Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Didn't the opening statement leak that Sondland was going to testify that there was a quid pro quo but a legal one?

So not quite the slam dunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trump pre-empting SNL every week to make mindless announcements would be the funniest thing he'd ever do I'd think.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
I saw Manhattan last night, and this scene is further proof that the NYT has always been the way it is. (Yes, I know Woody Allen is a monster.)

https://youtu.be/BCb2Le3wtIk

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

bobjr posted:

Trump pre-empting SNL every week to make mindless announcements would be the funniest thing he'd ever do I'd think.

mmmm given the demo breakdown of people that watch tv or even just lagt night tv, this sounds like it would piss off boomers that want to watch their shows.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So are we dead yet?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Natsecjeff/status/1188277689758703618?s=20

Laugh tax:

https://twitter.com/gin_and_tacos/status/1188258966574383105?s=20

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 27, 2019

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

HootTheOwl posted:

So are we dead yet?

We've been in Hell for the past three years

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

FateFree posted:

I wonder if this accidentally tells us how many of his likes are purely bots.
Yup
https://twitter.com/ememess/status/1188257121915166720

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/rvawonk/status/1188105551626067974?s=21

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1188282173343830016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so trump's big boy announcement is that we captured Baghdadi which surely will solve all terrorism.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao can't even be bothered to announce it tonight. needs a nap first. this will leak in like 20 minutes.

then an hour later it'll come out they actually killed the wrong dude.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
if this is anything like our last 15 'we killed/captured baghdadi' announcements they should make sure it isn't just a pillowcase full of straw with a picture of baghdadi stapled on it

Basically every time they suspected someone was selling info they'd leak fake 'baghdadi is here' and use the rapidly ensuing strike to confirm their suspicions about whoever they suspected of spying.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Herstory Begins Now posted:

if this is anything like our last 15 'we killed/captured baghdadi' announcements they should make sure it isn't just a pillowcase full of straw with a picture of baghdadi stapled on it

he wants to release it just in time for the morning shows to jack him off about hey regardless of the crimes, racism, and general obvious dementia he totally got the president of terrorism, because he knows in a few days we'll have to admit it wasn't him

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember when for like five straight years once a month the bush administration would announce another top leader of Al Qaeda or the Taliban was just killed?

They were just murking whomever and claiming "ahh yes this is certainly the blow that will bring this war to a conclusion."

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Why are we assuming this is anything actually good for the country?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Ironically one of the most succesful things the US did in the fight against ISIS before just all-inning our support on the kurds was killing off almost all of their middle management types. There was always someone to replace whatever #3 guy we killed, but replacing competent low level, but still important managers took a really big toll.

saintonan posted:

Assuming you're referencing baghdadi talk, dude is legit one of the very worst humans on the planet

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

saintonan posted:

Nobody thinks it is. It's going to be Trump shoring up his support and giving Republicans a chance to take back messaging. I'd hope it doesn't work but America loves our dead/captured terrorists.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Basically every time they suspected someone was selling info they'd leak fake 'baghdadi is here' and use the rapidly ensuing strike to confirm their suspicions about whoever they suspected of spying.

yeah, also no one really cares in the US(outside pentagon) gives a poo poo if bagadai is dead, i mean its cool and awsome if he got voiped by a drone or something, but this isnt bin laden. though bagdadi probably did more damage in lives and general chud evilness.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

he wants to release it just in time for the morning shows to jack him off about hey regardless of the crimes, racism, and general obvious dementia he totally got the president of terrorism, because he knows in a few days we'll have to admit it wasn't him

hopefully trump will release a camera phone picture of his intel briefing that shows the classified picture of a pillowcase full of straw and a room full of white dudes sitting around looking earnest

bij
Feb 24, 2007

We need to ice Muqtada Bene Al-Tleilax if we really want to do something about all these Al-Baghdadi gholas.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
like yea no poo poo killing or catching Baghdadi would be good since, ya know, ISIS is bad, but functionally speaking removing him from the field just leaves a pretty weak power gap that some other deputy chief of beheading or whatever will step into before any civil war or faction splitting or whatever.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader/status/1186984399264464896?s=19

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader/status/1187087802611179520?s=19

This is a few days old at this point but I don't believe it's been discussed (sorry if I missed it). Can someone who is smarter than me explain this? From reading the comments it seems like the Fed is bailing out parts of the economy without publicly explaining who or why? Is that really unusual, I thought opaqueness was a big part of the #AuditTheFed movement Ron Paul used to go on about?

Edit:

https://twitter.com/dickophrenic/status/1188273640753848320?s=19

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Assuming you're referencing baghdadi talk, dude is legit one of the very worst humans on the planet

He is for sure. I don't think Trump would hold that news for 10 hours though. Seems far more likely to be something that benefits him personally and not the nation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

like yea no poo poo killing or catching Baghdadi would be good since, ya know, ISIS is bad, but functionally speaking removing him from the field just leaves a pretty weak power gap that some other deputy chief of beheading or whatever will step into before any civil war or faction splitting or whatever.

agree but most of the middle mannager types are dead. its mostly fighters and other lower level fuckers now, also probably some cells too. so id say it would be a bigger blow BUT the dream is already dead, least until some new psychopath takes charge.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
They captured Baghdadi's stunt double.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Trump needs his Bin Laden moment so he can continue his attempt to be nega-Obama. He will have somehow accidentally hit the head of greenpeace or something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

agree but most of the middle mannager types are dead. its mostly fighters and other lower level fuckers now, also probably some cells too. so id say it would be a bigger blow BUT the dream is already dead, least until some new psychopath takes charge.

funny enough this would mean a lot more if ISIS still held territory and there was some level of disruption to be used to the day to day reality of claiming territory and all. Right now ISIS is back to being generic guerrilla and super cell based forces so killing the guy at the top will cause a bit of chaos but not much more since your average ISIS dipshit was likely mainly answering to some other dipshit who had little real contact with the leadership structure beyond 'hey, the west? We want to topple that still'.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This feels like the first time he has ever done something like this on a weekend

It’s probably going to be something super dumb like that Barr’s investigation of the Mueller investigation is bringing charges against somebody and therefore Trump’s conspiracy is real

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader/status/1186984399264464896?s=19

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader/status/1187087802611179520?s=19

This is a few days old at this point but I don't believe it's been discussed (sorry if I missed it). Can someone who is smarter than me explain this? From reading the comments it seems like the Fed is bailing out parts of the economy without publicly explaining who or why? Is that really unusual, I thought opaqueness was a big part of the #AuditTheFed movement Ron Paul used to go on about?

Edit:

https://twitter.com/dickophrenic/status/1188273640753848320?s=19

I'm not sure, exactly and am definitely not a money person, but what it looks like is that over the past 20 years, the blue line (which is being referred to as the effective federal funds rate) has been running through the expected business booms and busts, but with every bust, the successive boom's relative max is lower. At the same time, the red line (the personal interest payments) has been following the same boom/bust cycle with each boom getting higher.

What I think is being shown is that the fed is privatizing debt collection (concentrating wealth) at the expense of the public funding. Or, as the tweet you added in the edit says, a move to socialize debts while privatizing profit at a systemic scale, which ... can't keep going because the blue line has no more down to go.

edit: it looks like this has been a thing since at least 1993, as the downward sloping purple line shows. It looks like proof the country is being robbed to me, but I'm 1) no good at this kind of thing and 2) predisposed to think that anyway

Ershalim fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 27, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Super-Id posted:

Trump needs his Bin Laden moment so he can continue his attempt to be nega-Obama. He will have somehow accidentally hit the head of greenpeace or something.

yea this is what it is, the standard lib counter to the "OBAMA WAS WEAK ON TERROR" is always "uuuh who did a super illegal raid to murder Osama and some rando wife?????" so now he gets to say he killed the CEO of ISIS.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Otteration posted:

Trump accuses Obama of treason for ‘spying’ on his 2016 campaign
msn.com/1 day ago
"President Trump has ratcheted up his claim that the Obama White House spied on his 2016 campaign, charging in a new book that it was a “treasonous” act by the former Democratic president."

Donald Trump is inventing new Constitutional powers out of thin air
rawstory.com/5 hours ago
'This week, Trump told an adoring crowd of conservatives, “I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president.” This set the guys who wrote the Constitution and were fearful of the executive branch developing into a monarchy spinning in their graves.'

if Trump has the right to do whatever he wants as President then how was it possible for Obama to commit treason for anything he did? lol

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1188232357167403014

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Ads calling out facebooks stupid policies like this are great and all given how poo poo Facebook is, but like, they’re just going to make more money which is their aim in the first place.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

And when it gets out two days later that actually they didn't get Baghdadi but instead murdered another dozen farmers his mushbrain will lose that fact. Then for the next five years he'll brag about how he personally killed Baghdadi with his very bigly hands.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

funny enough this would mean a lot more if ISIS still held territory and there was some level of disruption to be used to the day to day reality of claiming territory and all. Right now ISIS is back to being generic guerrilla and super cell based forces so killing the guy at the top will cause a bit of chaos but not much more since your average ISIS dipshit was likely mainly answering to some other dipshit who had little real contact with the leadership structure beyond 'hey, the west? We want to topple that still'.

pretty much.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This feels like the first time he has ever done something like this on a weekend

It’s probably going to be something super dumb like that Barr’s investigation of the Mueller investigation is bringing charges against somebody and therefore Trump’s conspiracy is real

is it definitely bagdadi because the news isnt even reporting it?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

"Mike Pence is gay" :bravo:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Strange Poon posted:

if Trump has the right to do whatever he wants as President then how was it possible for Obama to commit treason for anything he did? lol

i am still shocked he hasnt just demanded obama be arrested on twitter or some kinda empty poo poo like that.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ague Proof posted:

They captured Baghdadi's stunt double.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

What would really help is if the #resistance celebs would not give Facebook money