Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
So, now that the infiltrator sprues are out in stores, can anyone confirm or deny if the helix adept bits are on there or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

So, now that the infiltrator sprues are out in stores, can anyone confirm or deny if the helix adept bits are on there or not?

The sprues are available to view on the webstore, I don’t see them. :/

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 26, 2019

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Two Beans posted:

It was. Dude also asked if I used non-Citadel paints, and if I did to just keep it quiet.

Store is incredibly tiny too, and I didn't see much terrain being used. As I said before, I was spoiled by GW Springfield where they'd let me pile 3 grand worth of house terrain on a table.

Yeah, that store is really too small for anything but 1 game of kill team, 2 would probably feel crowded. I’ve mostly stopped going there unless I want to pick up a store exclusive model, the independent game stores in the area are much better.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
I got a lore question. So presumably Cawl made some salamander primaris dudes, too. Did he get guys from Nocturne to experiment on, or did he just use random guys with a salamander gene seed? Im wondering if those first primaris would have the jet black salamander skin or normal human skin or some other third option. Just wondering if there is some official lore on this or if its just "no one at GW likes salamanders and we feel embarassed about the black skin thing please stop asking".

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

There's a rumour that the two halves of the Shadowspear box will soon be released as Start Collecting boxes. It makes sense as there are several unit options in there not covered by separate kits; helix adept, suppressors and several Daemonkin units.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

xtothez posted:

There's a rumour that the two halves of the Shadowspear box will soon be released as Start Collecting boxes. It makes sense as there are several unit options in there not covered by separate kits; helix adept, suppressors and several Daemonkin units.

Considering the leaked release list has entries for Start Collecting Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines that is probably the case.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hellburger99 posted:

I got a lore question. So presumably Cawl made some salamander primaris dudes, too. Did he get guys from Nocturne to experiment on, or did he just use random guys with a salamander gene seed? Im wondering if those first primaris would have the jet black salamander skin or normal human skin or some other third option. Just wondering if there is some official lore on this or if its just "no one at GW likes salamanders and we feel embarassed about the black skin thing please stop asking".

Well, based on Dark Imperium, the Primaris candidates were taken from their First Founding homeworlds. Justinian the Novamarine came from Ultramar and needed a memory dump to learn about the Novamarine homeworld, Bjarni the Wolfspear was pissed that he'd been assigned to a brand new Primaris chapter instead of going home to Fenris to join the Space Wolves the way he wanted.

Therefore it's reasonable to assume that Salamander Primars would indeed be from Nocturne.

What's more interesting are the guys still in stasis who trace themselves back to the Traitor Legion geneseeds that Cawl wants to use but that Bobby G won't let him...including from the missing II and XI Legions.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Painted up the new plastic BATTLE GRANNY I was so generously given at NoVA.

https://twitter.com/NeonMentor/status/1187949634108432384?s=20

Did intend to go drop it off at the competition today but life got in the way. That was a good sleepless night spent :shepface:

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

or her pooch!
"

jng2058 posted:

Well, based on Dark Imperium, the Primaris candidates were taken from their First Founding homeworlds. Justinian the Novamarine came from Ultramar and needed a memory dump to learn about the Novamarine homeworld, Bjarni the Wolfspear was pissed that he'd been assigned to a brand new Primaris chapter instead of going home to Fenris to join the Space Wolves the way he wanted.

Therefore it's reasonable to assume that Salamander Primars would indeed be from Nocturne.

What's more interesting are the guys still in stasis who trace themselves back to the Traitor Legion geneseeds that Cawl wants to use but that Bobby G won't let him...including from the missing II and XI Legions.

Thanks! So it still begs the question, do salamanders get their mutated skin if they aren't on Nocturn when they get their gene seed? Because supposedly their skin turns black because of the planet's radiation. I realize I'm thinking about this too hard, but I am looking for a slightly cannonical reason to not give all my primaris troops jet black skin. I'll probably just do whatever and wave away as "something sonething Cawl's interference" because I'd rather have some skin tone varations with my troops.

On an unrelated note, what are the odds on the 9th edition rumors being true? That is that it's going to be an updated core book released next summer but stilk uses the current edition codicies.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Hellburger99 posted:

Thanks! So it still begs the question, do salamanders get their mutated skin if they aren't on Nocturn when they get their gene seed? Because supposedly their skin turns black because of the planet's radiation. I realize I'm thinking about this too hard, but I am looking for a slightly cannonical reason to not give all my primaris troops jet black skin. I'll probably just do whatever and wave away as "something sonething Cawl's interference" because I'd rather have some skin tone varations with my troops.

On an unrelated note, what are the odds on the 9th edition rumors being true? That is that it's going to be an updated core book released next summer but stilk uses the current edition codicies.

I’d say skin-tone variation among Primaris units is fine. As it goes with most army choices, those that would complain about it won’t be anyone you’ll want to play with anyway.

I highly doubt we’ll see 9th for a while. The Chapter Approved annuals are their way of resolving ongoing rule/balance issues and introducing tweaks to prolong the current system.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hellburger99 posted:

Eh, you can paint your guys however you want, no one's going to really care. :shrug:

As far as 9th edition goes, I dunno, I've heard the same rumors but that may just be because its been about as long between 7th and 8th as 8th itself has been out so people are feeling it's about time. That said, even if there is a 9th edition on the horizon, I'd suspect it'll be a soft reboot like the switch from 3rd to 4th where all the old codexes are still usable and the rules aren't all that different, not the big leap that you had from say 2nd to 3rd, or 7th to 8th. A few minor changes, some clean-ups, but nothing radical. This has been the most popular edition in years, after all, and they've got every incentive not to kill the golden goose.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Does forge world or any 3rd parties make terminator/terminator-style bionic limbs?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

Does forge world or any 3rd parties make terminator/terminator-style bionic limbs?

Anvil Industry have them suitable for both humans and marines.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Z the IVth posted:

Anvil Industry have them suitable for both humans and marines.

Terminator like the movie Terminator or terminator like tactical dreadnought armour? I meant the 40k terminators, lol, arms or legs specifically.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 26, 2019

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellburger99 posted:

Thanks! So it still begs the question, do salamanders get their mutated skin if they aren't on Nocturn when they get their gene seed? Because supposedly their skin turns black because of the planet's radiation.

Any primaris marine wearing actual Salamanders colors spent some time on Nocturne; if they were first gen Indomitus Crusade marines, they went to Nocturne whenever their detachment of Salamanders-derived greyshields was sent off to join the father chapter

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Terminator like the movie Terminator or terminator like tactical dreadnought armour? I meant the 40k terminators, lol, arms or legs specifically.

This does give me the idea that Necron limbs could be used for bionic arms and legs with a little work.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Is there a goon here who is both building an Iron Hands army and having a hard time affording the hobby?

If so, I bought the Primaris upgrade kit today and have no need of the pauldrons with the hand insignia. Send me a pm and I can put them in an envelope for you!

It comes with 18 pads and 2 shields, if two people pm me I can always split it.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Aushams, where's a good place to buy 40k stuff online here.

I've found mperor.cc who seem pretty good on prices and shipping, is there anywhere else that's worth looking at?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

hooman posted:

I've found mperor.cc who seem pretty good on prices and shipping, is there anywhere else that's worth looking at?

Emerald Hobbies and Collectables. 20% off RRP and 10 bux flat rate shipping.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

They're just generic bionics. Their 'marine' versions will fit with power armour.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

hooman posted:

Big Willy Style posted:

Emerald Hobbies and Collectables. 20% off RRP and 10 bux flat rate shipping.

^Seconding this. Mighty Ape is great as well.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I was having trouble deciding how to re-paint some crusaders that have never seen the table so I decided to use them as a testbed for learning some blending and gradients in different colors. About halfway in I realized I had essentially made Inquisitorial Power Rangers

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

goose willis posted:

If the Emperor had no issue using his sons like chess pieces and knew Horus was beyond all saving with all four Chaos gods pumping into him why didn't he just kill the guy outright the moment they met on the ship

The old lore was that Big E was reluctant to kill Horus as he was his (favorite) general son, but when Horus killed Sanginius and Guardsmen Ollanius Pius that one Terminator that one Adeptus Custodes, he realized Horus was beyond saving, and zapped him and his soul into non-existence.

As RagnarokAngel said, the Horus Heresy book series revamped it where the Emperor just sort of saw the Primarchs as tools to lead the Great Crusade, so the Siege of Terra series will hopefully fill in the blank as to the reason why the Emperor doesn't obliterate Horus.

From what I've read about Master of Mankind, though, the way the Emperor is portrayed in that book (I haven't read it myself yet) maybe isn't meant to be taken as gospel as to what he's like; rather just how he's viewed from the perspectives of different people. There's one story featuring Malcador, where he tells his dying friend/assistant/realtor about how the whole Heresy was orchestrated, but then he laters says that he lied about it, so...? :shrug:

A better question to ask is why the Chaos Gods didn't just dump the Primarchs into a black hole instead of scattering across the galaxy; or why the Emperor didn't pick up on how Erebus and Kor Phaeron still worshipped Chaos, and were planning to corrupt Lorgar; or why after Ullanor, the Emperor didn't just say to all the Primarchs, "Hey, so I'm gonna go back to Terra to build a Webway thing so we don't have to use the warp to travel anymore, and risk being consumed by Chaos, which is the reason I've been pushing this whole atheism thing. Have fun with the rest of the crusade :)"

Two Beans posted:

I moved from Northern Virginia, where I was spoiled by the incredibly chill Springfield GW store, to the NC Triangle. My first time in the Raleigh store here convinced me never to return. Manager there basically said he doesn't want Forge World in his store because he can't sell them there.

Did he say why he couldn't sell it? Seems odd that he would ban Forge World stuff., since it is part of GW. Is it some kind of issue where they can only order things to be shipped to the store, and can't collect home address information?

As far as my personal experience with GW goes, I've not had any real conflicts, but the guy who runs the store that I go to has always seemed very aloof and unfriendly. In the handful of times I've been in there to buy paint/models, he's always given off this attitude of 'please just buy something and leave so I don't have to deal with your dumb rear end'. In turn, I tend to leave the store feeling bad.

As a disclaimer, though, that could just be me being overly self-conscious. I also worked retail for three years, and it wears on you, so I don't really hold it against him that strongly. In fact, the last time I was in there was for Warhammer Day, and he seemed a good deal more friendly then he had previously (he also, by his admission, had far more people in the store at once than he ever previously had.)

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

hooman posted:

Emerald hobbies or vault games my Ausbro. I have been using both for years and if they don’t have it you just send them an email and they can’t get it in the very next week. Their discount is solid and cheap postage.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hooman posted:

If you're in NSW, i've been using gamesempire and tabletopempires. Emerald is in QLD, if that matters at all. Otherwise, just trawl eBay for deals but be mindful of GST, as it applies AFTER shipping cost.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I just threw some numbers into Battlescribe. If I paint up everything I currently have built or primed, and get my boy count to 90, I'll have over 2000 points. That's a dakkajet, a trukk, a traktor kannon, a weirdboy, a big mek with SAG, and 36 more boyz. That feels really doable at this point.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Giant Isopod posted:

I was having trouble deciding how to re-paint some crusaders that have never seen the table so I decided to use them as a testbed for learning some blending and gradients in different colors. About halfway in I realized I had essentially made Inquisitorial Power Rangers

Lol I love this.

The question is, what role does Inquisitor Karamzov play? Presumably he's the big fighting robot

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Thanks very much Aushams! :glomp:

I will check them all out.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kitchner posted:

Lol I love this.

The question is, what role does Inquisitor Karamzov Karamzord play? Presumably he's the big fighting robot

FTFY

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

Giant Isopod posted:

I think you need Rita Repulsor next

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

JackMann posted:

I just threw some numbers into Battlescribe. If I paint up everything I currently have built or primed, and get my boy count to 90, I'll have over 2000 points. That's a dakkajet, a trukk, a traktor kannon, a weirdboy, a big mek with SAG, and 36 more boyz. That feels really doable at this point.

Doesn't that feel great? I'm two Repulsors and three Librarians away from 2K myself.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Giant Isopod posted:

Rano Pano posted:

I think you need Rita Repulsor next

Get a pair of orks, and name them Bulk and Skull.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
“At last, after 10,000 years I’m free! Time to conquer Earth!” - Roboute “Rita” Guilliman

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Just some tac marines:

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

or her pooch!
"

R0ckfish posted:

Just some tac marines:

Those look great! I’ve been using your flames as inspiration for my own salamanders. Maybe once I get all of Know No Fear painted I’ll post them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh man I've got a Salamanders aggressor 99% finished but I don't have the varnish or anything for a proper transfer application. :(

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

xtothez posted:

This is supposedly GW's release list for the rest of 2019. The rumour is that it was sent to a South American distributor who has to order much further in advance. The Coming Soon article on Sunday should prove or disprove it.

Today's Coming Soon matches this almost perfectly, so the rest should be legit

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

hooman posted:

Is that a US-based site? If so those prices are a touch high

e: must be AUD

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
mperor.cc and gamesempire are my go-to’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Max Wilco posted:

Did he say why he couldn't sell it? Seems odd that he would ban Forge World stuff., since it is part of GW. Is it some kind of issue where they can only order things to be shipped to the store, and can't collect home address information?

I think it was a "don't bring things to the store and make people want them if I can't get my commission" thing with him.

But being that the store is a 30min drive from my house anyway, my giveashit just isn't there to complain to GW Corporate.