Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I’ll check out a What Happened if the subject piques my interest, and enjoy it well enough, but it’s not usually the sort of content I seek out.

Matt’s recent LPs with Liam have been killer though. That’s the sort of content that keeps me logging on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Roach Warehouse posted:

I’ll check out a What Happened if the subject piques my interest, and enjoy it well enough, but it’s not usually the sort of content I seek out.

I will have to retry a new LP because his early ones put me off but maybe he has cleaned up.

I think what puts me off about what happened and his other edited content is that it feels very artificial. Like, we've spent years knowing he is an awkward shy dweeb who leans into his own awkwardness for comedy, and his edited content has erased all that personality in exchange for sounding like video game YouTube review guy #833829

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I love anything he does with Liam and I've warmed up to his solo gameplay videos with all the new Matt's Nightmares, but stuff like Wha Happen doesn't have much appeal to me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Matt to me will always be the guy who semi ironically followed Hitomi Tanaka for years until she responded and then he got super nervous and then played mario kart with her while clearly being super scared about coming off weird

Thata the best Matt

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Captain Invictus posted:

it was a lot better when paige would be on most streams and they'd bicker and mock each other most of the time, but she's apparently been particularly unwell lately and also is moving back to the US so hasn't been on much.

Sounds like Elmo's time to shine

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

So this is apparently a thing that will soon exist. Expectations for it being any good, not so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxTSU3cWFTc

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The true stars of Super Best Friends was Zack and Elmo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Capn Beeb posted:

Sounds like Elmo's time to shine
I was actually curious whether elmo would stay with pat or go with paige, probably better to stay with pat, someone who doesn't have the potential to be hospitalized on a whim?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
In my experience the best option for a cat is to move them around as little as possible. Cats fuckin' hate change.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I had no idea about the Paige stuff until I saw her twitter and idk it just seems really weird that she's going back to the states considering how long the relationship had been going on.

Then again I don't know the details of their personal lives and I'm in no position to pass judgement.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
from the videos relatively recently I've seen with the two of them, things seem pretty much the same between them, or they're really great at hiding it. But from what I recall she never actually moved to canada, and I think Pat would need to marry her to fast track citizenship or something?

it seems weird especially considering her health issues and american healthcare now, but I guess they've figured something out that's good for them.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
She's been in canada on visas until now I'm pretty sure yeah.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Holy poo poo Matt's Drunken Bloodborne Lore video is unwatchable.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Archenteron posted:

Yeah, it is extremely not loving good at all.

I think every single Let's Player saw C&I's Drunk Metal Gear series and thought "I bet I could catch that lightning in a bottle again", when that only worked through a perfect storm of bring extremely knowledgeable about the subject, having great chemistry to bounce off each other and not being THAT drunk.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Captain Invictus posted:

It seems weird especially considering her health issues and american healthcare now, but I guess they've figured something out that's good for them.

Seriously, unless something's gone really wrong I don't know how you wouldn't fight tooth and nail to stay away from the US as a sick person.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Seriously, unless something's gone really wrong I don't know how you wouldn't fight tooth and nail to stay away from the US as a sick person.

Indeed, it leaves us all wondering

How can this be?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

You two must be new here, I'd like to introduce you to Pat and Paige, they are not very smart :v:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

somepartsareme posted:

I love anything he does with Liam and I've warmed up to his solo gameplay videos with all the new Matt's Nightmares, but stuff like Wha Happen doesn't have much appeal to me

I enjoy Wha' Happun, if there's something for there to have actually, uh, Happun-ed. I think even Matt kinda regrets the Fallout 76 one since all that happened there was... Bethesda. There's no real story there AND he missed out on the increasing train wreck of the solo subscriptions and God knows what else down the line.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dawgstar posted:

I enjoy Wha' Happun, if there's something for there to have actually, uh, Happun-ed. I think even Matt kinda regrets the Fallout 76 one since all that happened there was... Bethesda. There's no real story there AND he missed out on the increasing train wreck of the solo subscriptions and God knows what else down the line.

There are several Wha Happun videos (Fallout 76, Anthem, MvCI) where he has no inside information or developer insight at all so it's just him reading off news articles and forum posts speculating things and they're all three really rough.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Captain Invictus posted:

from the videos relatively recently I've seen with the two of them, things seem pretty much the same between them, or they're really great at hiding it. But from what I recall she never actually moved to canada, and I think Pat would need to marry her to fast track citizenship or something?

it seems weird especially considering her health issues and american healthcare now, but I guess they've figured something out that's good for them.

I had a buddy up in Canada who's boss desperately wanted to hire me, but Canadian law dictated that the position had to be filled by a resident first otherwise there were Severe Penalties. Wait time for me to meet criteria to work for him was seven years. It's surprisingly hard to become a citizen, even marriage doesn't expedite it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

and not being THAT drunk.

this is literally the secret to all the Drunk (x) things including Drunk History. Like, get drunk, for sure don't fake it like a loser, but just get to that first stage of drunk where the filter turns off but you're still able to do things.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When did all of you who now hate Pat start hating pat?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I listened to the whole podcast and as exasperating as it was hearing Pat be a shithead to Woolie about genre conventions and whatever stupid poo poo that was with the Astral Chain save I find him talking about his hatred for combo building and his perspective on what he gets out of fighting games to be a little depressing.

That aside, a lot of what Pat is saying about Indivisible and a lot of what I'm seeing in Woolie's LP really seems to match up. This story is not being amazingly built and for as cool as some characters are it really feels like every bit of the plot justifies moving from new character you get to new character you get without meaningfully establishing anything in between. These fights also seem like they take way longer than they should and if Pat's right about Anja being the only character who actually progresses mechanically then that kinda sucks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She is the only one who gets new moves, mostly. There is, for example, a gunslinger you meet who is keeping the sixth bullet in his revolver saved for the man who betrayed him, but after you kill that guy, it unlocks all six slots in the revolver which is a nice touch.

As for storywise...ajna definitely isn't the only person who gets significant character change over the course of things. I'm doing the "loyalty" quests right now before heading to finish the game and most of them have been really great. Razmi's is of course one of the best because she is the best character in the game

I won't deny the game has flaws(some characters are just too complex vs the simplicity of the combat in general, better ui/map/movelists needed, ability to move between save points should be a thing in late fame because some of the terrain is massive and has a lot of traversal time) but they're by no means game breaking to me. It's a shame pat got frustrated so quickly.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I still think about how much of a bummer it is that the breakup meant they couldn't finish the Star Trek LP.

That was good as hell.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Honestly my growing distaste for Pat was partially the Paige stuff and partially it becoming clear that he doesn't actually give a poo poo whether or not he produces entertaining content and is happy just coasting by doing the bare minimum while collecting money from the worst refugees from the SBFP fanbase who want to watch him air out his weird loving relationship issues on a stream.

Also poo poo like tweeting at Liam about playing Warframe together despite Woolie saying there's no way Pat didn't know that Liam wasn't his friend anymore, meaning the only reason he possibly would have done that is to make things look "normal" for the fans. Weird, manipulative poo poo.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm watching Pat play Outer Worlds and he's my moral compass for navigating corporatism. :kiddo:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Matt to me will always be the guy who semi ironically followed Hitomi Tanaka for years until she responded and then he got super nervous and then played mario kart with her while clearly being super scared about coming off weird

Thata the best Matt

:yeah:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

it becoming clear that he doesn't actually give a poo poo whether or not he produces entertaining content and is happy just coasting by doing the bare minimum while collecting money from the worst refugees from the SBFP fanbase who want to watch him air out his weird loving relationship issues on a stream.

Thata certainly a take

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A girl saw me walking to class and she asked me what song I was listening to that had me in such a great mood. I just said a podcast, I didn't tell her I was chortling over a red headed gremlin's ISP stories.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like Pat a lot but he can get on my nerves sometimes. After The Break-Up I felt really bad for Woolie and came out of it not really feeling much towards Liam and Matt. Of all the content the four of them produce the podcast is still the most entertaining.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Roach Warehouse posted:

Matt’s recent LPs with Liam have been killer though. That’s the sort of content that keeps me logging on.

Agreed. Both the Sonic 2006 and Clocktower 3 LPs have been excellent.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Archenteron posted:

That reminds me.... Wasn't Matt sort of drunk seeming on a lot of the podcasts at/near the ending? Or was it earlier on where people kept commenting on that? Makes me wonder if being drunk was the only way he could sit in a room with Pat for 2-3 hours at a time at that point. Didn't they used to have some thing about Pat always drinking too much? Or am I just remembering wrong due to Matt's Halloween Party video where Pat showed up already drinking?

The marathon of talking about Indivisible last week just reminded me of how everyone was so excited when that game was being funded.... and I just never could muster up any interest in it. Pat bouncing off of it* is pretty much all I need at this point to not bother looking in to the game.

*(Too be honest he and everyone could praise it and I probably still wouldn't bother... It just did not grab me at all during the demo and funding stage.)

Spikegal posted:

I like Pat a lot but he can get on my nerves sometimes-

I miss when everything he did was "holy poo poo is Pat a real human?" like when he threw away all his canned and frozen food because he saw a beetle. Or his incredibly unsettling "Pat Stares At" LP when he apparently couldn't get them to immediately record with him. It's too bad "How hath God blighted Pat this week?" never became some kind of segment of him breaking.

MaxDuo fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 30, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Matt was drunk as gently caress even in stuff where pat wasn't involved if I remember right.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The running idea I've gone with for why Matt was a lot more smashed and just coasting near the end was that aside from probably the group tension, his mom had a big stroke and was hospital-stuck right around that same time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

The running idea I've gone with for why Matt was a lot more smashed and just coasting near the end was that aside from probably the group tension, his mom had a big stroke and was hospital-stuck right around that same time.

Yeah that's what I heard too. Mostly his mom in the hospital more than anything.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Yeah I remember Matt being liquored up for a loooong time, didn't know his mom had a stroke though :smith:

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Honestly mostly just watch Pat now post-SBF because he fills the niche of someone casually playing recently released games I'm interested in while bullshitting that I can just put on in the background while I'm doing other stuff. That's how I watch most LPs anyway.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I do hope this comes out today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxTSU3cWFTc

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

It did!

https://twitter.com/Remerai/status/1189963730945265665?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I couldn't find anything to do after talking to Pat. I tried interacting with everything and punching most things, but alas.