Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Rallos posted:

They handed out suspensions for multiplicity?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!
They need to ban whoever woke the sleeper on mangler as a boxer. So dumb.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Doctor Party posted:

They need to ban whoever woke the sleeper on mangler as a boxer. So dumb.

Why? Authority is cool. Just fix the entire Sleeper mechanic on TLPs.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
SEQ is the best. I'd never play this game without it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Haha Authority woke sleeper? Say hi to him from me. He’s a good lad and we had a blast together in AoS. He’s one of a very few amount of people who can play an SK.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Apparently <Bloodthirst> killed 3/4 in OW, and he came in and woke it after them at like 5am PST.

It's easy to paint BT as the bad guys still, in other words.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
To the shock of no one, RIP EoE.

See you guys maybe if they ever make a non truebox progression server with sane unlock time!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
RIP.

Is EOE absorbing into another guild, or are most people just quitting, with the few left kind of spreading out?

When Entendre quit, even though before it was "official" many people were adamant that they were still going to play on Phinny, most just quit. The handful of us that went to Resolute, and basically we're all still here (only 1 guy quit, but he quit after like 1-2 weeks). Then a batch went to OGC, and only 1 of those people is still playing.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

RIP.

Is EOE absorbing into another guild, or are most people just quitting, with the few left kind of spreading out?

When Entendre quit, even though before it was "official" many people were adamant that they were still going to play on Phinny, most just quit. The handful of us that went to Resolute, and basically we're all still here (only 1 guy quit, but he quit after like 1-2 weeks). Then a batch went to OGC, and only 1 of those people is still playing.

Several are quitting, a few going to OGC, a few to Resolute, very few to LOTA. How long they stick around, no idea.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Sorry to hear about the banhammer, Hoohah. Never felt like you guys were open world asshats like a number of other guilds that often went unpunished for disruptive behavior...but such is the very weird nature of DBG I guess. You should come play on the server I'm about to peddle! Cross-posting from the P99 thread as well since some people don't read the others.

I've been playing on an emulated server for beta that just recently launched on October 3rd for their "official" release with a server wipe. It's been a good mix of QOL improvements and some custom gear/quests...but I've found one of the biggest selling points to be an expansion of the allowed race/class combos. For a game that many of us have played numerous times over, it's a surprising breath of fresh air. If any of you care to join me, feel free to send a tell/message on Discord to Villainous/Bumping. Below are a few details relating to the server (put together by some of the staff).

WEBSITE | DISCORD

Introduction
Clumsy's World (CW) has returned! The first iteration of CW ran from 2006 to 2012 and it has finally returned. CW is a semi-custom, 2-box, legit, Kunark-era server with newer QoL features, and custom modern amenities. CW is not a classic-progression server. The server will progress to Velious naturally then move into completely custom content. CW aims to be a medium between being casual-friendly while still providing challenging end-game content. Most of what you know from Kunark still exists but many things are tweaked or customized to fit into our vision. Your knowledge is still relevant but there will still be new twists and experiences.

Lore
What the players know, as of Velious, is that Kerafyrm was the illegal child of two opposing elemental dragons, creating a powerful prismatic dragon. Kerafyrm rose quickly to great strengths, becoming an exceptional general, but developed an insatiable hatred and blood-lust. Because of this he was seen as a threat by the Council of Elders and Veeshan sentenced him to death. An acquaintance of Kerafyrm's decided instead to lock him away in a prison, known as Sleeper's Tomb.

During his rise to power Kerafyrm acquired many followers; they were known as Ancients. Who are they, what were their motivations, and what would become of them if the Sleeper were ever set free?

CW dives straight into the world you remember and expands on the stories of the Ancients and follows the Resurgence of Kerafyrm. Come join us as we embark on this journey.

So What Can You Expect?
  • Additional Race/Class Combinations (Halfling Bard, Troll Cleric, Half-Elf Shadowknight and more!)
  • Experience rates tailored to favor groups over solo play
  • Heavy server-wide tuning of difficulties and mechanics (most raids can be done with 2-4 groups).
  • Raid Instancing
  • Nerfed/Removed Items Reintroduced to the game
  • Removal/Re-purposing of Out-of-Era items
  • Modified Loot Tables (e.g. Manastone, Guise, pre-nerf COS are all in!)
  • Scions/Boats replaced with Translocators
  • Content-locked at Classic-Velious (Kunark is open at the start)
  • Quality of life improvements like Extended Targeting and Click-from-bag
  • Player Mentoring (De-level to play with lower level friends
  • The Ancients: Completely Unique Group/Raid Encounters
  • Custom & Revamped Dungeons
  • Custom Kunark Gear Sets for Int Casters & Monks
  • Various Custom NPCs/Quests/Items added to the existing world
  • Upgradeable Armor, Weapons, Accessories, and Charms
  • No Required/Recommended Levels & FV-style loot (almost all is droppable)
  • Hub Zone with Quest NPCs, Progression Trackers, Translocators, Soulbinder, Corpse Summoner, and more
  • Spellscriber: Complete quests to gain access to more powerful spells
  • Challenge Encounters that test player's coordination and endurance in difficult wave/ring style events
  • Pets can tank and hold aggro

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
An interesting server and I'm happy to see competitors to p99 show up so they stop being so drat complacent, but unfortunately I'm one of those weirdo degenerates that likes late era EverQuest. I just like approaching it in a manner that lets me iteratively gear up that the 3/2 month progression servers by DBG provided.

Plus you have to know by now I was am a 6 boxer now and forever!

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

Tehran 1979 fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 14, 2019

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

On a way lighter note, I'm currently farming Diminished Muhbises on live to finish the few slots I need on my SK before the expansion and I made a rookie mistake - Fleet earrings are lore-equipped and I just ate a muhbis for nothing. I got a ticket hoping I can get it reimbursed but if that doesn't pan out, is there any way to unmake the earring or am I out of luck?

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
I heard that a perma-ban wave went out on Tuesday night (one guy in OGC got hit). It was for the folks that got a suspension a couple of weeks ago and continued using 3rd party programs. Oh, it was also only for true-box servers it seems.

Wondering if this had anything to do with the new Heroic character HoT server coming in a couple of weeks. Looks like it may not be true-box.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Aragosta posted:

I heard that a perma-ban wave went out on Tuesday night (one guy in OGC got hit). It was for the folks that got a suspension a couple of weeks ago and continued using 3rd party programs. Oh, it was also only for true-box servers it seems.

Wondering if this had anything to do with the new Heroic character HoT server coming in a couple of weeks. Looks like it may not be true-box.

We had a druid in our guild get hit - a "friends and family" member. But like...she only finally got 95 like 2 weeks ago. She was *very* casual. She's definitely not the type to use 3rd party programs, and doesn't even know what they are. She's really on super familiar with EQ in the first place (tends to die a lot, we had to tell her about things like "summon corpse to guild lobby, get your healer merc to rez", a lot of knowledge that us vets take for granted, etc).

She appealed and just got back a standard form response of "We're 100% confident you were guilty, bye felicia" so she said screw it.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
New TLP?

https://www.everquest.com/news/expansion-producers-letter-2019

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Yeah, if you want to skip the content that 80% of people play on new TLPs for and go straight to House of Thule with a heroic character, that's the server for you. I don't know which expansion Phinigel is on now, but I can't imagine it's a long ways past HoT at this point. Seems a bit odd timing-wise, but it's a cool idea for a new server type.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

While I won’t be touching that TLP, I’m glad to see they are trying different rule sets for them.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

koreban posted:

Yeah, if you want to skip the content that 80% of people play on new TLPs for and go straight to House of Thule with a heroic character, that's the server for you. I don't know which expansion Phinigel is on now, but I can't imagine it's a long ways past HoT at this point. Seems a bit odd timing-wise, but it's a cool idea for a new server type.

VOA, ROF in like 2-3 weeks. HOT was only 2 expacs ago.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Rumor is this round is not going to be a true box TLP. So basically everything Hoohah wants...except maybe that it’s not starting in classic?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

gepgepgep posted:

Rumor is this round is not going to be a true box TLP. So basically everything Hoohah wants...except maybe that it’s not starting in classic?

I'm still 99% sure its going to be truebox. Waiting for the FAQ.

Eccles
Feb 6, 2010
How many classes still use their epic at 85+? Cleric needs both, and the line is going to be around the block...

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

SK and Necro require their OOW epics (NEC still mainhand their 2.5, sk click theirs constantly)

edit: phone typo

blatman fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 20, 2019

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Bards and Shaman both use theirs a lot too. Not sure how much clerics will use the 1.0. pretty sure they use an AA Rez by HoT.

Eccles
Feb 6, 2010
Fair point - the aa Rez is faster casting.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah as a bard I still use mine. It doesn't do much for melee, but apparently it's still required to hit 100% crit chance with spells during burns if you're in a caster group.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

xZAOx posted:

Yeah as a bard I still use mine. It doesn't do much for melee, but apparently it's still required to hit 100% crit chance with spells during burns if you're in a caster group.

I main a mage and box a bard so I use the bard epic all the time still.

On a other topic. Phinny is losing another guild. Last of the Ancients is moving en masse to the new Miragul server. While they were like a B tier guild it still sucks to lose more population. Also, I couldn't imagine starting over again in HoT, going through another 3 months of those raids only to be right back at VoA and do that again too. I think of all the time sinks they're going to have to do. Tradeskills, Aug farming, clickies, epics, etc. I'd rather x-fer to live personally.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

Just what everybody's been wanting, a $250 Friends & Family deal!

Also for anybody that didn't know: they've done a server like Miragul 10 years ago. It was called Mayong, you started at level 51 with 50 AA, full defiant gear / spellbook

Server was dead within a few weeks, so definitely take a wait and see approach before you go dropping any serious money into it.

Tehran 1979 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 23, 2019

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Miragul is True Box with no different rules or gimmicks than heroic characters so good job on your immediate dead server DBG

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Tehran 1979 posted:

Miragul is True Box with no different rules or gimmicks than heroic characters so good job on your immediate dead server DBG

Where did you see it was true box?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

At least they won’t be killing Mangler for another TLP release cycle.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

diapermeat posted:

Where did you see it was true box?

Finally home. Link https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/miragul-heroic-progression-server-faq.260187/

Tehran 1979 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 26, 2019

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Did anyone actually ask for a heroic character TLP?

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
They added something to the bottom of the FAQ saying

:siren: FOR THOSE OF OUR COMMUNITY THAT ENJOY BOXING - Stay tuned for an upcoming thread to discuss the possibility of a server where Truebox rules are not in effect. :siren:

koreban posted:

Did anyone actually ask for a heroic character TLP?

No one. Not a single person. Or animal.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tehran 1979 posted:

No one. Not a single person. Or animal.

Sort of what I figured. Though I don't pay attention to FV or any of the loonier live servers, so I didn't know if maybe some group was getting traction wanting some sort of half-cocked quick catch-up TLP.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

koreban posted:

Sort of what I figured. Though I don't pay attention to FV or any of the loonier live servers, so I didn't know if maybe some group was getting traction wanting some sort of half-cocked quick catch-up TLP.

A lot of people have been asking for an FV TLP for years, but just get ignored.

Selo was a huge failure so people were getting their hopes up for the next round, but we just ended up getting this.

Tehran 1979 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 27, 2019

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.
Selo should not have released at the same time as some other TLP, split the player base with that one fairly badly.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

PyRosflam posted:

Selo should not have released at the same time as some other TLP, split the player base with that one fairly badly.

It was too soon after Coirnav and shouldn't have been alongside Mangler. I think people liked the idea of a fast progression server, but not in between two normal progression, truebox, classic start servers.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
The dumbest thing about Miragul is that they are taking away the plat you normally get for making a heroic character, which I understand why obviously, but upgrading all your HoT gear from T1 to T4 is really expensive, around 200,000pp unless you get every single tier in order for every slot, and even then you need tradeskill made pieces that have trivials around 500.

People on forums are pointing this out and asking if there's going to be some workaround for it and were told nope.

Whole server just makes no sense to me.

Tehran 1979 fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Daybreak making bad decisions in 2019...are we really that surprised by this?