don't really like her costume plays, so all of this poo poo is new to me. But a couple of people have mentioned "transmedicalist" - could someone explain what that is to me, a naive cis person? I'm picking up the context clues, but I've just never heard the term before.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I don't watch Contrapoints just because I don't really like her costume plays, so all of this poo poo is new to me. But a couple of people have mentioned "transmedicalist" - could someone explain what that is to me, a naive cis person? I'm picking up the context clues, but I've just never heard the term before.

transmedicalists insist that only binary trans people exist and nonbinary folx are transtrenders trying to get in on all the positive attention and kowtowing real trans people supposedly get

yes, it is as insane as it sounds

they're also known as truscum

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The hell of it is her stuff on chuds and their dipshit ideas is pretty good

She's just also trash

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Sometimes I do think we tend to be quick to doubt others on their ideas when we never have the same level of scrutiny applied to our own.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Sometimes I do think we tend to be quick to doubt others on their ideas when we never have the same level of scrutiny applied to our own.

Agreed.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Also there was the time Natalie referred to herself as the last of the old school transsexuals which is really weird until you remember that's some transmed bullshit and then it suddenly clicks with all the other poo poo she's said

Most of her videos really click for me, and I think part of it that the relatively recent widespread discussion about trans people and trans rights has changed the way people struggle with, accept, and come out as trans. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredibly positive thing, it's just a cultural shift that I haven't fully adjusted to and I sometimes feel like the last of the old school as well because of it.

The example of someone in complete boy mode introducing themselves in a group with a female name and pronouns is awesome, and that it's possible is a huge positive step. But it's something I could never have done when I was in that place, and when I was transitioning it was unthinkable.

tldr: I'm old and relate to the olds, and the kids are alright.

DeadlyMuffin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 26, 2019

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Josef bugman posted:

i think we have a responsibility to expose our ideas to scrutiny so that they can be refined, that's what debate is for. otherwise you end up in an echo chamber where you never improve at thinking

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

So I've been debating some right wingers and you know how right wingers never bothered with stuff like "truth" or "sources" or "facts" etc.

Some part of me attributed this to ignorance but it might be just straight up malice. Because I noticed that if you just give them a complete bullshit source. Or you cite a law that doesn't exist and then give them a 100 page legal PDF as source. They often take for granted that they have been caught. And so go into full evasive action. Instead of reading the source and try to find holes in it. They will instead maintain that while that specific claim might be correct. It doesn't apply to the issue itself.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Eschenique posted:

So I've been debating some right wingers and you know how right wingers never bothered with stuff like "truth" or "sources" or "facts" etc.

Some part of me attributed this to ignorance but it might be just straight up malice. Because I noticed that if you just give them a complete bullshit source. Or you cite a law that doesn't exist and then give them a 100 page legal PDF as source. They often take for granted that they have been caught. And so go into full evasive action. Instead of reading the source and try to find holes in it. They will instead maintain that while that specific claim might be correct. It doesn't apply to the issue itself.

Liberal fascism differs from classical fascism in many ways. I don't deny this. Indeed, it is central to my point.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

razorrozar posted:

i think we have a responsibility to expose our ideas to scrutiny so that they can be refined, that's what debate is for. otherwise you end up in an echo chamber where you never improve at thinking

Oh indeed, the problem is that when the idea comes at us with the effect of an Al Swearengen rant, we may not respond well. And it also keeps going round and round, eventually we get people going "well they wouldn't keep being called out if they weren't doing something wrong".

I dunno. I understand and do not wish to defend someone about whom I know less than nothing, but it's still something that I think we as people need to work on. Some ideas though? Some things are just plain awful and should remain as far away from everyone else as possible.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Eschenique posted:

Right wingers don't debate in good faith you say??

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Agreed.

Most of her videos really click for me, and I think part of it that the relatively recent widespread discussion about trans people and trans rights has changed the way people struggle with, accept, and come out as trans. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredibly positive thing, it's just a cultural shift that I haven't fully adjusted to and I sometimes feel like the last of the old school as well because of it.

The example of someone in complete boy mode introducing themselves in a group with a female name and pronouns is awesome, and that it's possible is a huge positive step. But it's something I could never have done when I was in that place, and when I was transitioning it was unthinkable.

tldr: I'm old and relate to the olds, and the kids are alright.

the problem is she's not an old, she's just a shithead

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i mean, the thing i just read about pronoun checks being awkward is pretty accurate for many of my friends. the whole "this meeting is all cis people trying to figure out specifically my pronouns" thing is totally real. i'm gonna leave this internet fight to the young queers this time around.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Again tho she is the Young people

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Again tho she is the Young people

Yeah actual older trans people were pretty united in making GBS threads all over her attempt to claim her positions were the same as theirs.

I personally suspect all this is a long-con to get anyone at all to give a poo poo about her most recent video, which was 5 minutes of content in a 50 minute bag.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Feinne posted:

Yeah actual older trans people were pretty united in making GBS threads all over her attempt to claim her positions were the same as theirs.

I personally suspect all this is a long-con to get anyone at all to give a poo poo about her most recent video, which was 5 minutes of content in a 50 minute bag.

and the one after it, given her apology was basically "i did this for a reason tune in next time on dragon ball z!"

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

and the one after it, given her apology was basically "i did this for a reason tune in next time on dragon ball z!"

The most unkind cut of course is that if you watch the credits Lana Wachowski contributes to her loving patreon so she almost certainly also watches the videos and had to surprise hear the rear end in a top hat who tried to get her killed.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Feinne posted:

The most unkind cut of course is that if you watch the credits Lana Wachowski contributes to her loving patreon so she almost certainly also watches the videos and had to surprise hear the rear end in a top hat who tried to get her killed.

Wait, what?

I'm not following you at all but I want to understand

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Wait, what?

Lana Wachowski has been giving contrapoints money through patreon, which also means it's pretty likely she watches the videos. The most recent one had Buck Angel doing a voice. Buck Angel outed Lana Wachowski as trans because his wife was leaving him for her. And not just in some casual way, he talked a bunch of poo poo in the clear hope of at a minimum ending her career but really shooting for 'some transphobe kills her'.

Like it's fine if you think that's overstating it but personally outing someone is a thing you do if you want them to die.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 26, 2019

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Wait, what?

Lana Wachowski, who was outed publically by Buck Angel because his wife left him for her, is one of Natalie's patrons

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Feinne posted:

Like it's fine if you think that's overstating it but personally outing someone is a thing you do if you want them to die.

Let's not be hysterical here. They also out people so their victims merely wish they were dead and then follow through

This guy has also been protected by goon celeb Hbomberguy who only started pretending to support left causes after being involved with CHUD harassment for years.

Deport The Irish fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 26, 2019

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Deport The Irish posted:

Let's not be hysterical here. They also out people so their victims merely wish they were dead and then follow through

This guy has also been protected by goon celeb Hbomberguy who only started pretending to support left causes after being involved with CHUD harassment for years.

That's heartbreaking to hear, do you have something to support it?

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Harvey Mantaco posted:

That's heartbreaking to hear, do you have something to support it?

...just look at their past posts archived on literally this website?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Deport The Irish posted:

Yeah let me use that fantabulous search engine

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Deport The Irish posted:

Lol thanks prick

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the problem is she's not an old, she's just a shithead

I've seen her specific kind of bigotry from other trans people in the past, and it's very similar to the way some white cis gender-conforming gay men complain about femmes making gay people look bad or upper class black people think lower class black people make black people look bad. As a trans person who was comfortable picking a place on the binary and then able to successfully transition in the way that society finds more acceptable she has a certain kind of privilege, even if trans people as a whole are not usually thought of as privileged.

She appears to have kind of a chip on her shoulder about it even though there's clear holes in it. Not everybody sees the binary, a construction of cis society, as valid. Not everybody can or even wants to do medical transition steps. Most people are kind of just trying to survive, and her basically making GBS threads on them for not being exactly like her is dumb.

There's also might be some kind of real boomer "I had to suffer so everybody else who comes after me must also suffer," energy. You see this with some trans people who are bitter that anybody who transitioned after they did might have had an easier time, and sometimes they'll call them "transtrenders." It makes me really angry whenever I come across it. It's such a lovely mentality, and as a person who's pretty loving young she has no excuse.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Eschenique posted:

In my experience, they seem to start with the conclusion first (capitalism is good, the bible is true, liberals are bad, stand for the flag) and then do some kid of weird mental crab walk to work backwards into the argument in ways that fit those beliefs. They deal in absolutes in ways that create very odd mental barriers to anything resembling data or facts and to where any failures are attributed to individual weakness.

That's not very well worded but I see a lot of cross over between the mindsets of hardcore dug in conservatives and things like Amway/MLM and televangalism. It's very frustrating.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
also similar to bi erasure, although that's a bit different in that bisexuals ACTUALLY DO have an easier time than homosexuals adopting protective coloration if absolutely necessary

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

To add to what razorrozar said. Transmedicalists think you're only validly trans if you medically transition. Especially getting bottom/top surgery as is applicable, if memory serves. It ties into the gate keeping of the past from the medical community. Wherein you had to have "Real Life Experience" of presenting as your preferred gender, before you could start any sort of hormones or other medical assistance (hormones, etc.)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Manuel Calavera posted:

To add to what razorrozar said. Transmedicalists think you're only validly trans if you medically transition. Especially getting bottom/top surgery as is applicable, if memory serves. It ties into the gate keeping of the past from the medical community. Wherein you had to have "Real Life Experience" of presenting as your preferred gender, before you could start any sort of hormones or other medical assistance (hormones, etc.)

Kinda (really) lovely that Buck Angel is apparently this given what he has typically been most famous for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Feinne posted:

He's a transmedicalist who really dislikes nonbinary people and outed Lana Wachowski because he was sore that his wife was leaving him for her. He is also bffs with Graham Lineham.

Ok, I tried to understand what Transmedicalism is and bounced off. Its a belief that you can only be considered a transgender man or woman if you go through with the full medical procedure, and living as your mental gender is not enough, you are just a man or woman pretending to be your mental gender? Thats lovely. (I hope I'm getting this right, I don't want to offend anyone with wrong terms.)

Outing someone is a very dick move, especially when it can get them killed.

I dont know who Graham Lineham is. Had to look that up as well. His wiki showing that he compared Trans rights activism to Nazi Germany shows that he is a poo poo head.

I don't follow the goings on in gender rights very closely. I just know gently caress those that would impose on others for their nebulous reasons.