Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're doing a good job of completely ruining Lena for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I don't like the stuff with Brainy and Mia. His whole "But i cannot not be at 100%" is not a good excuse, because you shouldn't be smothering your partner, even if you think its an expression of love.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I don't like the stuff with Brainy and Mia. His whole "But i cannot not be at 100%" is not a good excuse, because you shouldn't be smothering your partner, even if you think its an expression of love.

If he always has to be at 100% then he should learn from Data and just devote the appropriate 3% to his relationship and divert the rest of his processing power to other tasks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"My love for you is so great that to keep from overwhelming you my processing power has been diverted into approximately fifty thousand dollars' worth of Bitcoins. And rising."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean, it's a dilemma, it's something he has to learn, I don't see this- or Lena being conflicted- as a bad thing to have in a story.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean, it's a dilemma, it's something he has to learn, I don't see this- or Lena being conflicted- as a bad thing to have in a story.

It seemed really final in the last episode though. Very much in a "I cannot change, and will not try" way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

It seemed really final in the last episode though. Very much in a "I cannot change, and will not try" way.

Like I said, the door on “Is Lena Luthor a Good Person?” kind of slammed shut when Eve/Hope translated Lex’s diary and it read “HOW TO MIND CONTROL THE WHOLE GODDAMN PLANET, BY LEX LUTOR” and she just smiled and went “Okay, let’s roll.” Instead of gasping in horror and burning the loving books.

Lena Luthor is Evil.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How political is the new season? I got tired of the show in season 4 cause of it and wondering if they have toned it down in this one or doubled down.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dongattack posted:

How political is the new season? I got tired of the show in season 4 cause of it and wondering if they have toned it down in this one or doubled down.
They kind of moved on to "clickbait media is bad" and repeatedly hit you over the head with it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Well, i guess i think that's a bit more tolerable plus her new outfit is cool.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

What part of the "we should listen to genocidal nazis' point of view" storyline didn't you like?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

nooneofconsequence posted:

What part of the "we should listen to genocidal nazis' point of view" storyline didn't you like?

I have no idea what you are talking about since i didn't watch 50% of season 4, but if Supergirl is a genocidal nazi now that's a surprising twist i guess.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dongattack posted:

I have no idea what you are talking about since i didn't watch 50% of season 4, but if Supergirl is a genocidal nazi now that's a surprising twist i guess.

It started with introducing a guy who was basically Alt-Right Captain America, then went back and revealed, oh he was actually a normal decent progressive guy once who then got redpilled super hard because his dad was racist against aliens and superheroes and his life was just one non-stop string of almost comical alien and/or superhero-induced tragedies that just made him ever more angrier and racist until he became an Agent of C.H.U.D.

It was really :yikes: all around and I didn’t stick around with the show past Elseworlds last year and just read up on summaries of what happened instead.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

nine-gear crow posted:

It started with introducing a guy who was basically Alt-Right Captain America, then went back and revealed, oh he was actually a normal decent progressive guy once who then got redpilled super hard because his dad was racist against aliens and superheroes and his life was just one non-stop string of almost comical alien and/or superhero-induced tragedies that just made him ever more angrier and racist until he became an Agent of C.H.U.D.

It was really :yikes: all around and I didn’t stick around with the show past Elseworlds last year and just read up on summaries of what happened instead.

Oh, huh that sounds errr, really loving confusing lol, like they went complete 180 about the message they were trying to send. But you guys have probably discussed this to death, i'll just watch what im missing from season 4 and try to decipher what the gently caress they were going for myself and fastforward the parts that make me throw a pissfit.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like the new costume and love the politics in the show. My only complaint is that I’m not a big fan of the bangs.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I gave a lot of it a pass cause Sam Witwer is just a treasure and has more acting in his emoting than half the cast does on an entire season. Though his backstory episode is comically bad in a hilarious way.

Manchester Black was right!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mortanis posted:

I gave a lot of it a pass cause Sam Witwer is just a treasure and has more acting in his emoting than half the cast does on an entire season. Though his backstory episode is comically bad in a hilarious way.

Manchester Black was right!

It did kind of circle around to comedy at a few points, unintentionally.

"Man, my new car is pretty sweet. I really love it. There's no way aliens can ruin this good day for me. Maybe Dad was wrong about aliens being awful." / [Supergirl throws a tank-sized monster directly at his car] / "NOOOOO! MY NEW CAR!! ....Grrr! ALIEEEEEEEEEEEENSSSSSSSSS!!!! :doom: (and by that I secretly mean "Hispanic people/African Americans/LGBT people/Women!!!")"

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 25, 2019

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If you followed the show at all last season, then you'd know that they predictably had Lena manipulate Kara/Supergirl(btw she told Lena about her superhero identity in the premiere) into stealing Lex's stuff that's locked away by the DEO. Lena also has a new computer AI that's ironically named 'Hope' since all she does with it is run simulations on how she would fight Supergirl.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Dongattack posted:

no but James was adamant it was his job as a journalist to make sure we listen to the nazi's point of view

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dongattack posted:

Oh, huh that sounds errr, really loving confusing lol, like they went complete 180 about the message they were trying to send. But you guys have probably discussed this to death, i'll just watch what im missing from season 4 and try to decipher what the gently caress they were going for myself and fastforward the parts that make me throw a pissfit.

180? Really? They didn't go from lock-up all aliens to Alien Lives Matter or something. There was definitely a hamhanded handling of the message, but it was all relatively consistent as "Aliens are people too and deserved to be treated humanely just like any other human" as the whole thing its supposed to be referencing is the illegal immigration debate. There was definitely a relatively poor handling of the more extreme pro-alien position and they never really answer how good or bad it is other than "Supergirl doesn't approve and it's against the law to kill chuds"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Alex, Kelly is in danger because of her job not yours, christ.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Thinking about it now, I I think William's whole plot probably ties into Leviathan.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oh, it's this political issue. While it's probably not gonna be handled gracefully like how Supergirl typically handles issues like this (the answer they give is Jimmy should go to be a Senator and sort this out rather than getting the people on the ground together to bring light to it and fight it), it probably wont be drawn out.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That anti Martian gun is pretty ineffective

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Is it just me or has literally every episode this season ended with something that feels like a “Goodbye Jimmy Olson” Moment? It’s getting really repetitive. Hopefully this is the last one.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Please stop pumping up Kara's writing show, you can never live up to it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

howe_sam posted:

That anti Martian gun is pretty ineffective

Having not seen the episode yet, is it a flamethrower?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Klungar posted:

Having not seen the episode yet, is it a flamethrower?

It's just another laser but I guess it's ultra painful to Martians or something. Idk.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh wow, J'onn brought out the whole team for his ambush against his brother!

Also Brainy is gettin' all weird a out Nia now that they broke up.

Vietnamwees fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 28, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

We never should have banished you to the Phantom Zone! So get back in the Phantom Zone!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

Is it just me or has literally every episode this season ended with something that feels like a “Goodbye Jimmy Olson” Moment? It’s getting really repetitive. Hopefully this is the last one.

Jimmy will never leave! He's going to build up the Calvington newspaper into a powerhouse, with the help of his plucky new protege, and buy The Daily Planet.

Vietnamwees posted:

Oh wow, J'onn brought out the whole team for his ambush against his brother!

Best plan a villain has had in a long time. Also he had a contingency plan bomb too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

Oh, it's this political issue. While it's probably not gonna be handled gracefully like how Supergirl typically handles issues like this (the answer they give is Jimmy should go to be a Senator and sort this out rather than getting the people on the ground together to bring light to it and fight it), it probably wont be drawn out.

Since when has Supergirl gracefully handled issues? The hamhanded racism last season, or maybe the hamhanded anti-gun violence episode? I mean I still like the show, but it's about as subtle as a brick Guardian awkwardly crashing through a window

howe_sam posted:

I mean, at least they're not showing it. We won't wind up with another Karen Page in Daredevil moment.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 28, 2019

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

howe_sam posted:

It's not like it's Oliver's miraculous gun control law that simultaneously pleased everyone on all sides. As long as we never get to read any of it, it's plausible.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
From the Legends thread:

muscles like this! posted:

ITS HAPPENING! a new series titled Superman and Lois is in development at the CW.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Assuming this does happen, I'm glad to see they're going with the Superdad concept.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So Lena just gonna up and invent COMPUTO because someone hurt her feelings even though they came clean on their own and apologized?

Sounds good I’m sure nothing will go wrong

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I'm not liking jerkass Lena.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show is butts.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Rhyno posted:

This show is butts.

No, the butts are on Titans. Cute ones too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

No, the butts are on Titans. Cute ones too.

Melissa has a pretty nice bum.