Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I've been sitting on a box of Knights for ages waiting for that sprue, glad it finally showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

In Aeronautica, is there an upshot for taking regular Thunderbolts over Furies? It seems like the Fury’s extra dice and Extra Damage are more than worth the 2 points.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I still haven't managed to play yet, but I would assume it's that for the same price as a Fury you can fit a Thunderbolt for a ground attack role for missions that need it.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Xenomrph posted:

In Aeronautica, is there an upshot for taking regular Thunderbolts over Furies? It seems like the Fury’s extra dice and Extra Damage are more than worth the 2 points.

Nothing other than fluff reasons. Furies are meant to be rare and unreliable. You shouldn’t usually be seeing more than 1 in 10 planes be furies.

This is of course not at all reflected in the game rules. I think they should put an ammo limit on the furies guns or have it be a limited option numbers wise.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Furies are absolute gold at 23 points and I'd trade a set of missiles for the avenger boltcannon every time.

I think they'll be the staple Imperial fighter till lightnings give them a run for their money by being much cheaper and faster.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That’s the trouble. They are so clearly superior that they become an auto-take. Auto-take options are bad for any game so I hope there is a nerf in an FAQ coming some day.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

ineptmule posted:

That’s the trouble. They are so clearly superior that they become an auto-take. Auto-take options are bad for any game so I hope there is a nerf in an FAQ coming some day.

Yeeep, any auto-take is auto-terrible.

Opentarget
Mar 17, 2009
I intentionally didn't build any Furies because 1) I'm bad and 2) they absolutely have to be nerfed sometime.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I think putting them up by 1 or 2 points will do it.

Basically 1 extra dice + exploding sixes every turn is probably worth 4 points not two.

An unladen Fury at 25 vs a Tbolt with 2 ordnance makes it a real choice. You might still take a Fury or two but then you'll see Tbolts.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Necromunda Dark Uprising

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/24/the-scoop-from-spielgw-homepage-post-2/

Rhaegar fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 24, 2019

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That looks magnificent. The corpse grinders seem like a way better take on scavvys, too.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The ogre team looks great. I especially like the Gnoblars

Who are you fooling, gnoblar at the bottom right? A halfling could break you.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 24, 2019

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
https://twitter.com/Sixdiceskills/status/1187361684299681792

Wonder what's with the Warcry bawxes. Friend says these ones will be more expensive.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

JcDent posted:

https://twitter.com/Sixdiceskills/status/1187361684299681792

Wonder what's with the Warcry bawxes. Friend says these ones will be more expensive.

Its probably fake. The Ogre team isn't the Oldheim Ogres for a start.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
But he brands himself as the "Honest Wargamer".

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Necromunda is loving awesome.

That is all.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

People are already reserving copies of the new Necro box. And the first of the Cults gangs comes out.
It's certainly interesting to see them develop more gangs and new stuff before they touch outlanders.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Hihohe posted:

I appreciate the WWE-style buttrock music accompanying the YouTube reveal vid

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

MrFlibble posted:

Its probably fake. The Ogre team isn't the Oldheim Ogres for a start.

The Oldheim Ogres were an original team of only Ogres. Maybe it's an Empire-like Ogre team?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm a little leery of the corpse grinders. Their only ranged weapons are the juves' pistols and, uh, that seems like a bad idea. Like Goliaths with less guns. Maybe they're cheap as hell (though chainaxes aren't) or maybe they've got a way to mitigate pinning. The models are fantastic though. Hopefully the juves and the enforcers' subjugators are a sign of things to come for the other gangs. I'd love to see secondary juve/alternate sculpt sprues for every gang.

I'm really excited to see what the entire ZM range looks like. I'm primarily a 30k player and it's my favorite way to play. The reveal video shows off some plastic tiles so there's definitely a real release coming.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

There's definitely a separate ZM release.

I'm hoping the ZM stuff gets Kill Team rules as well.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Hihohe posted:

No making GBS threads in a helmet mini. 6/10

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Indolent Bastard posted:

No making GBS threads in a helmet mini. 6/10

Leftmost guy is looking pretty good for a conversion, be the change you want to see in the world!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Need a gnoblar pissing in the gatorade

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Looks like... new Palatine Enforcer sprue has three guys on it (plus shields), and the Dark Uprising box has one regular Palatine Enforcer sprue and two of the new ones; meanwhile the Corpse Grinder Cult sprue has two small bodies/legs and three large ones, they share arms and gear, and the Dark Uprising box has three of 'em? Three sprues per gang and it explains the number of repeated poses I'm seeing in the pics. Does that seem right?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Stephenls posted:

Looks like... new Palatine Enforcer sprue has three guys on it (plus shields), and the Dark Uprising box has one regular Palatine Enforcer sprue and two of the new ones; meanwhile the Corpse Grinder Cult sprue has two small bodies/legs and three large ones, they share arms and gear, and the Dark Uprising box has three of 'em? Three sprues per gang and it explains the number of repeated poses I'm seeing in the pics. Does that seem right?

That seems bang on.

I am mostly interested in the terrain - Enforcers are a cool gang but not one I want to buy into just now, and I don't need all the dice/mat/rules paraphernalia.

Looks like the plastic floor tiles will be 4 (2'x2' board) for about £40? That's not 100% confirmed yet though. Rather expensive, unsurprisingly, but they do look very good. I wonder if there will be any sort of system to clip them together? Having unsecured tiles just sitting next to each other seems like a nightmare if you were trying to do a full size 4' x 4' table.

No idea when they will release the actual Zone Mortalis walls, stairs, walkways etc as separate pieces. I can definitely see myself getting some. I've got a good smattering of crates/barrels/barricades and the doors from the core set, as well as loads of shipping containers and 1 or 2 custom terrain pieces. I can fill out a decent Zone Mortalis board using the box tiles, I'd be really tempted to go for a full plastic ZM set up.

I held off on buying any MDF wall sets, because they just look a bit block-edged and are a pain to assemble. I'm sure a few people out there are kicking themselves for dropping £100 on them now - and conversely, I've seen at least one seller plugging his product on a FB group over the last week. The release of a GW terrain set has got to hit the 3rd party terrain market pretty hard.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Genghis Cohen posted:

I held off on buying any MDF wall sets, because they just look a bit block-edged and are a pain to assemble. I'm sure a few people out there are kicking themselves for dropping £100 on them now - and conversely, I've seen at least one seller plugging his product on a FB group over the last week. The release of a GW terrain set has got to hit the 3rd party terrain market pretty hard.
The MDF terrain that I spent $300 in total on will cover an entire 3x3 Zone Mortalis NM board AND a 3x3 3D board with dense multilevel terrain. The plastic GW stuff isn't going to come close to that coverage without spending $1000.

It's time consuming to put together, yeah, but it isn't difficult, and it sure as hell isn't worth the GW markup.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 4, 2019

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I envisage people using a mix of GW plastic, mdf and resin detail pieces.

The GW stuff will be pricey and mixing in some mdf and resin will make it go further. Though similarly mixing in some sector mechanicum that Necro players likely already have will make it go further.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

MDF ZM is a nightmare and I am glad we will see the end of it. I actually really like playing on the cardboard Necromunda tiles, so I hope they get to keep existing.

I just don't have the room for a permanently set up board for anything these days.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Plus point to card tiles in the box is you don't have to paint them and should be able to mix them with the existing NM tiles.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Unboxing

https://www.warhammer-community.com...34o%2B31VME2ghw

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

The MDF terrain that I spent $300 in total on will cover an entire 3x3 Zone Mortalis NM board AND a 3x3 3D board with dense multilevel terrain. The plastic GW stuff isn't going to come close to that coverage without spending $1000.

It's time consuming to put together, yeah, but it isn't difficult, and it sure as hell isn't worth the GW markup.

Even if it costs me $1k to buy the GW terrain for a full 4x4 board (which would be $62.50 average per tile, higher than I expect given that GW usually prices terrain around $10/sprue, and most tiles don't take 4 sprues), the $700 difference is worth it for not having to put together a full 4x4 of anyones MDF boards, and will be nicer to use.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Thundercloud posted:

Plus point to card tiles in the box is you don't have to paint them and should be able to mix them with the existing NM tiles.

Paper, not card. They cheaped out like with AI.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Any speculation on the Chorf entries? Pricing is too high for the modern teams (though $25 for a Bull Centaur is Big Guy-ish), but too low to be FW. Re-run of the old minis in finecast maybe?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

spacegoat posted:

Any speculation on the Chorf entries? Pricing is too high for the modern teams (though $25 for a Bull Centaur is Big Guy-ish), but too low to be FW. Re-run of the old minis in finecast maybe?
They'll be a made-to-order wave, possibly even in metal.

It's nice they're doing stuff like this, but it probably means new chorfs are a decent way off.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

That’s a sexiest box ever. I love the terrain, ministries and when I read them I hope the rules set.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Maybe that leak is in australia bucks.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 5, 2019

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Chorfs will be made to order again. The other leak doesn't have them but doesn't have direct items.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Hihohe posted:

Maybe that leak is in australia bucks.

We don't spell December with an i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Big Willy Style posted:

We don't spell December with an i

Does... does anybody?