Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Flying_Crab posted:

I mean since he detonated an SVEST there's probably a fair chance his head was somewhat intact afterwards. Idk if we'd have stuck it in a bag though? All I'm saying is I wouldn't put it past Trump to display said head in the Rose Garden or tweet pictures of it if people doubt his bigly big military success.

If he made out with it would he lose the evangelical vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS posted:

Don't worry he was sent by God Jesus so it must be OK.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

BigDave posted:

Don't worry he was sent by God Jesus so it must be OK.

"A modern day King David"

Which checks out given King David's practice of purposefully endangering soldiers so he can benefit from their death

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Got to my internship, power was out, got back in my car and went home. Crediting 8hrs with doing coursework and research at home with supervising doggo

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It could also have been a missile, not a vest

Edit:

????

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/s...ingawful.com%2F

So this was entirely about allowing Turkey to ethnically cleanse the border region?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It could also have been a missile, not a vest

Edit:

????

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/s...ingawful.com%2F

I’m out on a walk laughing out loud like a crazy person.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBWUs8poYU&t=15s

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Yup, barely even past 9am and there goes my mind.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
The Great Decoruming has already begun:
https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/1188767147482333186?s=09
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1188795387164942336?s=09

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Putting kids in cages, crickets

Booing the man responsible? How dare you!?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, the office of the president deserves as much respect as the person currently occupying it demonstrates.

So, that's basically none right now.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

As a person with a PhD in molecular pharmacology I just really want to know what test DARPA or whomever cooked up that can do on-site rapid DNA matching with a specificity high enough to identify an individual person. I imagine two things, one, the test is custom made for that specific individual they’re looking for. Two, it likely requires some sort of electronic device for the assay and maybe with dedicated software to read and report the result. Stiill, if you’re marching SNPs I am loving amazed they could make that rapid and portable. If Baghdadi has a specific sequence in his DNA that nobody else in the world had they could use rapid PCR with a colorimetric result thing, but that would imply the military sequences his entire genome to go look.

All in all it’s a head scratcher.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Given the context in which said device is employed, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s its actual name.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

These people do realize that they're repeating one of Trump's chants back at him, right.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Blind Rasputin posted:

As a person with a PhD in molecular pharmacology I just really want to know what test DARPA or whomever cooked up that can do on-site rapid DNA matching with a specificity high enough to identify an individual person. I imagine two things, one, the test is custom made for that specific individual they’re looking for. Two, it likely requires some sort of electronic device for the assay and maybe with dedicated software to read and report the result. Stiill, if you’re marching SNPs I am loving amazed they could make that rapid and portable. If Baghdadi has a specific sequence in his DNA that nobody else in the world had they could use rapid PCR with a colorimetric result thing, but that would imply the military sequences his entire genome to go look.

I think it was facial recognition that ID'd him quick and they got DNA to 100% confirm.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1188750279509991429?s=21

Is Brexit getting delayed forever? Will they eventually just create a continuing resolution equivalent and kick the can down the road until the end of time?

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I think it was facial recognition that ID'd him quick and they got DNA to 100% confirm.

The DNA confirmation wait time would also explain why donnie dealz waited drat near 24 hours before holding the news conference. If it wasn't Baghdadi he could just make it about taking out some terrorists, a mini-rally, or just cancel it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
This is what the ping sounds like as it echos

https://twitter.com/shrekpisssiave/status/1188828893442117632?s=21

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’m having trouble following this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

These people do realize that they're repeating one of Trump's chants back at him, right.

And holding the president accountable would be sinking to his level. ~This is what centrists actually believe~

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Devil's advocate would say: microarrays are technically a "custom test for the individual they are looking for", but like who gives a crap, you can print em for a couple hundred/thousand bucks and it's routine practice. Rapid multi-color qPCR can also target multiple sites ala SNP for a 99% likelihood match, which won't hold up in court, but is good enough to do a press briefing based on.

If you want to go all scifi, you can also take a nanopore into the field and get results that are good enough (although that would probably be slower and would have the most obnoxious sample prep)

But yeah what Hot Karl Marx said, it sounds like they just got the body on a plane and did DNA id overnight before the press brief at some base.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gently caress these worthless, irredeemable pieces of poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm honestly surprised some of the more tech savvy types haven't deepfaked Baghdadi yet.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

colachute posted:

I'm guessing Q said that the deep state controls MLB.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Delta Force carries a portable mass spec everywhere they go, duh

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

colachute posted:

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1188750279509991429?s=21

Is Brexit getting delayed forever? Will they eventually just create a continuing resolution equivalent and kick the can down the road until the end of time?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

or they identified him a different way and just say DNA to cover up the fact that they had a camera inside the compound or whatever

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Trump killed Baghdadi!

Next on Fox News, see Rush Lumbaugh kill umami with the cooking trick the Libs are keeping for themselves!

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

colachute posted:

That just means you're not schizophrenic or bipolar.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
It's probably like a lovely 23AndMe where they run the sample and it tells them he's 100% Arab. "LOOKS LIKE WE GOT HIM FOLKS 🤠"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"The office of the president deserves respect," I continue to insist as the president wipes his rear end with the Constitution for the 500th time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Or they had Al Baghdadi dead months ago and in a cooler to bust him out as a distraction :freep:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm guessing they did biometrics on site, DNA after return, but I'm a fat idiot on the internet.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm guessing they did biometrics on site, DNA after return, but I'm a fat idiot on the internet.

knowing this president, I bet ya they didnt even get him

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

Thr rumor mill is claiming his head was intact.

Which is not unheard of with suicide vests

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

That Works posted:

Or they had Al Baghdadi dead months ago and in a cooler to bust him out as a distraction :freep:

That would square with the Russian "what the hell are you talking about?" reaction to the announcement.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

If he was walking around the rose garden naked except for the head being held up by his dick he wouldnt lose the evangelical vote because he would be putting a filthy muslim in his place. He wont lose the evangelicals until theres a different republican nominee to face a democrat

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RichardEngel/status/1188865788117164032

:yooge: I hope the Kurds thank me for the beautiful ceasefire

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Stravag posted:

If he was walking around the rose garden naked except for the head being held up by his dick he wouldnt lose the evangelical vote because he would be putting a filthy muslim in his place. He wont lose the evangelicals until theres a different republican nominee to face a democrat

It's a hell of a way to get ahead of the news cycle :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Internet Wizard posted:

"A modern day King David"

Which checks out given King David's practice of purposefully endangering soldiers so he can benefit from their death

And that's barely scratching the surface. (for David)

Voyerism.
Rape.
Impregnation.
Calls the husband back from the front, expecting he'll have sex with his wife and think he impregnated her.
[But husband won't have sex with his wife because "The army and my men are back there in the suck, there's no way I'm going home to eat and drink and bang my wife while they're still out in the field."]
Gets the husband drunk and sends him him home to bang his wife, but he still doesn't.
Sends the husband back to the front, hand carrying the instructions that required the general to place the husband on point at the fiercest fighting and then for the rest of the army to retreat back, abandoning him to be killed.
Husband is killed. (as well as others who were killed in order to get husband into a risky enough spot)
Marries the widow.
(2nd Samuel, Chapt. 11)

King David: King Jody.

And on the subject of decapitation, after David killed Goliath, he cut off Goliath's head and took it back to the capital to present to the king.