Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Got Alien Invader Heimerdinger. Guess I should be happy it wasn’t Ice Toboggan Corki lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Smol posted:

Got Alien Invader Heimerdinger. Guess I should be happy it wasn’t Ice Toboggan Corki lol

Why wouldn't you want the best Corki skin?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Mierenneuker posted:

If you've been playing daily for the last two weeks, you'll already earn that random legendary skin today. So let us share a short silence for everybody who will unbox Annie in Wonderland (2010), when the Annie-versary skin (2019) is almost within reach.

I got Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath myself, which is great.
Edit: Had enough tokens to buy another orb, got this lmao

thanks, i blame you for this

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

gently caress this game

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I got Dawnbringer Riven???

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'll take it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got demonblade trynd womp womp

and i've had to endure people poo poo talking the best corki skin all day, too. the indignity!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I got Project: Yi, a skinline I don't like for a champ I don't play.

My free thing wasn't the free thing that I wanted, so I'm sad.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yo seriously

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I got firefighter Trist, just goes to show you how many of those old legendaries they have sitting around.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
i win

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I got loving Junkyard Trundle out of my free chest a few days back, so I'll happily accept Solar Eclipse Leona as compensation.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
it was nice of riot to give me another 900 something orange essence, but for some reason it was in the form of project pyke :confused:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im playing on my smurf and got the first skin i ever bought on my main account: gentleman chogath

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I got corp Mundo. I am the best suitcase thrower.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I got Project: Pyke, which is ok but I don't really play Pyke.

Then I got a quadra kill in my first game trying him out so I guess I'm a Pyke main now. :shrug:

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

I got star guardian jinx. I don't even own jinx. Perhaps it is me who is the owned one.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
brolaf seems like the best worst legendary skin to get

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Les Affaires posted:

I got star guardian jinx. I don't even own jinx. Perhaps it is me who is the owned one.

Well yes, you should own Jinx.

ungulateman posted:

Eh, it's got good voices and fun energy.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ungulateman posted:

Did you not see my post like 6 above yours

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Les Affaires posted:

jinx is fun as gently caress and thats a top 5 skin period

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Brolaf is ugly as gently caress and a dumb meme and I hate that every pro uses it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Boxman posted:

counterpoint tanks are hella important in solo q because everyone wants to play blink ninjas, and a team that can tie someone up for 5 seconds can frequently turn things around. Just pick a tank with a giant neon gently caress YOU ENGAGE button so your team does the thing.

also the most fun thing in this game is making sure the other team has zero fun. that is why i play janna and soraka.

I don't think it's necessarily tanks, if you have most squishy but cc to kite or outplay some random soloq comps can work. That's the problem with picks like Irelia, Akali's ult pre nerf and Qiyana. They don't ruin your whole comp by just being assassins.

Also holy gently caress I just started playing Kayle after watching it worlds more, this champ is so easy to play and broken. Just get biscuits + tonic to survive till 6.

btw I got dark cosmic jhin, fun champ and cool skin i guess even though its not my role.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Monicro posted:

jinx is fun as gently caress and thats a top 5 skin period

Jinx is great but the auto attack audio on that skin is the most grating loving sound in the game.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

Jinx is great but the auto attack audio on that skin is the most grating loving sound in the game.

... you say that like it's a bad thing? smdh if you don't hit your /joke hotkey on cooldown when playing kog.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Toxic Mental posted:

Did you not see my post like 6 above yours

i said "best worst". if i'm going to get a bad legendary skin, brolaf and gentleman cho'gath are the best of the bad ones. my condolences on getting magnificent tf though, lmao.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I can one up all of you: the only Mystery Gift I've ever received contained Magnificent TF. I still feel bad for the person who wasted money on it to this day.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I got PROJECT: Ashe, GF got High Noon Ashe. What do we do when she comes up in ARAM :tinfoil:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Do what everyone else does when Ashe is up in ARAM, spam whoever has it with trade requests and either ragequit or int if they dont trade.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Not bad at all, thanks Rito

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Standard new guy questions here. Best way to start out? Best role? What things should I focus on learning first? Keep in mind I don't have a ton of time to play and well likely mostly have to solo queue.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
mid and top are the best roles to learn the game with.

learn to farm minions first.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Slaapaav posted:

mid and top are the best roles to learn the game with.

learn to farm minions first.

I was thinking top as well. Mid seems a little more demanding. What are some good beginner characters for top?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How long do I have to play a handful of games and get a nifty skin?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

vulturesrow posted:

I was thinking top as well. Mid seems a little more demanding. What are some good beginner characters for top?

the best character is one that you enjoy playing so just try a bunch of them and see what happens. maybe one you will find one that sparks joy or someone that makes you think "NOPE NOT FOR ME"

try all of the ones that the game gives you early and the 450 blue essence champions

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ungulateman posted:

i said "best worst". if i'm going to get a bad legendary skin, brolaf and gentleman cho'gath are the best of the bad ones. my condolences on getting magnificent tf though, lmao.

i literally got on riot support chat and told them i got that skin and to please remove it and give me a new token

they said no

vulturesrow posted:

If you're new then play some braindead yet overall strong toplane champions, like Volibear, Malphite, Ornn and Poppy

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 27, 2019

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Not too shabby, certainly an upgrade over Riot Tristana :unsmith:

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

vulturesrow posted:

Garen is incredibly easy to learn and very forgiving if you make mistakes (his passive gives you a bunch of healing over time) He's also super strong right now

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i dont think new players should play melee champions. it will only teach bad habits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Arcturas posted:

How long do I have to play a handful of games and get a nifty skin?

There are 11 anniversary gifts, the legendary skin is at day 10. To get a day’s reward you need to play a single game (any mode I think). 22 hours after completing it you will receive the quest for the next day/gift.

I don’t know the exact end-date for these gifts, but you have at least two more weeks to earn them.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 27, 2019