Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Post your favourite comics for ants.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*confusedly thinks back fondly to MM&O*

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Lookin' for beans ITT

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I can't relate, my PC is basically the ship of theseus at this point

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Former DILF posted:

I can't relate, my PC is basically the ship of theseus at this point

So the same comic but the weird computer people are actually just dismembered parts. You monster.

:same:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

HPanda posted:

So the same comic but the weird computer people are actually just dismembered parts. You monster.

:same:

scattered in several boxes around my apartment vaguely sorted by type

no you see see this stack of three semifaulty floppy drives are going to be useful some day because one time in 2006 I had to dig one out to flash a BIOS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Peanut Butler posted:

scattered in several boxes around my apartment vaguely sorted by type

no you see see this stack of three disembodied hands are going to be useful some day because one time in 2006 I had to dig one out to open a thumbprint lock

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

good dog :3:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Prime candidate for Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
owning pets is slavery hth

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The final thumbs up panel makes it, I give it my own thumbs up

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

He really owns me.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

drat rear end in a top hat vampires...

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Collapsing Farts posted:

I have serious doubts that you actually hoped that helped.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

feeder comix by ronnie

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Printing these out to smugly hand to my supervisors when they tell me I'm physically too large to do my job

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cursed

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Besides, all scientific reports show that being fat is actually incredibly healthy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Besides, all scientific reports show that being fat is actually incredibly healthy

Gout more like sehr gut am I right?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Zzulu posted:

Did you know thin people die every day?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
i feel like you can recognize that your weight is unhealthy and still not want to get poo poo on for it :shrug:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

razorrozar posted:

i feel like you can recognize that your weight is unhealthy and still not want to get poo poo on for it :shrug:

Nope gotta have that self-loathing that actively impedes any progress you might make on getting healthy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

razorrozar posted:

i feel like those comics are just saying "you should eat more" though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

At least from what I can see it isn't 'eat more" but "Don't let self-loathing make you miserable." Like the cookie one is just "stop trying to justify a single cookie" and not "stop exercising just eat cookies nonstop" from what I can see.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Krankenstyle posted:

i feel more like the message is a) "dont beat yourself up over every little calorie" and b) "don't hate your body just because it's not perfect" which are both actually good advice, especially if you actually do want to lose weight. i can see how you would get that it's pro-fat, but i dont think that's the intended message.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

razorrozar posted:

i feel more like the message is a) "dont beat yourself up over every little calorie" and b) "don't hate your body just because it's not perfect" which are both actually good advice, especially if you actually do want to lose weight. i can see how you would get that it's pro-fat, but i dont think that's the intended message.

If it didn't have the "calories are not real" maybe

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

That isn't what it says though? "Counting calories does not guarantee weight loss" is accurate. You're not going to get healthy just by watching what you eat and if you're properly exercising and taking care of yourself then a single cookie isn't going to have any meaningful negative impact. You need to change all your lifestyle to properly lose weight, not just try to hit an arbitrary number.

(Well you can starve yourself to death and lose weight but uh, that is not something anyone should recommend and it will have negative impact on other parts of your body.)

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

YES. "Counting calories does not guarantee weight loss" is infuriating, as it literally does do that, as long as you are doing it correctly.
I went from 300 to 210 in a year from sticking to 1700 calories a day/exercise.
gently caress.

ImpAtom posted:

"Counting calories does not guarantee weight loss" is accurate. You're not going to get healthy just by watching what you eat...

No, but you ARE going to experience weight loss. Loss/Gain is a simple equation of 'calories in' over 'calories out'.

Quad has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Oct 27, 2019

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Poster name/post combo.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

razorrozar posted:

:wtc:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quad posted:

YES. "Counting calories does not guarantee weight loss" is infuriating, as it literally does do that, as long as you are doing it correctly.
I went from 300 to 210 in a year from sticking to 1700 calories a day/exercise.

That "/exercise" doing a lot of work there.

If you starve yourself you will lose weight, but losing weight and getting healthy from it isn't just a case of 'stop eating." It isn't even necessarily effective to go on a crash diet over a more modest diet + actually exercising and doing other things.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also people who only count calories tend to feel hungry all the time, eventually cheat a little, lose all motivation and start binge eating again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

Also people who only count calories tend to feel hungry all the time, eventually cheat a little, lose all motivation and start binge eating again.

this is the main thing. if you turn losing weight into a miserable chore then you will not lose weight.