Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Most of the time, danger room is fairly simple to figure out. This week, it's Cyclops lead, Strange attacking, and Wolverine doing skills . How many teams have I found that have done that roster?

2 out of about 30 mostly forced closes.

I hate that mode so, so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

What the gently caress did they do to danger room? We never got under 60%, the other team showed 100% the whole time, and had to wait out the full time.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I'm fine with participating. Winning is another thing. But they said they worked on the Danger Room so maybe Jean's a little less frustrating. But either way its tough when so much of it relies on others.

I don't want to participate in Danger Room because it still blows, but I'll do it...except I can't because it won't load again. If I have to actually win this garbage mode to finish my dailies, I'll honestly probably just quit playing. It's just so miserable and broken that it sours me on everything else.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

bobmcdynamite posted:

So, if anyone is on the fence about who to T3 next, Quicksilver at T3 crushes in WBU and TL. It's kinda ridiculous.

drat, I figured. Thanos is a day away from T3 but I guess I'll hold off while getting QS to 4x25 and see how things shake out.

Grabbed the rogue costume since it gives me a fifth corvus stomper who can mostly ignore the mechanics on days when I just want it done. I'm going to wait for black Friday for the rest I think.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If whomever's running Marvel Hebrons wants to go ahead and kick Dawgstar3000 to make room, please do. I might miss the game later and come back, but right now it feels mostly like a chore.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Dave posted:

What the gently caress did they do to danger room? We never got under 60%, the other team showed 100% the whole time, and had to wait out the full time.

Its weird and sucks as a requirement for quests now. Jean was healing constantly from the enemy team, we still maintained a 10% lead but only got her down to 50%ish, then with 5 seconds to go I fat fingered the "tab out" button on my phone and was promptly disconnected with a 5 minute re-entry timer. I only hope the rest of my team still got credit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I only played once last night and actually beat Jean for once. It was still a pain, we won with 2 seconds left. and I died twice which was the lowest on my team. But its the first time all week I even did that well.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

There's a heroic quest that requires you to get damage MVP in danger room. They are *extremely* interested in forcing people to play this stupid mode.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Diddler posted:

There's a heroic quest that requires you to get damage MVP in danger room. They are *extremely* interested in forcing people to play this stupid mode.

yeah and its not just mvp on your team, its for all six players. also sometimes top damage gets it and sometimes top missile guy gets it. its total rng

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
Guess which step I’m on! :downsgun:

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Fneeb posted:

Guess which step I’m on! :downsgun:

It only took me a couple tries to get it this time. I assume it's going to come up a few more times, which means no more heroic quests for me after I finish this one.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One Future Fight YouTuber had had a video on 'How to get Aero.' The secret method is 'pay for a Biometrics sub' and then 'use mega tickets.' Mystery solved.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I did most of a Jessica Jones heroic quest yesterday in one go, though I blew all the patch day energy on the new dimension mode for a bunch of it. It had 4 danger room quests: Participate, do the most damage, get a win, and use the skill the most. I was lucky enough to get what I was going for in one go each time I actually got in, but had to fight past a lot of random disconnects and abandon penalties so I'll probably stop as well after this one. I already have all the HQ heroes at T2 so I was just using it to buy gems from filling the chest and to shake up what order I do things every day.

I just hit the mats to T3 Thanos. I hear he's nearly unkillable in timeline but not that great in UWB. Quicksilver is the new hotness but mine is only 68. Namor (66) is meta and pretty good? I have Cyclops and Luna ready to go, then a bunch of people who aren't worth it compared to the rest (Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine). I'm hoping there's no cap on ccf, or at least not easily reachable, so I think I'll sit on them for a bit and see who is coming next month while getting QS and Namor to 4x25 to consider my options.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Debating on Quicksilver T3 or not, seems like a lot of buzz around it. Do I need his new outfit too or will the purple one be good enough?

It's funny I ask that because I literally don't do any PvP or high level WBU so what does any of it matter?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

theyve removed all the danger room win stuff from daily challenges and heroic quests cos of the backlash (you still get participate in danger room tho)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The last few days of Danger Room have been weird for me. I've won on my first try each time but never actually beat Jean, just the other team. Today was the weirdest because the other team's bar never moved but my team's kept moving down a little and then going back up and would never get below 80%. But the other team just stayed at 100% and I didn't know what was up. Was the other team just only doing the heal boss skill?

Then we end up winning anyway. I get the most damage but not the MVP because the guy on the other team got the most damage. But their bar never moved. Meanwhile my team's Cap has 0 damage but 17 skills. So was HE just only using the boss healing skill and just completely countering that one guy working? But the other team had like 2 skills used. So why'd our progress never go down? Was our own Cap glitching and affecting us or something?

I don't get it. I'm sure the answer is "glitch" but it was weird. But we "won" so whatever. I filled my daily challenge and I'll worry about Rachel when Jean goes away.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Dave posted:

Debating on Quicksilver T3 or not, seems like a lot of buzz around it. Do I need his new outfit too or will the purple one be good enough?

It's funny I ask that because I literally don't do any PvP or high level WBU so what does any of it matter?

If you don't do timeline or push WBU then you can skip his outfit as he's good enough without it for low WBU and normal WB/SL. I don't even really use him since on low WB his sister is just as fast even on Corvus at my raid level/etc.

You can also wait for the black friday sales if they do it again next year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't actually use Quicksilver anymore. I threw him into my Timeline team this week but he seems to be sucking so he's probably out for Spidey tomorrow.

I kind of want a bunch of the costumes but I wanted a bunch of the recent ones too. I'm keeping to saving to get characters. I just need Iceman, Ghost, and Warlock (who I might skip) but I spent on Sabretooth again since he's discounted and will probably do it again to get him to T2.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

So those symbols were a tease for four new asian heroes they introduced today. I guess Luna and the others were well received and are starting to trickle into the comics so here's some more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPZCafoeiPM

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, people liked the big crossover tie-in miniseries Luna Snow (plus Crescent, White Fox, etc.) showed up in they got their own Agents of Atlas miniseries. I've seen some people shriek about forced diversity but most folks seem, you know, happy for more Asian representation in comics. And some of the members are people like Silk and Amadeus Cho anyway so why not.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
But did they need to create new characters? Are there no more Asian Marvel characters that they could use? That's an honest question because I have no idea. I could only think of Sunfire and Silver Samurai.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There’s some more obscure Asian Marvel characters they could have put in, yeah.
Should note that White Fox at least actually predates Future Fight by a bit, though; she was first in a Korean Marvel webcomic and got brought over to main continuity.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Comic books create new characters all the time so I don't even get why its an issue. Like, ok, its a little weird if a character was created by a video game and then brought in. But Harley Quinn is on of DC's most recognizable and popular characters and she was created by a cartoon. X-23 was created by a cartoon. Agent Coulson was created by the MCU and ended up in comics. Freaking Smallville characters ended up in comics. There's plenty. So what's the big deal?

Oh right, "they're forcing us to accept diversity."

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

STAC Goat posted:

Oh right, "they're forcing us to accept diversity."

To me this is such a gonzo attitude to have about comics. Especially Marvel comics, who's X-men established --long before many of us were even born-- the idea of mutants(and heroes) coming from any place in the world. But, yanno, nerds wanna act like this is some big new modern statement being made.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
It's super important that all of my obvious anti-racism metaphors are white males.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Looking back its kind of "funny" that of the "New X-Men" with characters created from all different countries and races the one that became the ultimate face of the X-Men was the white Canadian dude.

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.
Dazzler was created as a literal tie-in with a Disco record company.

Luna Snow is part of a rich Marvel tradition.

P.S. most of the “All New All Different Giant Size Xmen” are rejected Legion of Super Heroes designs (most especially Nightcrawler)

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

Dazzler was created as a literal tie-in with a Disco record company.

Luna Snow is part of a rich Marvel tradition.

P.S. most of the “All New All Different Giant Size Xmen” are rejected Legion of Super Heroes designs (most especially Nightcrawler)

Half the creative process is compromise and the rest is ripping something off.

And sometimes it's yourself that you rip off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I've almost gotten to the T2 Rachael reward in the Danger Room. Is that all i need to do, like she'll be T2 and I can feed her bios to get her to level 60 and never have to touch that stupid thing again?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

So I've almost gotten to the T2 Rachael reward in the Danger Room. Is that all i need to do, like she'll be T2 and I can feed her bios to get her to level 60 and never have to touch that stupid thing again?

She'll jump to 60 with the t2. The rest of the rewards are all gold, but participate in danger room has been one of the daily challenges for me all week.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bagrada posted:

She'll jump to 60 with the t2. The rest of the rewards are all gold, but participate in danger room has been one of the daily challenges for me all week.

Ah good, and yea I guess i'll do it if its part of the daily. But still, gently caress the danger room.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You don't need it for Rachel after T2 but theres still crystals to claim. I wouldn't leave them on the table.

For the most part I've just tried to get 1 play/win a day. A win should get you enough pts to grab a prize but just participating will inch you up. Or sometimes I'll just go for the skill reward which is a big one.

I just got the last crystal and it's just gold left so I don't think I care about that now. Probably still play now and then to try and get Omega bios. But no real pressure now that I got the crystals. It's too much of a pain to worry too much.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

gently caress the danger room.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I love not being able to play a game because I waited 2 minutes for someone to connect only to have them drop and then I get kicked even though I loaded immediately

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’ve been able to get a win a day in but oh boy do people really not understand that mode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I love not being able to play a game because I waited 2 minutes for someone to connect only to have them drop and then I get kicked even though I loaded immediately

I had that last night. Someone kept dropping out and I get punished for it. God drat this mode sucks. It also is super annoying because some skills are so much better than others, that if you don't have them, there is no point in trying. Like right now you pretty much need to have a Thanos and Captain Marvel on your team.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Have they said how to acquire Rachel after they stop selling that pack in a few days? And, assuming you have some/most/all of the current metas, is there any reason to spend the crystals on her?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Diddler posted:

Have they said how to acquire Rachel after they stop selling that pack in a few days? And, assuming you have some/most/all of the current metas, is there any reason to spend the crystals on her?

I think you can get her x-genes from the weekly crate if you place highly in the danger room standings. I haven't done it enough to even register on the rankings despite doing it 1-3 times a day, so I just get 20 storm bios a week or so. I bet they will add a different package with her once this one ends, possibly more expensive.

She's good but not meta. I use her at 60 with Kitty in the lead as my fifth clear for Ebony Maw, she seems a bit faster than Torch but not as good as Psylocke.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they'll add her to the store or something if the package just doesn't reset.

I've got her at 60+ and I'd put her second tier at least. At 70 she might be able to do major damage but I don't think she's a game breaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
gently caress, I missed out on cashing in my event tokens again. I’d appreciate some kind of alert on the last day of an event so I’m not caught holding again.