Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

some deloitte consultant inflated the gently caress out of a contract in order to make this lmao

As a former Deloitte Drone, It was more that they had nothing to do, but had to provide facetime or "Internal Development". I had so many hires from places like Harvard and Yale and absolutely no real use for them for weeks on end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

KillHour posted:

There doesn't seem to be a jobs thread for non-IT nerds, so I'm advertising here.

My company is going into a big hiring phase and we have openings for an absolute crap ton of Senior Account Executives. Like 16 openings. We're a major player in our space (enterprise databases) and the compensation is really, really good, as you'd expect from a ~20 year old Silicon Valley techbro firm with a multi billion $ valuation. I'm not part of sales, but the culture here is amazing and you'd have to pay me $FuckYou to leave.

So if you have 5+ years of sales experience in tech (bonus if it's in databases), hit me up on PMs so I can get that sweet signup bonusyou a better job!

Anything not sales? I've been running large software delivery organizations (50+ people) in the web/online space for a few years along with architecture and digital transformation poo poo and I seriously need to get out of the current company I'm with.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mackieman posted:

Anything not sales? I've been running large software delivery organizations (50+ people) in the web/online space for a few years along with architecture and digital transformation poo poo and I seriously need to get out of the current company I'm with.

PM me

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
hey i'm on a cseries/a220 for the first time today. it's pretty nice!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Took a picture of my hotel bill, uploaded it to expensify and noticed I cut the dates off the left hand side. I did this after my shower, naked before coffee. While examining the picture i also noticed that little Waro's helmet was in the picture....so here's the reminder you didnt know you needed to not upload recipets naked before coffee.

Luckily deleted it and reuploaded a proper professional picture of my bill and no one saw Mah dick.

Shades of the guy in the IBM webinar jerking off and not knowing his webcam was on smh

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Hope you don't have smartscan. Someone just got paid $0.001 to look at your dick, and that's not enough.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Guy Axlerod posted:

Hope you don't have smartscan. Someone just got paid $0.001 to look at your dick, and that's not enough.

Not hotdog.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Protip: don’t do work when you aren’t wearing clothes.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

Well guess I'm joining any webex meetings anytime soon then.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Midjack posted:

Alternatively, disable the camera on your laptop. I ain't putting on clothes on WorkFromBed Tuesdays/Thursdays.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Also double check to make sure you mic is muted before you flush while taking a poo poo during a conference call.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I always double-mute: both the phone and the webex itself

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Guy Axlerod posted:

Awww, I had always naively hoped that Smartscan was cool parsing tech and not third-world labor :(

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

psydude posted:

Also double check to make sure you mic is muted before you flush while taking a poo poo during a conference call.

Not muting is absolutely a power move.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I always double-mute: both the phone and the webex itself

If you double mute it cancels out and actually amplifies your farts at 1000%

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
conferencecall.biz but it’s just farts

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I dont mute when i pee at urinals but i dont think anyone can tell in conference calls or one on ones

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Urinal conference call? Nah, that's an out of office message.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Just love starting off my Sat morning by doing the Home Alone airport sprint due to United's fuckery.
I'm traveling with my coworker, the travel dipshit, so at least he made it on the plane too.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I'd also like to extend a hearty "gently caress you" to Concur for not applying my KTN to the reservation, bitch, it's on my profile, I confirmed it was there when I booked, why is it not on the ticket??

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
When that happens do people generally take your shoes off or go talk to someone and get a boarding pass with the tick?

AA makes it pretty easy to add a KTN at a kiosk, but I have once walked halfway back across Dulles to get BA to add it so I didn’t have to take all that poo poo out of my bags.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

nikosoft posted:

I'd also like to extend a hearty "gently caress you" to Concur for not applying my KTN to the reservation, bitch, it's on my profile, I confirmed it was there when I booked, why is it not on the ticket??

Was it Southwest? I went an entire year having to do that poo poo manually, but only because Concur and Southwest were being lovely with each other. Everything else worked as well as Concur ever does.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Do those of you with TSA PreCheck put your liquids in a clear one quart bag, or just in a dopp kit/toiletry bag since it stays in the suitcase?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I use an arcteryx dopp bag that has a clear side so if it does have to come out for some reason it’s compliant.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Omne posted:

Do those of you with TSA PreCheck put your liquids in a clear one quart bag, or just in a dopp kit/toiletry bag since it stays in the suitcase?

I do just the toiletry bag. The only place I’ve been that was really picky about clear plastic was LHR and they were handing them out.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I do just the toiletry bag.

:same:

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

drgitlin posted:

I use an arcteryx dopp bag that has a clear side so if it does have to come out for some reason it’s compliant.

My eyes have been opened. Ordering one of these right now.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm in NYC this weekend for a UFC fight and I have to see clients Monday before going around to Atlantic city and Rutgers for more clients the rest of the week. Any reccomendations for either NYC (cool bars/lounges in general or specifically whats a good spot to catch sunday night football. I'm staying at the Kimpton near MSG) and Atlantic city. I've never been to AC.

E: that's a nice bag

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Go to attaboy

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Atlantic City loving sucks. The Aviary at the Mandarin Oriental is cool ambiance.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Atlantic City loving sucks. The Aviary at the Mandarin Oriental is cool ambiance.

Worth going to if you've been to the one in Chicago? They had some of the best cocktails I've ever had.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Residency Evil posted:

Worth going to if you've been to the one in Chicago? They had some of the best cocktails I've ever had.

So I actually sat in the Office, which is the cocktail bar, and yes it's some of the best cocktails ever. The Aviary, though, is on like the 30th floor with big south-facing views and it's absolutely gorgeous, so I'd still go with "yes?"

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

OK I've got another question..

I have a flight tomorrow, for which I paid for an economy comfort seat on United. I just switched it to an earlier flight, and they had me pay again for an EC seat. Do I get reimbursed for the first seat purchase?

Also, anyone ever gotten so sick they missed a day at the convention they're traveling for? Asking for a friend

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Boarded the plane, tried cramming my bag under the seat in front with AA’s stupid massive IFE box and ripped a bandaid off my finger that I sliced last night only to have the gate agent come upgrade me less than 30 seconds later during group 2 boarding. :argh:

This really is a first world problem.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
My two most expensive dinners this year were paid for by an independent ethics review board at conferences.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

the restaurant i ate at all the time when i was in manhattan just got a michelin star. good taste haver here, everyone :coolfish: :frogc00l:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm never going to get used to your new name.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

PIZZA.BAT posted:

the restaurant i ate at all the time when i was in manhattan just got a michelin star. good taste haver here, everyone :coolfish: :frogc00l:

You should share

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Waroduce posted:

You should share

http://www.bennorestaurant.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

And you didn't add it to the map? You monster.