Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The bar is pretty low right now itt so here's john k animating hank hill with mike j lending is voice because they've been buds since they were both vilified by 90s soccer moms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wetUmmnulng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ahhh, John K., Great Animator, terrible human being.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hihohe posted:

Ahhh, John K., Great Animator, terrible human being.

I mean, just because he groomed and slept with 14 year old girls doesn't necessarily he's a bad person!

Reading about that was pretty hard for me, I'd always thought of Ren and Stimpy as the defining cartoon of my childhood. :(

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

BigDave posted:

I mean, just because he groomed and slept with 14 year old girls doesn't necessarily he's a bad person!

Reading about that was pretty hard for me, I'd always thought of Ren and Stimpy as the defining cartoon of my childhood. :(

even before the grooming thing came out, pretty much everyone who ever worked with him said he sucked.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else remember the early episode where Hank decided to breed his dog Ladybird and she was like loving 10 years old?

Like dang ole, man.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
My name is Beverly. Why do you keep calling me Worf?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I don't know Trek well enough to add my own but the last few pages are just great.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

theres a really good moment in that trucker episode where peggy is telling her stupid christmas story and shes like "you got it?" to luanne

and luanne just says "oh! no. hehe."

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Ben Sisko rolls down window of spaceship: Oh yeah? Well my son is god to billions of bajorans!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
jake wishes he was as cool as Bobby

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
THATS MY LANTHUM!

I DON'T KNOW YOU!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jake wishes he was as cool as Bobby

I'm imagining Jake Sisko trying his hand at a comedy career:

"On Ferenginar, you put 'In Blessed Exchequer We Trust' on your money. In post-scarcity Earth, we have no money!"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I like to imagine when Bill goes "Take me with you, I hate it here..." to Dale while he's doing his Trek cosplay that he actually managed to beam up and the two of them went on some adventures :unsmith:

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Q: YOU GODDAMN SUMBITCHES IS ALLLL INBRED HICKS, OLDTOP!

Apologies for not going super far back in the thread, but does anyone remember the old promo just before the show premiered, where there was a jingle that had the line "This hound dog's name is Dale/He thinks the U.N.'s on his tale" as Dale hopped out a door, bound and gagged in just his underpants? I want to say this aired during a Super Bowl, but I haven't been able to locate it (as it would be half-remembered ephemera from 22 Years ago).

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I feel bad I don't remember that because KotH was starting just at the time my child brain absorbed pop culture. It's why the show is still my ultimate media comfort food.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pulchritudinous posted:

Q: YOU GODDAMN SUMBITCHES IS ALLLL INBRED HICKS, OLDTOP!

Apologies for not going super far back in the thread, but does anyone remember the old promo just before the show premiered, where there was a jingle that had the line "This hound dog's name is Dale/He thinks the U.N.'s on his tale" as Dale hopped out a door, bound and gagged in just his underpants? I want to say this aired during a Super Bowl, but I haven't been able to locate it (as it would be half-remembered ephemera from 22 Years ago).

you're lucky i found this while looking for the propane boom WHO DIES!?!?!?! teaser just a couple days ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAcYD4W3J-E

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Sweet Jesus that was fast, thank-you!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Peggy is nicknamed such because she is into pegging. That's why Hank has no rear end, she's pegged it into nonexistence

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
holy poo poo... in next of shin, when hank leaves to drive to vegas and look for cotton, he doesn't hug peggy goodbye, he gives her a vigorous handshake in the wideshot

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
"I'm looking at you with romantic intentions."

Arstavial
Aug 16, 2005
Saw this in Guam

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
drat, Bobby's back on the Alamo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've been listening to a lot of Lizzo lately.

naem
May 29, 2011

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Alternate universe KotH where they could save cottons legs is weirder than I thought.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

As much as I love the show, the fact that they called it the Bugebago and not the Winnebugo always annoyed the hell out of me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hihohe posted:

Alternate universe KotH where they could save cottons legs is weirder than I thought.

The only option was to add extra shins

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

They should've made Cottons arms longer so he looked like a gorilla. He was supposed to be about 6'4 before a Japan man blew his shins off with a machine gun.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Smiling Mandrill posted:

They should've made Cottons arms longer so he looked like a gorilla. He was supposed to be about 6'4 before a Japan man blew his shins off with a machine gun.

When is Activision going to grow some goddamn balls and put this into a Call of Duty game?

"Press F to pick up Good Hank"

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Cosmik Slop posted:

As much as I love the show, the fact that they called it the Bugebago and not the Winnebugo always annoyed the hell out of me.

Yeah but choosing and embracing the less funny dumber option is such a Dale thing to do

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Weird.... Toby Huss is in The Righteous Gemstones.

His character's name is "Dale Nancy".

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Who What Now posted:

When is Activision going to grow some goddamn balls and put this into a Call of Duty game?

"Press F to pick up Good Hank"

:hmmyes:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Weird.... Toby Huss is in The Righteous Gemstones.

His character's name is "Dale Nancy".

Ok all they need now is a William Sadler and I've got character actor BINGO

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

That is my purse

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Took this from the C-SPAM pics thread:

https://twitter.com/sugamommma/status/1188212240052293632?s=20

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
A friend told me that the Quebec version of King of the Hill is called "Henri pis sa gang" (Henry and his gang) and the series takes place in a (real) small town in Eastern Quebec called Sainte-Irene (population: 300 or so, lol). As you can guess, a lot of references to Texas/America in general were changed to more local ones.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

A friend told me that the Quebec version of King of the Hill is called "Henri pis sa gang" (Henry and his gang) and the series takes place in a (real) small town in Eastern Quebec called Sainte-Irene (population: 300 or so, lol). As you can guess, a lot of references to Texas/America in general were changed to more local ones.

Is the Ontario version Letterkenny?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Drove to texas to vote for george bush

naem
May 29, 2011

this isn’t the blessed thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

That is true. Also notable, the first QC dub was so loving bad that it was expunged and re-re-dubbed by more talented voice actors (mostly the same people who do QC Simpsons). Pound per pound, the english VO is better and the jokes land better but they really did a good job overall.