Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Pesmerga posted:

It’s funny how anything said in this thread that goes against the consensus is suddenly FBPE, when this is about Labour getting dragged into an election it claimed it wanted and has been ready for since 2017 in a way that every other party can start all campaigning with ‘and Labour didn’t even want this election anyway’.
"I am absolutely furious because the thread refuses to accept that Joremy Crombyn is poo poo" is basically your loving gimmick at this point mate :v:

Edit: catte baby bat tax

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Isn't the difference between the 9th and the 12th the location of quite a lot of students?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Tesseraction posted:

dog pile attempt failed because the woofers all got distracted by a squirrel
Huh I dug up some pictures of that yesterday

My Maggie (RIP :() making a new friend

...his name's Baz, he lived with us for a bit. Yeah I know greys are bastards, but I couldn't leave the little guy out there, he was in a dog walking park literally climbing on the doggos

e: yeh they're photos of a laptop screen, fite me

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Tsietisin posted:

December 10 1/2th?

Polling booths on platform 9 3/4

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Has anyone checked the use of the plural here?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I heard bojo is getting an extension

Hopefully that fixes the marital situation for the Pm

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Pesmerga, your hysterical shrieking about quite literally everything Labour does do, doesn't do and could potentially do has been so far above what other people have been capable of being fanatically terrified of that I'm almost impressed.

Except it's incredibly loving tiresome and probably very bad for your health. You need to spend a month in a dark room with no outside contact.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

What's the relevance of arguing between a GE on the 9th, or the 12th? Is it just posturing to be able to say "no we won the argument"? Sorry if this has already been discussed, I had to skip a load of weekend chat to catch up with the thread (because I spent ten hours playing Megaquarium on the Switch).

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Isn't the difference between the 9th and the 12th the location of quite a lot of students?

It's a Monday/Thursday on the same week - so not really as they tend to move on weekends when adults with cars are around. Some terms will have ended by that week but not all, it'll be last week of term though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sanford posted:

What's the relevance of arguing between a GE on the 9th, or the 12th? Is it just posturing to be able to say "no we won the argument"? Sorry if this has already been discussed, I had to skip a load of weekend chat to catch up with the thread (because I spent ten hours playing Megaquarium on the Switch).

I believe the intent is to force parliament to dissolve earlier so he can't try to push his deal through, and also I've read a fair few people comment on student turnout due to being at uni/back home for the holiday, which I believe was a factor in the 2017 election too.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
it's sad there's no outer worlds on my zelda box but for some weird reason i found a ps4 under my tv

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tsietisin posted:

December 10 1/2th?

Boris Johnson will be running on a solid conservative platform 9 3/4s

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
lol who was complaining earlier about Diane Abbott going quiet

https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1188844371598368770

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cerv posted:

Has anyone checked the use of the plural here?

Apparently at their current half life three perfectly spherical MPs remain in the cucktig.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Doccykins posted:

This is the Diane Abbott I can get behind.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Doccykins posted:

Ukmt-sickos.jpeg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Apparently at their current half life three perfectly spherical MPs remain in the cucktig.
Mike Gapes' head resembles the perfectly spherical smooth ball of mechanics questions.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Ukmt-sickos.jpeg

Christmas election edition

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Mike Gapes' head resembles the perfectly spherical smooth ball of mechanics questions.

The miwk from a fwiktionwiss sphewical cow in the norf

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/ZoeJardiniere/status/1188845081333293056?s=20

This Diane Abbott I'm less into.

This tweet I'm into

https://twitter.com/schmrn/status/1042385629546467328?s=20

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Guavanaut posted:

A perfectly smooth sphere of milk is growing at a rate of 5 gal/minute. How fast is the radius of the sphere growing when all the milk on earth is contained within?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
someone make a Chrome extension which replaces "a Labour source" with "that oval office Tom Watson" tia

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

I mean trying to stop people-trafficking seems to be a generally good idea

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fuvk the pro tory headlines would be a gas of labour wins on christmas

CORBYN STOLE CHRISTMAS
The red grinch of islington

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

I mean trying to stop people-trafficking seems to be a generally good idea

Shite way to go about it. More border controls isn't really a good answer unless the question is "what's a loving bad idea?"

Lower restrictions to entry & shock horror, this would also cut people trafficking and have the added bonus of not being nativist horseshit.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In her defence this is what the transport union said in response to the discovery, that Brexit is going to royally gently caress up their ability to stop human trafficking.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

Spherical smooth balls I could cope with. Smooth rings sliding on rough strings, no. I always missed a force out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In my experience balls are rarely spherical or smooth.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

In my experience balls are rarely spherical or smooth.

You're not polishing them hard enough.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

someone make a Chrome extension which replaces "a Labour source" with "that oval office Tom Watson" tia
s/a Labour source/that oval office Tom Watson/g

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1188769711640797184

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

He said no buts

One but is allowed.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Shite way to go about it. More border controls isn't really a good answer unless the question is "what's a loving bad idea?"

Lower restrictions to entry & shock horror, this would also cut people trafficking and have the added bonus of not being nativist horseshit.

lowering restrictions is at best a partial measure towards stopping people-trafficking since it only works if potential immigrants know about it

so it'd probably reduce trafficking from mainland Europe but it's not going to help Syrian refugees or working-class Chinese or anyone who can't easily access https://www.gov.uk/immigration to find out that they can get into the UK without needing to pay thousands to be smuggled in

any measure which reduces the chance of people dying in the back of a lorry in an industrial estate in Essex can only be a good thing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/HannahAlOthman/status/1188804108859445248?s=20

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

so it'd probably reduce trafficking from mainland Europe but it's not going to help Syrian refugees or working-class Chinese or anyone who can't easily access https://www.gov.uk/immigration to find out that they can get into the UK without needing to pay thousands to be smuggled in

lol that page 404s nice government great job

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hows the new job jose

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Something something bollocks to Brexit

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Nice flag of Big Nev.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Spherical smooth balls I could cope with. Smooth rings sliding on rough strings, no. I always missed a force out.
Alternate universe where Quentin Crisp wrote maths textbooks.

Julio Cruz posted:

lowering restrictions is at best a partial measure towards stopping people-trafficking since it only works if potential immigrants know about it

any measure which reduces the chance of people dying in the back of a lorry in an industrial estate in Essex can only be a good thing
Also we need to draw a firm distinction between 'fair migration of people into communities where they will have employment protections' and 'trafficking of humans as a commodity for unrecorded labor in terrible conditions'.

That's not something that seems to go up as the other goes down, it's something that goes up as global movement of goods and capital goes up and as governments aren't prepared to spend effort tackling it, because it's another type of commodity trade (a terrible one).

Lib Dems: Why won't Jeremy support a second referendum.
Also Lib Dems: We won't support Jeremy's second referendum.
:clegg:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Doccykins posted:

lol that page 404s nice government great job

I've no idea what the government page containing immigration rules and regs is (probably region-blocked so you can't access it outside the UK) but I'm entirely unsurprised that it's not where the logical place to put it would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

My favourite thing about the current lib dem policy is that it's a) revoke, not 2nd ref and b) we want a 2nd ref more than labour - at the same time.