Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Charliegrs posted:

Well the current marketing of "US spec ops helping the totally not Kurds in a civil war" is seriously lolworthy in light of recent events. Also it's great because of how popular Call of Duty is with young chuds.

i dont even think chuds even like cod anymore. probably to mainstream or some poo poo. at least with the alt right. they just hate all games now because of "sjw/jews" influence in western gaming or some poo poo anyway. i thought the campaign was ok/good for what it was. but i like that sorta poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Whatever they announce, I believe exactly none of it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

Whatever they announce, I believe exactly none of it

pretty much. plus trump will gently caress up the announcement anyway. the fact that he is pushing it off to 9 am shows he doesnt give a gently caress.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

It takes time to print a picture of the body big enough to rival the Mission Accomplished banner.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

1337JiveTurkey posted:

It takes time to print a picture of the body big enough to rival the Mission Accomplished banner.

id laugh my rear end off if its just a power point of a looping gif of the Spec ops go pro footage of him getting shot. while trump just beams on.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dapper_Swindler posted:

but hasnt he been reported dead like 5 times now. like on the news and everything. also i feel like trump will gently caress this one up too.

Literally more than five times lol

E: lmao no way they got Baghdadi, quote this post when he appears on video in a few weeks

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
They'll probably play "footage of the spec ops firefight with AlBaghdadi" and it will turn out to be an old gopro video of an airsoft tournament

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Where’s the Baghdadi “I have evidence that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton” tweet?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump will thank the embedded source that gave up the info but mangle the name so badly it will be impossible to identify him and the news will hail him as a hero for protecting such an important asset.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Delthalaz posted:

Where’s the Baghdadi “I have evidence that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton” tweet?

They were his last words before detonating.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

What would really help is if the #resistance celebs would not give Facebook money

What would really help is if people stopped using Instagram and Facebook.

Edit: and messenger, and WhatsApp.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 27, 2019

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Ague Proof posted:

They were his last words before detonating.

Hillary Clinton killed him to keep the truth from getting out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Super-Id posted:

Hillary Clinton killed him to keep the truth from getting out.

clinton sniped him from a window just as he got the words out.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

clinton sniped him from a window just as he got the words out.

“Who is B’Hatr Imales?”

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"Some people say Bagdaddy was really behind 9/11, even bigger than Bin Laden" *stated as absolute fact by second telling*

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
:thunk: you decide!

Edit nevermind there’s a ducking corpse in the first tweet

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

"Some people say Bagdaddy was really behind 9/11, even bigger than Bin Laden" *stated as absolute fact by second telling*

i mean, he kinda was bigger than bin laden in scope. i mean he created a hell state for awhile pulled off all sorts of attacks and hosed up acts of terror. its just he never hit the US and most people only remember bin laden because 9/11.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skylined! posted:

:thunk: you decide!

Edit nevermind there’s a ducking corpse in the first tweet

so they loving bombed it? because that must of been a hell of vest if not.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so they loving bombed it? because that must of been a hell of vest if not.

@mhdaghanem claiming to have footage of the site. warning it is graphic.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

One thing that really sticks out about this is that it's supposedly in Idlib. That's run by a different Salafist faction that would be perfectly happy to execute him on live television. There's just so many issues with how the hell he'd get there, how he'd hide there without getting caught, how a foreign country would find him before the locals did that something's going on.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Kafka Esq. posted:

It is pitch black. You are likely to be compromised by a GRU.

I smell a Trumpus!
Bats nearby.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I remember when the Bin Laden raid happened Obama went on TV that night to announce it. It was pretty late too I think. Because gently caress waiting to announce it, and he didn't need any drat fanfare either. He walked out into an empty hall and podium, made a simple statement and that was it.

You know drat well Trump is going to make a fuckin spectacle of it tomorrow because he's completely devoid of class.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Here's one thing I don't get. So all the insurance company lobbies are of course against free healthcare for all. But why aren't all the big medical lobbies seeing big dollar signs at the idea of grifting the government for full healthcare for every single poor person in the country that couldn't afford it before?

Should've they be throwing money at this?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Trump will probably say he personally planned and led the raid and flew the whirleycopter himself and did everything perfectly

I mean he's already claimed he captured ISIS so

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JasonWhitely/status/1188351589892984832

Reset the clock.

There's already video purported to be the aftermath on twitter.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Eschenique posted:

Here's one thing I don't get. So all the insurance company lobbies are of course against free healthcare for all. But why aren't all the big medical lobbies seeing big dollar signs at the idea of grifting the government for full healthcare for every single poor person in the country that couldn't afford it before?

I don't know for sure, but my guess is theres probably a lot more money in the private system. Also for these companies the current system works great for them (and screws over the people) they're making boatloads of money so why change?

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Eschenique posted:

From the doctors perspectives, reducing costs for medical treatments all round doesn't make sense because they've dropped a quarter of a million in student debt in becoming doctors. If they're sufficiently scared public healthcare would mean 80k salaries suddenly that investment wouldn't be worth it.

There's also a business fear of the unknown. The current system is an unworkable mess but chasing will require massive operational and systemic changes, the effects of which on the individual level are uncertain. Experienced administrators might suddenly find they're redundant or that the newer, cheaper hire is now equally experienced with the new system. Likewise if there's a strong level of kick backs and bonuses from price seeing with insurance companies and pharma, there may be strong individual incentive to not make huge changes.

You also can't ignore the effect of pharma/insurance lobbying on the rest of the industry. Doctors and hospitals are almost as susceptible to scare tactics as the rest of the population. At a high enough level companies may see the potential benefit but be too scared of all these risks they keep being told about to want to lobby for it.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonWhitely/status/1188351589892984832

Reset the clock.

There's already video purported to be the aftermath on twitter.

Yeah, going on twitter is a bad idea right now.

At this point the clock feels permanently stuck at 0. I already see it becoming normalized.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Eschenique posted:

Depends on which aspect of the medical side of the system you're talking about.

Hospitals won't be able to just straight up grift the government, because the government will only pay X amount for a treatment. In the current system they make up a number, then they negotiate with insurance companies to bring that number down.

Doctors working as an employee don't know how this will effect their salary. Many of them still have substantial debt from paying for college and med school, so anything that disrupts the current system is a risk without a tangible reward.

Doctors with their own practice are looking at saving a lot of money from not having to deal with the different paperwork and hoops that each insurance company makes them jump through. They'll be able to cut staffing by not needing to pay someone to just deal with the insurance paperwork.

People whose job is dealing with the paper work for hospitals and doctors offices are looking at a catastrophic impact to their particular industry. There will still likely be positions to deal with the Medicare paperwork, but they will be massively fewer in number than currently.

Plus, since each Democratic candidate has a different plan to fix the healthcare situation, there isn't much incentive to come out in favor of a plan that may never materialize. The smarter thing to do is to wait until someone is actually nominated and there's a definite plan to either rail against or try and compromise.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

LegendaryFrog posted:

Yeah, going on twitter is a bad idea right now.

At this point the clock feels permanently stuck at 0. I already see it becoming normalized.

Some chud told me recently that mass shootings don't happen in gun free zones. Then I think about how many shootings happen in Texas.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

My father was a doctor before he was finally forced to retire due to early onset dementia. He went into family medicine, and when he started out, he was pretty gung-ho against the idea of government healthcare. Over time, however, he became more and more convinced that his initial position was wrong, and the last time we talked about it he made it clear he believes Medicare For All is not only a good thing, but absolutely necessary. He also developed a very healthy hatred of insurance companies, and that was well before his disability insurance attempted to screw him over because he tried and ultimately failed to start working again.

Pretty sure my dad's always been a democrat though. Now my mom, a lifetime republican (although she's never been big into politics, it was largely cultural) who only started voting democratic in 2012 with some hefty persuasion, is 100% aboard the healthcare as a human right train in 2019. They both absolutely despise Trump (my father has a hard time remembering names now, so Trump was, and remains, "The Baby Man").

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

The Super-Id posted:

Ads calling out facebooks stupid policies like this are great and all given how poo poo Facebook is, but like, they’re just going to make more money which is their aim in the first place.

Nah, medicare has oversight and consistent pay scales for procedures. It's completely different from the private insurance system where there can be negotiation on payment. It's also important to remember that profit margins for insurance companies are capped, and so the only way to increase profit is for them to also increase revenue. This ends up short-circuiting the market because you have situations where both sides of the transaction actually want the price to be higher. This is what has inflated the healthcare bubble in the US.

Hospitals send insane bills to insurance companies that then get whittled down to whatever the insurance company needs to pay to stay under the profit cap. It's always a higher price than medicare. A similar kind of broken incentive fuels the student loan bubble with lenders and universities both seeking higher and higher outlays.

On the one hand conservatives would say this is why government shouldn't have gotten involved in these industries. I think it's more realistic to say that neoliberalism is a failure and you can't do these market-based half-measures in the current system. They always lead to weird incentives and bubbles. Single payer for both healthcare and education makes the most sense.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Barring further info I'd take some really crazy odds that they didn't get baghdadi, though certainly anything is possible

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...d127_story.html

my dad emailed me this, and I replied that Rahm Emmanuel should step off the stage if he's just going to write centrist garbage, and that while I think there's a real chance Trump gets reelected in 2020 it's got a lot more to do with the zuck/dorsey/Fox RWM machine than with dems trying to push the Overton Window on healthcare

i spent like seven paragraphs making that point, tho. maybe he'll stop sending me op eds

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Charliegrs posted:

Some chud told me recently that mass shootings don't happen in gun free zones. Then I think about how many shootings happen in Texas.

Wait why would a chud argue that? wouldn't that make imposing gun-free zones a desirable outcome?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Failed Imagineer posted:

Wait why would a chud argue that? wouldn't that make imposing gun-free zones a desirable outcome?

Maybe they messed up and thought they were talking about a gun-freedom zone?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

Mass shootings as a means of punishing people you perceive to have wronged you are basically a feature not a bug of the status quo. It's why like 1/2 to 3/4 of mass shootings are just some dipshit shooting his ex wife and a couple kids and her new husband

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Mass shootings as a means of punishing people you perceive to have wronged you are basically a feature not a bug of the status quo. It's why like 1/2 to 3/4 of mass shootings are just some dipshit shooting his ex wife and a couple kids and her new husband

sure, but that's not usually a line of chud argument

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
There's always a tweet

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1188302986558279680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Charliegrs posted:

I remember when the Bin Laden raid happened Obama went on TV that night to announce it. It was pretty late too I think. Because gently caress waiting to announce it, and he didn't need any drat fanfare either. He walked out into an empty hall and podium, made a simple statement and that was it.

You know drat well Trump is going to make a fuckin spectacle of it tomorrow because he's completely devoid of class.

Obligatory:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=guM2o_zG36o