Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I don't care for sporta's rivers. My knees can only lift so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That works then! How long is the game?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It was said that if you spend 30 minutes a day, it'll take at least 3 months or so to complete the campaign. That's not including going back and clearing each levels extras or all the minigames you can do on the side whenever.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Holy balls. Yeah, sure, I’ll buy it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The biggest thing for me is how it's introducing different exercises that I would normally refuse on sight. Never doing planks was something I was oddly proud about, but the game makes it so each "skill" has its own perks. Now I'm actually focusing on if my form is correct and the game tells you what muscles you're working on, along with the joycon alignment, makes it all feel like a digital trainer who doesn't give you disappointing looks.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bushisms.txt posted:

I don't care for sporta's rivers. My knees can only lift so much

Pick up the pace, Rookie! :colbert:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Just the tutorial and 1 minute into beginnia and my thighs already feel like I did a bunch of squats.

Jesus, what happened to me?

Edit: holy loving poo poo. This might be the first time I have to admit defeat against a video game. I am so loving out of shape, I have to pause during each stage.

Edit 2:

https://twitter.com/retrocombine/status/1188179271178604544?s=21

This was level 2. Wow. This isn’t about the game anymore, this is about me. I’d be surprised if I could do this for 30 minutes.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 26, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

At least RFA didn't destroy your pants with intense squatting.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That reminds me, does Silent Mode reduce your top speed compared to straight up jogging in place? Or am I just inflexible and out of shape?

gently caress it, I know the answer to that question.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

Just the tutorial and 1 minute into beginnia and my thighs already feel like I did a bunch of squats.

Edit: holy loving poo poo. This might be the first time I have to admit defeat against a video game. I am so loving out of shape, I have to pause during each stage.

Edit 2:

This was level 2. Wow. This isn’t about the game anymore, this is about me. I’d be surprised if I could do this for 30 minutes.

What difficulty are you playing at? I believe in you if you are able to keep at it though, friend. ❤️

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Manuel Calavera posted:

What difficulty are you playing at? I believe in you if you are able to keep at it though, friend. ❤️

I believe this is the default?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 26, 2019

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Try lowering it then. Your health and safety take priority after all, don't push and hurt yourself. You can do it friend! :3:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Yeah take your time. The game will ask you before and after every subsequent session how you felt about the intensity and whether you want to maintain, bump up or go down and by how much.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
yeah listen to the ring and chill out and go out at your own pace

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

I believe this is the default?

The initial difficulty is based off of your age, etc, and how you answer the questions at the beginning, so it will probably vary a lot between people.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I got this and cleared up to the first Drageux fight today. Since the first levels don't have type effectiveness I just used Shuffle every time and the second time Knee to Chest came up against Drageux I was like, nah. That poo poo wrecks me.

Chair pose and squats should hurt me more than they do but they don't because either my form is wrong or I am more powerful than I realized.

Also, watching your damage numbers increase as your form and timing improve is a wonderful bit of motivation.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 26, 2019

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Manuel Calavera posted:

I believe in you if you are able to keep at it though, friend. ❤️

Nominating this as the thread mantra. Let’s all do our best at our personal fitness quests! The positivity and judgement free zone. :3:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does the game have a new game plus or second loop? I would think that it would be perfect for it.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Tempura Wizard posted:

Nominating this as the thread mantra. Let’s all do our best at our personal fitness quests! The positivity and judgement free zone. :3:

The game feels this way, too! You're never penalized for stopping during an exercise set, Ring says "no rush, though" when he tells you to stand up after a sitting exercise.

Everyone can and should do things at their own pace.

This game is amazing because it is the single best incentive I could be given to exercise. I want all the benefits of a regular workout, but the only way my stupid brain will agree to it is with experience points.

The other thing is like, Wii fit was kinda judgey. It made your Mii's body type based on your actual weight (so mine was a loving pencil-man and my son's was hella chubby). It was also really passive aggressive about your attendance or the goals you set.

Ring Fit is just the opposite, it's basically just a mom, gently encouraging you to do your best but reminding you to take care of yourself and that it's proud of you no matter what.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a 7 day activity achievement or does that cap at 5? Just so I can be aware to clear it off.

And also, another option for "thread mantra." "Increase your pace!" Idk why my lizard brain responds so well to Ring saying that. But the fast paced moves feel better to me. Probably less time straining on some of the tougher movements. Or alternately, it feels good to do the overhead ring presses faster. Like you're getting more *oomph* out of em.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Is there a 7 day activity achievement or does that cap at 5? Just so I can be aware to clear it off.

And also, another option for "thread mantra." "Increase your pace!" Idk why my lizard brain responds so well to Ring saying that. But the fast paced moves feel better to me. Probably less time straining on some of the tougher movements. Or alternately, it feels good to do the overhead ring presses faster. Like you're getting more *oomph* out of em.

It definitely feels easier when you get to the light blue and increase the pace. It switches the feeling from really working and straining that muscle group to focusing on breathing and rhythm, which distracts you from the fact that your legs are screaming at you for choosing wide squats again because it's your best blue AoE move.

Also, obviously the two best lines Ring says are "Keep pressing me into your stomach!" and "Your sweat is so shiny and beautiful!"

You're a weird, kinky circle, Ring.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

Edit 2:

consistency is key, just keep at it every day and you'll get fitter/better, I know you can do it!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
There is no way I'm number 1 in my age bracket, and I don't see records from my friends who I know have the game. What am I missing here? I have Switch Online and I can play Tetris 99 and enter Mario Kart matches with friends just fine. I'd think it's regional except it's literally called "worldwide rankings" or something similar.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Do you actually have it set too world wide?
It defaults to friends, and if it doesn't register them for whatever reason it will list you as #1 in all categories, you have too switch it too world wide rankings, it should say what button you need to press for that

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I don't know if trying to beat world 2 all in one go was the smart thing to do butt gently caress it I done did it.

Draguqeuex feels kinda condescending though, he could easily smash me if he didn't just work out when I was trying to beat on him.
That will be his downfall though!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dragaux can smash me anytime. ;-*

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I mean the whole point of the game is to wrestle him into submission and then S the dragon D, right?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I kinda want to play a bit more, but my thighs are achy enough that I couldn’t go down stairs without grabbing the guard rails. Does every world have a running component?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Oh yeah and they get longer. Just do the multi task mode for the day and rest. If you feel you really need a workout, hit up some of the arm based mini games.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The achievement for doing Adventure more some days in a row goes only up to ten.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alright, I’ll put Adventure Mode off until my thighs recover cause jesus. I suspect that I’m doing Silent Mode jogging wrong. Or maybe right, cause the last time I felt like this in my thighs is when I was doing squat weight training.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

Alright, I’ll put Adventure Mode off until my thighs recover cause jesus. I suspect that I’m doing Silent Mode jogging wrong. Or maybe right, cause the last time I felt like this in my thighs is when I was doing squat weight training.

Honestly, you might just be doing it right. When I started my legs hurt for like three or four days after, but now I'm ok playing for longer than I did that first time. It's gonna suck at first, but just take your time and wait until a muscle stops being sore before you exercise it again.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does the game ever give the option to strengthen older skills' damage? i'd like to keep doing squats but when they're doing less than half the damage of my other skills it just doesn't really make much sense.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Xad posted:

Honestly, you might just be doing it right. When I started my legs hurt for like three or four days after, but now I'm ok playing for longer than I did that first time. It's gonna suck at first, but just take your time and wait until a muscle stops being sore before you exercise it again.

Yeah, I was doing silent mode last tuesday and only today do my legs no longer feel sore, so I'm gonna jump back in today.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Countblanc posted:

does the game ever give the option to strengthen older skills' damage? i'd like to keep doing squats but when they're doing less than half the damage of my other skills it just doesn't really make much sense.

You'll get wide squats and overhead squats as newer, much stronger attacks. There are also levels with squats. So many squats. When you get to the world 5 boss level you will squat and squat and squat.You can also do some of the game gyms that are squat based.

Today I finished world 6! Pushed up to difficulty 20 and squatted my way to victory. And then did some more squats with a side of squats. Squats to attack, squats in the fitness gym (Glutes set), and squats in the jogging sections.

Every day is leg day.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Hip shake is sexy and awesome.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
HIGH. KNEE. KICKS.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

did 21 minutes of active time today

does anyone commonly get intense exercise ranking? I usually max out at energetic and my heart rate really refuses to go higher than that it seems.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

SynthesisAlpha posted:

You'll get wide Squats and overhead Squats as newer, much stronger attacks. There are also levels with Squats. So many Squats. When you get to the world 5 boss level you will squat and squat and squat.You can also do some of the game gyms that are squat based.

Today I finished world 6! Pushed up to difficulty 20 and squatted my way to victory. And then did some more Squats with a side of Squats. Squats to attack, Squats in the fitness gym (Glutes set), and Squats in the jogging sections.

More games need to let you squat your way to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Two days later and I’m walking with my knees locked cause my thigh muscles are destroyed. I look like Vince McMahon.

Supposedly the best way to ease the muscle ache is to keep the muscles working. Activates the lactic acid or whatever.

Condiv posted:

did 21 minutes of active time today

does anyone commonly get intense exercise ranking? I usually max out at energetic and my heart rate really refuses to go higher than that it seems.

I hit like 91% max heart rate during my playtime. The game told me to ease up the difficulty.

Squats posted:

More games need to let you squat your way to victory.

You seem biased :v:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 28, 2019