Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Also Kotoge is a junior in NOAH again. He went down a weight class after quitting Kongoh.

Well that explains it. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I love this pic a lot

https://twitter.com/mocchy_117/status/1188358428621557760?s=20

2 of the best.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mocchy looks incredible for being 50 in January

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Mocchy looks incredible for being 50 in January

Shinjiro Otani is the picture of Dorian Gray for all the old man wrestlers in Japan.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TriffTshngo posted:

I can't tell whether the people in the replies who just think it's a lazy design are too pure to notice how flagrantly offensive it is or if they're just racists themselves and are willfully ignoring it.

If you were talking to a person in real life, you'd probably have 50-50 odds. On Twitter though? It's at least 95% the latter option.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It took me a bit to get why it was racist and not just ugly/lame. It's kinda horrible, actually, because it just set off this vague "something looks...off" feeling until I realized it was pretty much a ministrel cartoon smile.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Holy gently caress that shirt is dreadful.... also it's a sad indictment that I literally didn't know that was ACH because Jordan Myles is such a nothing, stupid loving awful goddamn empty name.

Didn't he pick that name? An I imagining it or didn't he say its supposed to be a mashup of Michael Jordan and Miles Morales?

Either way that shirt is horrific and I'm not looking forward to having even more conversations with white people about how blackface is, in fact racist (thanks, Justin Trudeau!)

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't he pick that name? An I imagining it or didn't he say its supposed to be a mashup of Michael Jordan and Miles Morales?

I mean that would be rather unsurprising since I think he might just suck at coming up with names. ACH is literally just his real initials.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah ACH picked his name.

Anyway, I feel very bad for him. Conscious and unconscious racism has been a reoccurring factor in his career. When all he wants to do is entertain and be a role model for kids and stuff.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Given how quickly those shirts are made, I get it: Myles rhymes with Smiles, and that was probably the total amount of thought put into it. Hopefully that poo poo gets taken down.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status/1188297337392828417

https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status/1188392537461010432

https://twitter.com/jim_assoun/status/1188276374542475265

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The worst part is I bet ACH just delayed his next appearance on NXT TV by like 6 months by calling that poo poo out for what it was.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m really trying to figure out what they were even attempting on that ACH shirt. At first I was thinking maybe the Naruto Headband he will wear, but man that shirt is bad. Like it has to be racist because it says literally nothing about who he is as a wrestler. He’s not known for a big smile or anything, so like why would they even make that if not for some racist poo poo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

The worst part is I bet ACH just delayed his next appearance on NXT TV by like 6 months by calling that poo poo out for what it was.

Or one big "see everything is ok" appearance next week and then nothing.

The_Rob posted:

I’m really trying to figure out what they were even attempting on that ACH shirt. At first I was thinking maybe the Naruto Headband he will wear, but man that shirt is bad. Like it has to be racist because it says literally nothing about who he is as a wrestler. He’s not known for a big smile or anything, so like why would they even make that if not for some racist poo poo.

Nah it is pretty clear this was rushing out a product, incompetence and unconscious racism. Miles rhymes with Smiles and ACH is known for his perfect teeth, smiling and his positive attitude. It is down to quality control, not running merch via talent and likely not having someone who is racially aware in the approval process.

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 27, 2019

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The_Rob posted:

hes definitely been doing his big smile a lot in the couple nxt spots he was in, but how that could go through the wwe system and no one points out that it looks like a loving sambo doll reference is baffling

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Gaz-L posted:

Not like that would be any different from how they've been using everybody else from the last year and a half of signings.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

Not like that would be any different from how they've been using everybody else from the last year and a half of signings.

No, but see this would be keeping him off TV to punish him which is totally different to keeping him off TV because they don't have any creative for him or he's "not ready for TV."

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 27, 2019

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Free ACH.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

It says right there in the other tweet they told him it was Rolling Stones.

So... exactly what it looks like.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

boxcarhobo posted:

hes definitely been doing his big smile a lot in the couple nxt spots he was in, but how that could go through the wwe system and no one points out that it looks like a loving sambo doll reference is baffling

I suspect NXT didn't get back to ACH about this issue as Triple H signed off on the shirt(s).

It isn't a defence of Triple H but he probably was given a couple of pages of new shirts glanced it over once without looking at the shirts individually. Then went back to stroking his beard and blaring Motorhead in his office.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The guy who loves Mortorhead and wears the Iron Cross unironically doesn't see a problem with racist merch, I am shocked!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

It says right there in the other tweet they told him it was Rolling Stones.

So... exactly what it looks like.

That well known famous Rolling Stones fan ACH.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

The guy who loves Mortorhead and wears the Iron Cross unironically doesn't see a problem with racist merch, I am shocked!

He doesn't have a problem with it because it's exactly as racist as he hoped.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

"To be fair, *goes to bat for racism*

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

People like... you... don't get decent merchandise!

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my mife and I talked absolutely out the short and we agreed that it was probably the straw that broke the camels back issue. ACH’s exit interview is gonna be something.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
I don't know the man personally but Cornette has to have some sort of broke brain issue going on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm going to cut jim cornette's dick with a knife. cut into it but not cut it off. It's going to get infected and slowly rot. old people have too much antibiotic resistance

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If this is real Vince might not be the only old fucker with dementia

Unless he's going to say it was supposed to be 'a joke' like every time an old idiot gets called out

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I was laughing at that tweet calling Cassidy the worst thing in wrestling when he seems to be super into Bray Wyatt. You know the psycho clown/ kids tv show host who talks to puppets and hit Seth Rollins with a giant cartoon hammer.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jim Cornette is a racist

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Every time I see Cornette post some brain-worms level take like that I just imagine him saying GIVE ME MONEY PLEAAAASE PLEASE GIVE ME MONEY

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

wahh wahh tony and the bucks wont give me a payday

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Phony poo poo? In wrestling? My heavens...

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZAmgF5VNPA

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
we should have a cornette containment zone

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

WatermelonGun posted:

At some point it just becomes redundant because he literally posts the same poo poo over and over to try and drum up business. This one was a little different than normal Cornette because of the Saudi Arabia stuff

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i know it’s a little different but it’s so tiring. i’m so tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

I was thinking about posting this same thing. J-Ru can we get a Cornette Quarantine thread? If people want to still give him clicks and attention despite the racism/homophobia/transphobia/misogyny that's their choice just keep it confined there.