Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This sounds like I'll love it

Incredibly good and catchy soundtrack too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

[ (I still don't exactly know what Brave and Faith do)
[/quote]

Faith increases your damage dealt and taken with magic attacks. Brave is the same for melee. Getting to high or low in either will cause that unit to leave your party.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Gaius Marius posted:

Faith increases your damage dealt and taken with magic attacks. Brave is the same for melee. Getting to high or low in either will cause that unit to leave your party.
[/quote]

You can also permanently increase/decrease them with the faith/brave buffs. I think you get 1 pt permanently when you get buffed debuffed. They also effect a whole bunch of other stuff like item find and counters. There's almost no reason not to have them. high

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
FFTA 2 would be the perfect phone game.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Gaius Marius posted:

[/quote]

:goonsay:
Ackshully,

Only very high faith (like 95 or something) and low brave cause a unit to leave the party (unless they changed this in the war of the lions edition or something).

High brave has virtually no downside that I can recall and mostly affects the proc rate of a unit's reaction abilities. It doesn't change melee damage given or taken. Having a unit with 100 brave and 0 faith is totally viable as long as you don't rely on any magic skills. (it also alters how much they can be healed by magic so a 0 faith unit gets no benefits from allied white mages, for example)

I wasted a LOT of my childhood on FFT.

damn horror queefs fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 24, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

To turn that right back on you, the highest Brave that is possible is 97, as you only get a permanent change of +1 Brave for every +4 temporary Brave change. When you're at 97, you can't go up in an increment of 4 anymore and thus can't gain any more permanent Brave. :eng101:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I would have thought that Advance Wars would be a great one to convert to mobile.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I would have thought that Advance Wars would be a great one to convert to mobile.

Is Advance Wars on mobile? :ohdear:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If it is, I demand someone tell me.

If not, I demand someone clone it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If it is, I demand someone tell me.

If not, I demand someone clone it.

Get a GBA emulator and go to town?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Kyrosiris posted:

To turn that right back on you, the highest Brave that is possible is 97, as you only get a permanent change of +1 Brave for every +4 temporary Brave change. When you're at 97, you can't go up in an increment of 4 anymore and thus can't gain any more permanent Brave. :eng101:

:argh:
Ya got me.

With temporary brave you can go over 100 though, iiirc. I don't know if there's actually an upper limit on it. Maybe 255? It's been at least a decade since I played the game, in my defense :v:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Black Desert Mobile has been released, I have absolutely no idea whether it's good (assuming it's been released previously in Asia).

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Cheap Trick posted:

Black Desert Mobile has been released, I have absolutely no idea whether it's good (assuming it's been released previously in Asia).

Given the main game. I have a hard time picturing a moble spin-off that isn't a nightmare.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I've been playing it a bit, it's how I remember Lineage 2 mobile to be back when I played that.

Feels a lot more polished, but not sure how long it's going to keep my attention. At least I haven't unlocked auto fighting yet, so the only auto part is walking between quest locations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rome: Total War is also out, so it'll be both interesting to see what that's like, and terrifying to see a game that wouldn't run on one of my old gaming PCs ticking away on my loving phone.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I just watched an ad for something called Eternal Legend that was literally footage from the new God of War with a lovely mobile UI on top of it. Ridiculous.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Rome: Total War is also out, so it'll be both interesting to see what that's like, and terrifying to see a game that wouldn't run on one of my old gaming PCs ticking away on my loving phone.

It plays really well, but it's definitely on the low PC graphics settings

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Anyone else been playing King of Fighters All Stars? It released a few days ago. The combat is pretty decent for a gacha and there's human pvp which I haven't dipped my toes in but I'm excited to be destroyed by whales.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Anyone else been playing King of Fighters All Stars? It released a few days ago. The combat is pretty decent for a gacha and there's human pvp which I haven't dipped my toes in but I'm excited to be destroyed by whales.

been rerolling for Orochi Iori on-and-off over the last few days, it's a great game but, Netmarble.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Phyresis posted:

Netmarble.

:sever:

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Phyresis posted:

been rerolling for Orochi Iori on-and-off over the last few days, it's a great game but, Netmarble.

It's very Netmarble but if you get Orochi Iroi you get a unit that's still the 3rd best unit even in Japan which is like a year ahead. I'm mostly just enjoying the new car smell for now, hopefully by the time the You Need This Unit To Play banners start rolling out there will be something better to play or god willing I get a brain and stop playing gacha games.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Vhak lord of hate posted:

god willing I get a brain and stop playing gacha games.

Whoa let's not say things we don't mean.

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001
There's basically no chance I'm still going to be playing KOF All Stars a month from now, but I definitely gotta see where they're going with the main story :frogon:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Morpheus posted:

I just watched an ad for something called Eternal Legend that was literally footage from the new God of War with a lovely mobile UI on top of it. Ridiculous.

mobile ads are a wild ride, it's a land of chaos there

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

AFK Arena, since bringing my 5th team member to Ascended, the Arcane Lab has just become such a slog. I don't know what happened, but it's just like certain units have fallen off. Brutus at 220 with full strengthened mythic+ gear with matching element does absolute gently caress all damage at this point. Like went from being a solid member, to doing garbage tier damage. Shemira is starting to fall off and not carry as hard either. I've been looking at dropping one of my mobile games, and I feel like AFKArena is getting to that point now like 6 months in. I don't spend at all in the game, but now that I'm finally at end-game and to see characters still die instantly. Without even firing an ability, just boom dead, 530k life, my Belinda(ascended 2*) is dead instantly at the start of a battle. Like what the hell have I been gearing up for if battles don't even drag out a little bit longer compared to early levels,.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I sort of enjoyed Hearthstone, and really like Elder Scrolls related stuff (I like the lore and all that, plus I'm familiar with the races and geography)... Is The Elder Scrolls Legends worth learning?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I sort of enjoyed Hearthstone, and really like Elder Scrolls related stuff (I like the lore and all that, plus I'm familiar with the races and geography)... Is The Elder Scrolls Legends worth learning?

From everything I've heard its good, just not my bag.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
AFK Arena chat - I've been out of the game for a while but my buddy offered me his account because he wants to quit spending money on it. Good loving lord. Everything is 286, and apparently at some point he was 8th in the world on the arena. I don't want to know what he's put into the game.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I played it for ages and it is good. Well made with interesting mechanics.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

When you say sort of, what do you mean? If you enjoyed the PvP stick with hearthstone. If you want more PvE content, give Legends a go.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Sent a request to join the AFKarena guild, ign: van fem.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Is greater goon accepting for afk arena ATM?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

How are people spending their candies? My inclination is on the angels and devils, since they are so rare, but the faction scrolls seem more efficient.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Mile'ionaha posted:

How are people spending their candies? My inclination is on the angels and devils, since they are so rare, but the faction scrolls seem more efficient.

Faction scrolls have no guarantee you'll get anything useful, so I would just pick a unit you want and save for that. I'm going for Lucius because I just need one more to get mine to Ascended.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Paper Kaiju posted:

Faction scrolls have no guarantee you'll get anything useful, so I would just pick a unit you want and save for that. I'm going for Lucius because I just need one more to get mine to Ascended.

I mean, fodder is always useful, right?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
You guys should really make an AFK thread imo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Since there's now a separate subforum instead of it all being lumped into games, I'd agree that the bar for breaking out discussion into a new thread is now a lot lower.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

cage-free egghead posted:

You guys should really make an AFK thread imo

We have one. You're posting in it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Can't you read? This is the King's Raid thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
For AFK arena, is it worth rerolling for any specific heroes? I have one server with a Nemora and one with a Shemira so far.