Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

the best possible way to explain the dictatorship of the proletariat I've seen

bash the wreckers, the fascists, the racists and the nationalists into the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Mar 23, 2021

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
drat, the leader of the 2014 umbrella revolution shaking hands with a republican, that sucks

i guess it's time to accept that the hong kong government is doing a fine job and leave them to continue to make decisions that will benefit the hong kong population in peace

and the cops well, some dude shook hands with a guy so I guess the hong kong police dont need any oversight or any regulations to restrict them from doing their jobs, we can trust the higher ups to discipline their own without any meddling.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
The black twitter sub reddit did a thing where to prove you were black to post and the quality improved immediately. We need a blanket ip ban for all americans stop posting in this thread

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Terminal autist posted:

The black twitter sub reddit did a thing where to prove you were black to post and the quality improved immediately. We need a blanket ip ban for all americans stop posting in this thread

looks like the ccp official has arrived, ey folks? eh eh?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Terminal autist posted:

have you considered that perhaps you are a racist?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
obviously, Americans living in China would be excluded from ip ban

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
post your HSK 6 cert or get banned imo

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Terminal autist posted:

r guyovich led the way

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Top City Homo posted:

the best possible way to explain the dictatorship of the proletariat I've seen

bash the wreckers, the fascists, the racists and the nationalists into the ground

gently caress yeah, cops own, up with corporations having literal direct domination of the government, down with the shitheads who think this is bad

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

r guyovich led the way

misread this at first and thought you were blaming guyovich for that time negrotown posters were paper bag testing eah other

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Terminal autist posted:

Mao Zouxdong

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

SHOT

quote:

9:55 a.m. ET, October 24, 2019
China censors CNN's coverage of truck deaths in the UK
From CNN's Lily Lee

Chinese censors on Thursday cut off CNN's coverage of the deaths of 39 Chinese nationals found in a truck in England the day before.

It is not uncommon for China to censor negative or sensitive stories covered by international broadcasters.
https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/essex-bodies-truck-container-dle-intl-gbr/h_4ad66af994831c8be33d6f5a3e86e6cb

CHASER

quote:

WORLD NEWS
OCTOBER 26, 2019 / 3:18 AM / UPDATED 28 MINUTES AGO
Most of 39 UK truck victims were likely from Vietnam: priest

NGHE AN, Vietnam (Reuters) - Most of the 39 people found dead in the back of a truck near London were likely from Vietnam, a community leader from the rural, rice-growing community where many of the victims are believed to have come from said on Saturday.

The bodies were discovered on Wednesday after emergency services were alerted to people in a truck container on an industrial site in Grays, about 32km (20 miles) east of central London.

Police said initially they believed the dead were Chinese but Beijing said the nationalities had not yet been confirmed. Chinese and Vietnamese officials are now both working closely with British police, their respective embassies have said.
Police in the county of Essex declined to elaborate as to how they first identified the dead as Chinese, but said they would not give any more details about the identities or nationalities of the victims until the formal identification process had taken place.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The dead Vietnamese girl who texted went to China in the beginning of Oct and got her fake Chinese passport.

So the people inside the lorry likely all have "Chinese" passports, you just don't know how many are fake.

P.S. this is the only news coming out of UK that's not Brexit in recent memory.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sensitive i get but how is that a negative story was cnn implying that the communist party killed them for retribution or something

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
I wonder how they are gonna explain the british refugees fleeing to china after brexit destroys their country

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

sensitive i get but how is that a negative story was cnn implying that the communist party killed them for retribution or something

probably don't want to spark public outrage at the UK or something.

Healthy Nut Snack
Mar 23, 2016
China - Dead Uyghur Storage

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Where Uyghur one, Uyghur all

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

Where Uyghur one, Uyghur all

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1188127537148387329

:jerkbag:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol rolled my eyes so hard I died :rip:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I would be. You may think “I’m not researching the CCP or testifying in Congress, so I don’t have anything to worry about”. But you don’t really know how that data is being collected and potentially used to shape your opinion and shape your decisions, among other things. Even understanding advertising and consumer preferences can feed into propaganda. Taken together, that can be used to influence an election or feelings about a particular issue.
i hope the CCP reads my grindr messages and feeds that into their propaganda lol :goatsecx:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/GreatFireChina/status/881862122069741569
just saw this from earlier in october. the article doesn't seem to press the uncomfortable implications of this. the chinese word for "comrade" was adopted by the chinese gay community as a term of affection, but xi is bringing it back which is a little awkward. but the HK cable news livestream audience decided to post pride emojis when xi would address soldiers as "comrade" as a way of calling him a queer

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1188290736115994624?s=20

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

GreyjoyBastard posted:

gently caress yeah, cops own, up with corporations having literal direct domination of the government, down with the shitheads who think this is bad

Hk protestors are bad and hk corporate stare is bad too

But China is good

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

hanfu dorks are just the chinese version of dudes wearing top hats, except even more socially shunned

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Just watched The Laundromat on Netflix, I guess the message is the CCP and Xi are cool and good, and Chinese intelligence was the “John Doe” whistleblower behind the Mossack Fonseca hack that led to the Panama Papers? They went after that firm as part of Xi’s anti-corruption campaign, to send a message to the global bourgeois?

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Maybe I'm a little ignorant. But is the take here that their spinning this as purely a China issue, when in reality everyone's spying on you? And that any morally consistent artical would be condemning everyone's spying?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Centrist Committee posted:

Just watched The Laundromat on Netflix, I guess the message is the CCP and Xi are cool and good, and Chinese intelligence was the “John Doe” whistleblower behind the Mossack Fonseca hack that led to the Panama Papers? They went after that firm as part of Xi’s anti-corruption campaign, to send a message to the global bourgeois?

Probably not.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BeijingPalmer/status/1188131886771642368

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PpKA9klZWQ

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Everyday I struggle with my inferior brain's inability to process depth.

Edit: lmao at the multiple answers that boil down to "I don't hate the CCP, I'm actually racist towards Chinese people"

Kassad has issued a correction as of 14:43 on Oct 27, 2019

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

I don’t know how to change this to the English version but clicking around and reading some of the other articles I am to conclude that this is some kind of western propaganda site ran out of UC Berkeley?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sorry, I assumed you could read Chinese. It just details how everything about the Panama Papers was scrubbed off the Chinese internet. I don't think there's an English version. It's a Chinese language site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I have listen to a couple David Goldman think tank talks. He actually can explain the 1B1R strategy clearly from the Chinese angle. As far as non Chinese speaking "China expert" goes, he's done pretty well. He is also very pro Trump and anti China, Trump should have hired him instead of that Navarro idiot.