Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

big cummers ONLY posted:

This is silly and dumb but are there single player bots for D2? I hopped back in a couple months ago and had fun. I think it would be fun to bot so I can treat it like a mini idle game for a bit. I know you can just hack in perfect items and all but botting while I clean the house sounds weirdly compelling
Kolbot (D2BS based) works in single player. And all other modes, including tcp/ip if you wanted to team bot all alone by yourself. I'm fairly certain kolbot is even updated to work with the latest version. There's an easy to find github for it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

totalnewbie posted:

If you think of EQ, WoW, etc. in terms of filling the "social media" part of our lives then it kind of makes sense. Now that itch is being scratched by instagram, facebook, etc.

Yeah it's just moved, but frankly I think WoW was better for you as a social media platform, my opinion of course.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

This is silly and dumb but are there single player bots for D2? I hopped back in a couple months ago and had fun. I think it would be fun to bot so I can treat it like a mini idle game for a bit. I know you can just hack in perfect items and all but botting while I clean the house sounds weirdly compelling

Back in the day the popular bot was called d2jsp. I don't know of any bots now but also I'd be careful of botting if you have other games tied to your Blizzard account. Might get the entire account banned.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

kiwid posted:

Back in the day the popular bot was called d2jsp. I don't know of any bots now but also I'd be careful of botting if you have other games tied to your Blizzard account. Might get the entire account banned.
There's no anticheat in single player or tcp/ip. Unsure about open bnet, but I'd lean toward no there as well.

Also, they only ban one cdkey set for d2 if you get banned. Your bnet account is never touched. I know plenty of people who have been banned from most Blizzard games and it never extends beyond the single account or cdkey set you used. A banned d2 cdkey still works for single player and private servers, and banned keys also used to work on realms other than the one you got banned on too. Not sure if the latter is still true.

To be honest, I've played legit on private servers since 2012 or so. Botting/hacking is very much an actual bnet thing.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Hadn't played Archon for a while, and the count of stash tabs earnable in seasons was raised from 4 to 5, so I got the whole journey done in a weekend. I was queuing pub t16 games within 5-6 hours of starting the season and actually killing poo poo. By Sunday night I had already done GR100 solo. Have mixed feelings about how incredibly fast that was, at least it was fun and didn't waste my time. PoE really shows how D3 lacks depth of content, just more GRs to cycle through in the endgame. Flavor of Time is a good addition to GRs though, double pylon length changes up GRs but at the cost of a jewelry slot. If I ever really get into this game again, it will be with a GR130+ group build, maybe even nonseason. But with the game more or less dead, getting groups going takes longer than ever, so that's not too likely. Whatever rational hope there is rests with D4 now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

You can just create gear directly

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
yeah don't SP bot, just use hero editor to change your char's inventory, exp, etc.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Samopsa posted:

yeah don't SP bot, just use hero editor to change your char's inventory, exp, etc.
I'd give opposite advice. Bot SP, your character is still playing and progressing at the intended speed. Hero editing is boring and not the same at all.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Botting while idle is specifically what I'm asking about, as detailed in my last sentence. I have hero editor but botting would be an entertaining middle ground for me between playing legit and hacking in perfect items. Botting still let's you look at the new gear you get, evaluate the rolls, etc. That's fun for me :P

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

My ideal game.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/packs/simulator/1-hearthpwn-wild-pack

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm about ready for this season to be over. My monk is Paragon 500, and it annoys me how much of a cakewalk regular rifts are, while anything GR 57+ is a total kick in the dick for me. I haven't been able to get higher than 62.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

You need to get the correct items. Inna monk runs into a wall where things take too long to die, and then you run out of resource and Epiphany teleports you into bad places and you die, but that should be around GR90 and not low 60s.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Waffle! posted:

I'm about ready for this season to be over. My monk is Paragon 500, and it annoys me how much of a cakewalk regular rifts are, while anything GR 57+ is a total kick in the dick for me. I haven't been able to get higher than 62.

Pull up some builds on either icy-veins or diablofans via google, and focus on getting the best-in-slot gear being advocated. Use your blood shards earned from rifts to gamble until you hit those specific pieces, if they don't drop while you're out there doing things. Upgrade rare items with the cube to move things along- this is ideal for the weapon(s), rings and amulets, as they're really expensive on shards.

Ask any specific questions about things in here, most of us enjoy helping!

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Also, if you think "eh, what will those few stat rerolls on gear matter, I'm close enough": it matters a gently caress-ton. Just a few % increase in some stats will boost your GR level by 10 sometimes. The numbers on gear are relatively small, but they have enormous effects on your damage & resistances.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Basically every effect in this game is multiplicative, especially damage boosts. Getting, like, the +15% to Wave of Light on your boots may seem pointless when you have a +9000% from a set, but it's not 9.015%, it's 10,350%.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh the other hand HP increases by 15% or so per GR level. Whether or not you got a good rift will impact your performance far more than any individual piece of gear. Of course if every piece of gear is unoptimized then it adds up. However if you're at GR62 you should be able to breeze through as long as you have all your requisite pieces regardless of how they rolled.

Also there's no way a regular T16 rift is a cakewalk if you've never gone past GR62.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bamhand posted:

Also there's no way a regular T16 rift is a cakewalk if you've never gone past GR62.
There's one way, boon of the hoarder+goldwrap on certain builds that need ehp to succeed.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Too bad we can't look at the character to give specific advice on what to reroll because Blizzard is A BUNCH OF COWARDS! :argh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kheldarn posted:

Too bad we can't look at the character to give specific advice on what to reroll because Blizzard is A BUNCH OF COWARDS! :argh:

huh?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

At least for me, the battle.net website where you can post your character and build is down. They took it down due to the HK stuff and people deleting accounts, supposedly. Not sure what's true and :tinfoil:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

At least for me, the battle.net website where you can post your character and build is down. They took it down due to the HK stuff and people deleting accounts, supposedly. Not sure what's true and :tinfoil:

I really don't know what one would have to do with the other, but I'm pretty sure the official armory pages have been down longer than that

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/armory-profiles-currently-unavailable/3544 armory has been down since Sept 26th.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Ah alright. My mistake. There was some other thing then where people were speculating blizzard shut off to prevent people from deleting their accounts to protest the HK stuff. Obviously I didn't follow it that closely. :v:

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Anyone still playing in seasons? Kind of stuck at progress, p1350. Seems like everyone is running g130+ in communities, and I've never played with a star pact wiz before. I've done plenty of basic zbarb/zmonk stuff, from the guides I've seen there's some timing you want to coordinate with the wiz so the proper dmg buffs are lined up? Anyone have any other pointers? I've watched a few guides (lexyutv) on the group stuff.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
If I understood correctly, it's a leak from a new artbook

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So we're gonna kill momma demon for loot?

Where's dad angel in all this?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Hey cool, Kerrigan AND Illidan combined because of course they loving did.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Zenithe posted:

gotta fit in the g string and titty armor somehow

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t mind demons being Lusty but it would be cool if we could just once get a female demon that wasn’t obviously tied to lust or lying. Like every other demon is a boy except for Succubi and various concubines. I know it seems like splitting hairs, but lady demons can do other things besides gently caress and walk around with their titties out.

Anyways the internet is pretty convinced that a real Diablo 4 announcement is inevitable at this year’s BlizzCon and if they don’t have footage of Druid gameplay or a werebear in the trailer I’m gonna fly to Irvine and burn it to the ground.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'm aboard the hype train but don't expect much more than a cinematic. I'd love to be wrong and they bring more, though.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It's too easy to not give a poo poo with all of blizzards fuckups for like, years now. But d3 gave me hundreds of hours of chill fun and I hope the people who made it are happy wherever they are now.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t mind demons being Lusty but it would be cool if we could just once get a female demon that wasn’t obviously tied to lust or lying. Like every other demon is a boy except for Succubi and various concubines. I know it seems like splitting hairs, but lady demons can do other things besides gently caress and walk around with their titties out.

Anyways the internet is pretty convinced that a real Diablo 4 announcement is inevitable at this year’s BlizzCon and if they don’t have footage of Druid gameplay or a werebear in the trailer I’m gonna fly to Irvine and burn it to the ground.

Werewolf spreading rabies and summoning carrion vines. A werebear exploding demons with fireclaws. Please.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
IMO get a female demon tied to videogame journalism. It would step out of a gate.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Season 18 will be ending on November 10. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/season-18-ends-11-10/5055

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Excited to try out the new crusader build. Aoe dot things seem good

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Zenithe posted:

It looks like they just added more pointy bits to Adria's boss form.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I didn't play PTR but heard bad things about the monk set in particular. Like they couldn't believe anybody internally play tested it before PTR because it seemed broken. And sader was ok but weak if I'm remembering right. I was hoping they'd do another PTR pass on them and try and tune/fix them a bit before throwing out a patch.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Their "only buff, never nerf" philosophy probably has them scared to release a new set with competitive damage

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

I didn't play PTR but heard bad things about the monk set in particular. Like they couldn't believe anybody internally play tested it before PTR because it seemed broken. And sader was ok but weak if I'm remembering right. I was hoping they'd do another PTR pass on them and try and tune/fix them a bit before throwing out a patch.

Nevalistis posted this on reddit: "The new sets are definitely getting some adjustments. I'll make sure that goes into the S19 preview blog. Just not my focus right now. stares in BlizzCon" Hopefully there are actual differences other than "Crusader set changed from 10,000% to 15,000%."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Suburban Dad posted:

Monk set has no damage mitigation and crusader set has no damage output, it's like their internal testing was based on end-game progression from season 8 not 18.