Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Every time I hear about some gender reveal bullshit, it's always some poo poo like this :

quote:

(CNN)Family members had hoped to build a contraption for a fun gender reveal party in Iowa, but they instead built an explosive device that killed a grandmother, police said Monday.
"This family got together for what they thought was going to be a happy event with no intent for anyone to get hurt," Marion County Sheriff Jason Sandholdt said.
Pamela Kreimeyer, 56, was killed when a piece of shrapnel from the device struck her in the head at the Saturday soiree in rural Knoxville, about 40 miles southeast of Des Moines.
Members of Kreimeyer's family got together Friday to begin experimenting with "different types of explosive material" in hopes of creating a gender reveal device and recording the unveiling for friends and family on social media, the sheriff's office said in a statement.

"On Saturday afternoon five family members and the expectant mother gathered and placed gunpowder in the bottom of a homemade stand that was welded to a metal base plate," the sheriff's statement said.
They drilled a hole in the side of the stand to install a fuse and placed a piece of wood on top of the gunpowder, before adding colored powder indicating the baby's gender, the statement said. The idea was that once the gunpowder ignited, it would launch the powder into the air -- typically blue for a boy or pink for a girl.
But when the family members placed tape over the top of the metal tubing, they inadvertently created a pipe bomb, authorities said.

Why do people even care about this nonsense? Is it just another way to try and get free presents before the baby shower or just another dumb way to stick it to those LBGT LIBTARDS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/natashabertrand/status/1188869533076992000?s=21

:smugdon:

I can’t fathom what it must be like to be a career intel or flag officer having to deal with Trump on issues of national security. Just when you think he can’t possibly be more stupid, well hold my beer.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

If you’re a General you’re either a part of the problem that’s enabling trump or you got out as a terminal O-3

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Flying_Crab posted:

https://twitter.com/natashabertrand/status/1188869533076992000?s=21

:smugdon:

I can’t fathom what it must be like to be a career intel or flag officer having to deal with Trump on issues of national security. Just when you think he can’t possibly be more stupid, well hold my beer.

It’s projection.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ded posted:

Why do people even care about this nonsense? Is it just another way to try and get free presents before the baby shower or just another dumb way to stick it to those LBGT LIBTARDS!!!

I've been wondering this for a while and I really do think it's this

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LingcodKilla posted:

It’s projection.

clingtoagent.gif

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

obama would poo poo talk dems he did't like as "morning joe watchers"

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

This Gulen poo poo is loving weird: https://twitter.com/kevinwhitelaw1/status/1188891428472139777?s=21

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Man gently caress that guy who didn't fire on Erdogan's plane

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXBkcTVZ5ng

If only the Flynn duo could have gotten him

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ded posted:

Every time I hear about some gender reveal bullshit, it's always some poo poo like this :

I think it's mostly for attention like everything on social media.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

*The nation’s dumbest Senator has entered the arena*

https://twitter.com/danielbice/status/1188892039062196231?s=21

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

ded posted:

It's literally another event cooked up by capitalism to sell cards, catering, and dumb trinkets to idiots.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1188884270691037185

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I just flipped off marine one with the president in it. That’s about the only highlight of my day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Richard Bong posted:

I just flipped off marine one with the president in it. That’s about the only highlight of my day.

o7

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
It amazes me that the Tories went and picked two Prime Ministers in a row who are both worse than the guy who hosed a dead pig.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
whimpering and crying are definitely things a jihadi does before punching their own ticket to heaven

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Richard Bong posted:

Thank you for your cervix

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Slim Pickens posted:

whimpering and crying are definitely things a jihadi does before punching their own ticket to heaven

when you're lying in the Syrian oil fields
and Delta comes to cut up what's left
roll onto your vest, crying and whimpering
and go to Allah like a soldier

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
House is holding a vote Thursday to define and outline the remaining impeachment proceedings. They will formalize the process to publicize the deposition testimony and begin public hearings afterwards. Pelosi also made it a point to state that they do not need to hold a vote and this vote is not about the beginning of impeachment proceedings, but that it will remove the last remaining justification the White House has to continue its obstruction of justice.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's also rumors that it's to placate some of the decorum crew (both parties, both parts of congress) who have privately admitted that if that condition isn't met they won't vote.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vasudus posted:

There's also rumors that it's to placate some of the decorum crew (both parties, both parts of congress) who have privately admitted that if that condition isn't met they won't vote.

She said flat out in the letter that it isn't necessary to hold a vote to being the impeachment, and they are not holding the vote because the republicans have been bitching about it. The vote is because they're establishing the remaining rules and it's required at this point.

Might it have the benefit of placating them? Yes. But, regardless, anytime the House changes or establishes new rules they have to vote.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i didn't read the letter because this is a post escalator world

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vasudus posted:

i didn't read the letter because this is a post escalator world

I don't blame, you, to be honest.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:whoptc:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1188909031403900928

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The president is trying to woo you with doggo pics. Do not fall for it.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Ceiling fan posted:

It amazes me that the Tories went and picked two Prime Ministers in a row who are both worse than the guy who hosed a dead pig.

Ever think they're the best candidates... and then get sadder?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Clutching pearls over decorum is just a publicly acceptable way of licking that boot

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

EBB posted:

Clutching pearls over decorum is just a publicly acceptable way of licking that boot

wow u dont seem very reasonable. come back when u wanna discuss this calmly and rationally

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

That’s a good dog, I hope they’re still alive and can retire to get lots of pets and run as free as they want to.

Edit:

MRC48B posted:

The president is trying to woo you with doggo pics. Do not fall for it.

Damnit!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

My Spirit Otter posted:

wow u dont seem very reasonable. come back when u wanna discuss this calmly and rationally

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words.

You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Reported!

lol

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Bad Poster posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words.

You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re loving dead, kiddo.

username checks out.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

edit: twitter is confused about the dog's name being classified. I 100% pray its actually a giant who's on first joke.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 28, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the dog's name is conan

the dog is a she

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

all praise conan

good girl for life

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

edit: twitter is confused about the dog's name being classified. I 100% pray its actually a giant who's on first joke.

:nsa:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Didn't someone say earlier that the dog got killed in the raid or?

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The dog was described as a “casualty” and now is ok.