Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So apparently Modern Warfare is very buggy on Xbox at the moment.

So Modern Gaming, in other words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
was fine when i played it for 6 hours straight yesterday

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I should play Outer Worlds but Im powering through Bards Tale IV and like, if you want to talk about a game where microsoft money both can and cant fix the problem here it is. I really dont know why someone at MS bought these folk but thanks, grab the Operencia people too so I can get all hosed up on a genre nobody has cared about outside the Nintendo 3DS for the last decade.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So apparently Modern Warfare is very buggy on Xbox at the moment.

Not surprised, Activision continues to drop the ball more and more each year with this series.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Not surprised, Activision continues to drop the ball more and more each year with this series.

I'm surprised at how internet-heavy the series is in terms of update download size. I'd have thought the crazy sellers would maintain smaller patches (like FIFA and PES tend to do, more or less) but Activision went whole hog into making the series impossible to play if your internet is bad or non-existant.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I had to sign into my Activision/CoD account, which I didn't know I had.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Outer Worlds on gamepass is enough to get me to subscribe now. Question: When looking at gamepass UI, if it has the Xbox and PC icon under a single title, that means it can cross save, right? And if it's two separate items, one with PC icon and one with Xbox, then it can't cross save?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

No, that just means both pc and console have access, some games are only for console and vise versa, which is the main reason I grabbed a bone, lot more on console. There will be a tag list further down the page that will describe how many players, if it's cross play, cross save and what not. I don't think they announced cross anything for Outer worlds.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So I can play Outer Worlds for $1 with Xbox Game Pass for PC? Is there a catch? Feels like there should be a catch... I don't know how developers are ok with this.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

katkillad2 posted:

So I can play Outer Worlds for $1 with Xbox Game Pass for PC? Is there a catch? Feels like there should be a catch... I don't know how developers are ok with this.

Microsoft probably dropped a semi truck full of crisp hundred dollar bills at their office so I think they are probably okay

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

No catch! Eventually it goes to $5 a month for one platform, or $10 a month for both platforms.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!
They bought the developers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

Microsoft owns obsidian and all first party games launch day and date on the service and stay there forever. If youre worried somehow devs dont get paid for this, dont be, Microsoft pays up front to devs to put games on gamepass so indie get real money to be on the service and theyve noted it improves their sales overall.

The "catch" is Microsoft hopes you like getting a shitload of videogames for 5 or 10 bucks a month and stay subscriber.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Right now xbox needs to show engagement with the services they shifted their focus to. MS headquarters doesnt seem to actually care how little money they make as long as they are growing their metrics they are letting them spend to do it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Welp 2 crashes in the first hour, Outer Worlds is definitely an Obsidian game!! Seems fun though.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

I like that with my single Game Pass sub I can play Outer Worlds on my PC from my account, while my wife can also be playing it at the same time on the Xbox from her own account.

I just assumed Microsoft would only allow 1 account/system to use it at a time. Pretty cool of them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, youre effectively paying for two subs with ultimate so it seems only fair to let you use both.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I never played No Mans Sky. I heard they turned the game around and now its good. Is it worth buying?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

ChocNitty posted:

I never played No Mans Sky. I heard they turned the game around and now its good. Is it worth buying?

Yes

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
They still doing a Switch version of Outer Worlds?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

TheScott2K posted:

They still doing a Switch version of Outer Worlds?

Still looks like it, sometime next year.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

BisterdDave posted:

Still looks like it, sometime next year.

Good, should be done with Witcher 3 by then

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ChocNitty posted:

Do you like grinding materials and inventory management? If so maybe. I think it's still half finished and boring.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Do you like grinding materials and inventory management? If so maybe. I think it's still half finished and boring.

The latest big update fixed most of the grinding and inventory management issues so that's not an issue anymore either.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BonoMan posted:

The latest big update fixed most of the grinding and inventory management issues so that's not an issue anymore either.

I like No Mans Sky but grinding and inventory management is like half the game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Creative mode is always an option.

A lot of the gameplay isn’t actually interesting, so being able to build freely is great.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Outer Worlds is a competent game but a bit disappointing. I liked and finished New Vegas and the Obsidian South Park game, but I don't think I'm going to continue past Monarch in this one.

BonoMan posted:

It absolutely did not.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!
Yeah NMS is fundamentally boring. No amount of patches can fix that

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

It absolutely did not.

I haven't played it since 1.3 but I do recall all of the reviews saying the latest "Beyond" update definitely eased inventory management and grinding issues.

It doesn't get rid of them since crafting is part of the game, but just makes things easier on the player. https://www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I found myself spending most of the time finding stuff to make fuel, both for regular engines and hyperdrives and little of anything else.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
NMS is a sleep aid in digital form.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BonoMan posted:

I haven't played it since 1.3 but I do recall all of the reviews saying the latest "Beyond" update definitely eased inventory management and grinding issues.

Okay, maybe actually play the update before repeatedly arguing about basic gameplay elements with someone who has. The game is still a grind and nothing else. That's the whole point of NMS.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I had fun with NMS going through the different quests. But eventually the quests started requiring me to go get materials that weren't on my planet. So I spend an hour trying to find these materials and then go back to make the thing for the quest and it uses up everything I found and I have to go find more of it for the next quest. I got bored and stopped playing. I definitely got my 25 bucks worth though.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Okay, maybe actually play the update before repeatedly arguing about basic gameplay elements with someone who has. The game is still a grind and nothing else. That's the whole point of NMS.

Lol calm down you reactionary nerd... I wasn't arguing for anything. Just relaying what I had read.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

NMS is a proof of concept for the video game industry to see how little content they can sell at AAA retail pricing and get away with it under the guise of 'the game is what *you* make it!'

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Laserface posted:

NMS is a proof of concept for the video game industry to see how little content they can sell at AAA retail pricing and get away with it under the guise of 'the game is what *you* make it!'

It's not really a AAA game and it's not the best example of that either.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No Man's Sky has been $20 or less for the past 4 years.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

American McGay posted:

No Man's Sky has been $20 or less for the past 4 years.

No it hasn't. Unless you're talking about a physical disc version.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

No it hasn't. Unless you're talking about a physical disc version.

Market forces force physical media prices down harder than digital copies, you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
My old rear end 360 controller with the floaty sticks is finally starting to feel pretty unplayable. What is the ideal xbox one controller for PC? I don't know anything, is there a specific hardware revision that's better than others, or are there any good third party controllers?