Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So it turns out I had enough mats to get Mecha Eli to 10/10/10 right off the bat.

Now to grail her to 90 so Operation gently caress Assassins can commence. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

A single 10 roll gave me 4star event CE, Astolfo NP4 and Amazones CEO NP2. Great event.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

BisbyWorl posted:

So it turns out I had enough mats to get Mecha Eli to 10/10/10 right off the bat.

Now to grail her to 90 so Operation gently caress Assassins can commence. :getin:

Sanzang, Melt and Mecha-Eli would be the ultimate Assassin Crushing Team, I think.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

J.A.B.C. posted:

Sanzang, Melt and Mecha-Eli would be the ultimate Assassin Crushing Team, I think.

The catch is that I don't have Melt or Sanzang.

This way I can throw out double Merlin buffs and utterly delete some poor fool. Then when next year rolls around I can double Merlin one Mecha-Eli then plugsuit in a second if the boss happens to survive the first.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I weep every time I have to use Stella. I also have Arash on Bond 10. I cried a lot.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Honestly both Arash and Waver are going back onto my main team once we get Bond Grails. They're too good to leave on the sidelines.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Do any of the missions involve having Mecha-Eli at a certain Ascension level?
I wanna make sure I'm not going to need embers for her before I start giving them to Princess Weeb or any of my other servants.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

the_steve posted:

I wanna make sure I'm not going to need embers for her before I start giving them to Princess Weeb or any of my other servants.

You need to get her to stage 3, so level 60 at the very least.

If you have nothing on hand you'll probably have to burn event embers + prism shop embers to get her there.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

the_steve posted:

Yes, there is a quest to raise Mecha-Eli to her.... 2nd Ascension I think?

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Ok, so the Reddit is now digging through shimosa to find other translation errors, and one they're talking about is really confusing me as someone who also plays JP. Amakusa mentions something about the roots of the fantasy in the JP version, where in NA he just says the sky is on fire. What the gently caress does "roots of the fantasy" mean, and what does it have to do with part 2? Reading it, I just assume it means that the world is falling apart, like in the translation we got, but some people saying it's some huge plot detail they got wrong.

The roots thing is what confuses me most, because it can't be talking about the trees right? Don't those only come out because of the alien god? Or does every world just have a tree now?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BisbyWorl posted:

You need to get her to stage 3, so level 60 at the very least.

If you have nothing on hand you'll probably have to burn event embers + prism shop embers to get her there.

You can get her to 60 just off the EXP cards from the shop.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

NRVNQSR posted:

I was just surprised that this blatantly fake image from years ago turned out to be real.

Endorph posted:

The art looked exactly like Bsuke's. The card mockup was obviously faked but the art itself always seemed obviously real to me.
It looks fake because it was part of a set of three pics that were clearly part of the development process. (One each for bronze, silver and gold)
Probably reference pics or maybe final mockups.

It's entirely real. All of it. Including the wonky aspect ratio (the other two sample pics had that too).

I recall thinking waaaaaaaaaaaaay back then that it looked so obviously fake it was probably real (because an actual fake would try harder to look real) so I went around checking and found it within the apk.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 27, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is it me or is Sassy-Shin basically old-school Bugs Bunny?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I do enjoy the phrase "Nani the gently caress".

e: More like, what were they thinking with "Breast Zero Erzebet"? That's a real :effort: NP name.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 27, 2019

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

I do enjoy the phrase "Nani the gently caress".

e: More like, what were they thinking with "Breast Zero Erzebet"? That's a real :effort: NP name.

It's a reference to Mazinger Z's famous "Breast Fire" attack with a boob size joke and all the Liz NP's end with "Erzebet"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that plus mechagodzilla's absolute zero cannon

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dr Pepper posted:

It's a reference to Mazinger Z's famous "Breast Fire" attack with a boob size joke and all the Liz NP's end with "Erzebet"

I stand corrected. I didn’t realize Mazinger had a boob cannon.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I stand corrected. I didn’t realize Mazinger had a boob cannon.

Cannon is one way to refer to it but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHkDHLh7bU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnJ_kk2tOYw

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mazinger's actual boob cannons are saved for the lady mechs, and straight up called oppai missiles

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It took so long but finally scored MHX. Going to regret not having much of any SQ for halloween proper but drat it...It's the principle of the thing!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Goddamn I love mecha.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nasu loves super robot wars. Saber Liz's NP is literally just Combattler V's spin finisher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnpbHeiFvbU&t=251s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkN5JUkU348

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

dogsicle posted:

that plus mechagodzilla's absolute zero cannon

This confirms my suspicion that the people complaining the most are uncultured baka gaijin :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

One day we'll get an official Fate/Super Robot Wars crossover.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, my Nitocris Twins have been pulling their whole weight this event. Cas Nito can drat near chain NP under the right conditions which makes clearing assassin nodes a breeze, and Summer Nito's target focus and damage reduction can just nullify an attack round while charging up.

Best Pharoh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in terms of SRW references in FGO:

Summer Saber Alter's Noble Phantasm is a reference to the Huckebein Gunner Frame.
Mecha Liz's NP is a reference to the Brasta.

I know parvati's NP is one too, but I forget which.

And next summer NA will get MHXX, Summer BB, and Summer Jeanne, who are all built out of nothing but mecha references.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Thundersword238 posted:

Ok, so the Reddit is now digging through shimosa to find other translation errors, and one they're talking about is really confusing me as someone who also plays JP. Amakusa mentions something about the roots of the fantasy in the JP version, where in NA he just says the sky is on fire. What the gently caress does "roots of the fantasy" mean, and what does it have to do with part 2? Reading it, I just assume it means that the world is falling apart, like in the translation we got, but some people saying it's some huge plot detail they got wrong.

The roots thing is what confuses me most, because it can't be talking about the trees right? Don't those only come out because of the alien god? Or does every world just have a tree now?
He's talking about the trees. The trees only came because of the alien god, yes. It's foreshadowing.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Endorph posted:

Summer Saber Alter's Noble Phantasm is a reference to the Huckebein Gunner Frame.

And next summer NA will get MHXX, Summer BB, and Summer Jeanne, who are all built out of nothing but mecha references.

Don't forget everyone's favourite Rare Mana Prism

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In fairness, BBeach is KoF references too.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I am so glad there are more cultured connosuirs of mecha anime here to explain these kickin rad references.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i already loved him, but now even moreso

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Man, I really like Cleo, and I'm bummed she basically doesn't get any play.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Question, is there any art of Penny with both the crazy black eyes and glasses?

Asking for a friend.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

It's Great Mazinger's thunder Break:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnkQsl8g8ls

There's also Hijikata Toushizo, who is the Sword that Cleaves Evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX0QV8GnVV8

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Got my day 850 Quartz, and they gave me Saber Empireo. :smug:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They got me jack poo poo.

E: Summer Fran's NP is Sanger's Zankantou and Summer Nero uses Funnels

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Summer Nero's NP seems like a giant GunBuster reference as well, at tleast with the way she rises onto the stage with her arms crossed.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Saber Diarmuid is Masaki Andoh and I will have him in both JP and NA. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIXlsU-rtLQ

I pre-ordered Super Robot Wars X just so I could get the Cybuster early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Plutonis posted:

They got me jack poo poo.

E: Summer Fran's NP is Sanger's Zankantou and Summer Nero uses Funnels

Isn't the way the sword splits open to make an even bigger Beam Sword more of a reference to that guy from SRW J?