Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
There's a brand new memory fuckery thing in San Andreas that warps you from the second? mission to the last part of the final mission. Cut the run from 3.5 hours to 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The really fun part about this is that you do the setup and have to wait around 15 minutes to see if you did it right. Fun for resets.
I wonder if GTA V will be the next one to be broken. Or maybe they;ll discover a glitch like that in III, since it's the same engine.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Do any GTAIV categories utilize the Swingset of Death?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Kikas posted:

The really fun part about this is that you do the setup and have to wait around 15 minutes to see if you did it right. Fun for resets.
I wonder if GTA V will be the next one to be broken. Or maybe they;ll discover a glitch like that in III, since it's the same engine.

i THINK 3 has something, but i know definitely vice city has replay mission cancelling which lets you do something very similar to SA

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

for the first time in my life i have a job that offers paid time off and i decided to utilize some of it for agdq, so for the first time since 2014 i can watch any and every run that interests me

now i just need cool matty to Do The Right Thing so i can be that much happier for the week

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

for the first time in my life i have a job that offers paid time off and i decided to utilize some of it for agdq, so for the first time since 2014 i can watch any and every run that interests me

now i just need cool matty to Do The Right Thing so i can be that much happier for the week

A real job? We got a patsy here :coolfish:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Just do like me and get involved in a government program that tries to help people who've been through the various blindsides that life throws at us by putting them into work without paying them any more than the unemployment benefit and without giving any of the benefits that normal salaried people get like 6 weeks vacation, paid time-off, and various other things that are pretty much guaranteed at every job in Denmark.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
speedrunning

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

heeheex2 posted:

https://twitter.com/ezscapeyt/status/1186381890250522625?s=21

great tweet for the responses

e: To you, person reading this: what is your favourite speed glitch ? if you post PJ i will kill you :cheers:

good thread, thanks for posting

pmcTRILOGY
Feb 9, 2014

MY BRAND!

Kikas posted:

So something like this recent San Andreas skip was already found in Vice City. In VC it's called Any% SSU or Script Stack Underflow. It's been around for over year, so the VC Any% time is down to ~8:30.

There is some duping in III, but nothing arbitrary like these skips in SA and VC.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

pmcTRILOGY posted:

So something like this recent San Andreas skip was already found in Vice City. In VC it's called Any% SSU or Script Stack Underflow. It's been around for over year, so the VC Any% time is down to ~8:30.

There is some duping in III, but nothing arbitrary like these skips in SA and VC.

Yeah I am aware of SSU, I was wondering what's next for the series, since I think SA still held the candle for "longest GTA speedrun"

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
I feel like half the poo poo in this video is just speedrunning 101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu56xVlZ40M

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I applied to be on the games committee for the next frame fatales, wish me luck

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

UraniumAnchor posted:

I feel like half the poo poo in this video is just speedrunning 101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu56xVlZ40M

reminds me of this:
https://arxiv.org/abs/1803.03453v1

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

site posted:

Good luck.... not!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

site posted:

make them all yuri vns

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dont tempt me

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Aurora posted:

make them all yuri vns

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miL1ulNZ9ec

new pb

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

site posted:

dont tempt me
Do it!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Buddy sent me this, new speedrun category?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Can I Beat Halo Before I Asphyxiate From Toxic Fumes?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

heeheex2 posted:

https://twitter.com/ezscapeyt/status/1186381890250522625?s=21

great tweet for the responses

e: To you, person reading this: what is your favourite speed glitch ? if you post PJ i will kill you :cheers:

idk about speed glitch, but that one soccer TAS video where it's going bananas over everything is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tafCE6GJrhQ

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dizz posted:

idk about speed glitch, but that one soccer TAS video where it's going bananas over everything is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tafCE6GJrhQ

I really want to know more about this. I searched for more glitches in this game and found a ton of short videos that have a glitch or two, and then others showcasing completely different glitches. None of them are very instructional in nature though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A bunch of longstanding Goldeneye 64 records were broken in the past couple months, here's an interesting video on some of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfjZWOuQrIQ

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
assuming this is coming from the elite how many chuds am i accidentally supporting by clicking that

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't know anything about the guy I just thought the records were cool! Oh well.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

As far as I know no one's dug up anything reprehensible about Karl Jobst yet.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

he's a fan of calebhart, cyghfer, cheese, apollo legend and rwhitegoose, so

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wait, what's wrong with cyghfer?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Little Mac posted:

Wait, what's wrong with cyghfer?

he's a chud

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

paste the bins

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I speedran outer worlds in 56 minutes and I'll try for the 40s tomorrow

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Studio posted:

I speedran outer worlds in 56 minutes and I'll try for the 40s tomorrow

Very ambitious to go for a 40 second speedrun this soon after release, but I believe in you

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Thank you for your faith :unsmith:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont believe in you

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

eonwe posted:

i dont believe in you

You've never gone to a GDQ so your lack of support does nothing :angel:.

Fly away troll~

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
i'm at gdq right now and eonwe is with me :)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Oh no!
:melter:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

KevinDDR tweeted about KJ and his dipshit chud fans trying to brigade him out of goldeneye, that was part of why he no longer streams