Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I mean, just farming up augs, clickies, doing OoW epics, AA catchup, etc. is going to take the whole first 90 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe it’s a big ruse by DGB. Make bad TLPs and then release another selo server without a dumb expansion release of 4(6?) weeks and FV loot rules to pander to the masses (and make mad krono sells).

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
What a strange server. Most importantly, why truebox? I at least understand it for TLP because it's more classic or whatever (plus it's a lot easier to box) but at house of thule point who gives a poo poo if people want to box up a group? All I see from this server is like one month of interest where 75% of people flame the gently caress out doing all the old raid crap, epics, etc or just hang out in the house for a while then quit.

Kind of a shame, too since HoT is a fun expansion.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

koreban posted:

I mean, just farming up augs, clickies, doing OoW epics, AA catchup, etc. is going to take the whole first 90 days.

And then your reward for doing all that work is having VoA dropped on you.

I genuinely don't even know if people are going to be able to do VoA group content on such a server. Unless it's been changed in the long while I did it in VoA nameds just one round J5 merc tanks and non-raid geared ones if you got an unlucky round + named's 30-40k proc / spell off at the same time.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
As long as the heroic character quests are still in it should be ok. They give you a set of good enough augs.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

r0rb posted:

As long as the heroic character quests are still in it should be ok. They give you a set of good enough augs.

They aren't, unless it's been changed since I last read it. You're going to have to do the SoD merc unlocking too as the easy one in HoT Dream wasn't added until COTF.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Hey at least the drama in Korascian Warrens will be funny for the month people are vaguely interested in the server.

The more I think about this server the worse it gets. And potentially funnier.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

Tehran 1979 posted:

They aren't, unless it's been changed since I last read it. You're going to have to do the SoD merc unlocking too as the easy one in HoT Dream wasn't added until COTF.

Wow this server sounds terrible.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

r0rb posted:

Wow this server sounds terrible.

I don't even know what's going on at this point, they seem to specifically be trying to make it fail.

Q: Do Heroic Chars come with Epics?
A: No, they do not.

Q: If not will AoCs be active?
A: When Miragul launches they will not be, but it is possible they will be added in later.

Q: Will the level restriction on Naggy and Vox be lifted as everyone is level 85?
A: The level restriction will not be lifted on Naggy and Vox

Q: What Trade skill AAs & skills will be granted? We are worried since we are all starting at level 85 so there will be no market for low level items.
A: Except in cases where there are racial bonuses, new Heroic Characters do not start with tradeskills.

We knew epics didn't come with heroic characters, but with no AoC's several classes are royally hosed because even their pre-quest skip to 1.5 require 3+ day respawns (paladins need maestro of rancor drop, etc).

No tradeskills means nobody is going to be able to make the templates you need for HoT gear.

The gently caress are they thinking?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Tehran 1979 posted:

We knew epics didn't come with heroic characters, but with no AoC's several classes are royally hosed because even their pre-quest skip to 1.5 require 3+ day respawns (paladins need maestro of rancor drop, etc).

No tradeskills means nobody is going to be able to make the templates you need for HoT gear.

The gently caress are they thinking?

While this server is a dumpster fire, a few things to offset your complaints:

There are 'harbinger' NPCs that were put in with COTF but are available, at least most of them, in House of Thule. You simply talk to them when you're at the right step and you spawn the target you need with an item only you can loot / convert into the actual epic item. They're on a 15 minute respawn as long as all of the associated boss(es) are dead (for example, the Harbinger of Fear pops 15 minutes after you kill Cazic-Thule in Plane of Fear)

You only need tradeskills for Tier 1 group armor, which if I recall everyone starts with already. For Tier 1 raid armor, you're correct though. You do, however, need a shitload of plat to buy the templates for Tier 2, 3, and 4.

I don't remember the HoT plat farm being that lucrative, and they removed the mobs in Guardian of the Sands dropping loot, so yeah have fun with that...

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

Hoohah posted:

You only need tradeskills for Tier 1 group armor, which if I recall everyone starts with already.

You start with gear that's the equivalent to Abstruse, but is called Heroic *Class, but it doesn't work for upgrading to T2, so it's poo poo either way you go with either eating a huge plat tax or waiting until somebody has ~500 blacksmithing.

I didn't think they would have harbingers since they were added COTF but if they were on Phinny before then that'll help a lot. Still rather stupid to make a new server where everyone is going to want to get their outdated poo poo like epics while they can one shot anything with power creep and specifically choose not to put AoC's in.

I'm eerily invested in seeing how quickly this server dies and I don't even know why.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I just really want to know whose brain child it is because it's an interesting idea in theory but there's just so many more bad ideas tied to it to sink it before it's even out.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Stanos posted:

I just really want to know whose brain child it is because it's an interesting idea in theory but there's just so many more bad ideas tied to it to sink it before it's even out.

Someone probably suggested it and it was okayed with the caveat that they spend zero dev time beyond implementing heroic characters

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
....they're *disabling* AOCs?

What the hell. Why is that even a thing? I didn't think that was possible.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

Devor posted:

Someone probably suggested it and it was okayed with the caveat that they spend zero dev time beyond implementing heroic characters

Probably right considering their front page ad for the server:

Is a dead link:

"Well Tehran, you autist, they just need time to change it, calm down!"

It's been a dead link for 5 days now.

Edit: Day 6, still dead. Don't worry, I will continue to keep everyone notified of this late breaking story.

Edit: One week of not working was the limit, now it's working one day before the server actually launches. Hope somebody actually plays on the server and lets us know how much of a colossal fuckup it ends up being

Tehran 1979 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Nov 5, 2019

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I don't know if anyone here still plays live and gives a poo poo about the upcoming expansion but they did a tuning pass on the trash mobs finally and apparently now tanks aren't getting 1rounded by blues anymore. I haven't hopped into beta yet but I'm curious to see if the T1 ToV zones are more accessible than say, literally anything in TBL which was a dumpster fire of an expansion

I'm gonna betacopy my SK Bard over and see what I can do, group geared but I have logs from the past 3 expansions so if I still give a poo poo I can compare relative damage output and get an idea of whether or not this is going to be another relatively inaccessible expansion or if we're getting another EoK

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Not really relevant to me, however I started a character on a live server tonight because even after 20 years I can't quit this dumb game for too long. I'm going to level up and transfer one of my TLP characters when I get to around level 75 or so and continue with the 2 box setup after that.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Anybody bought the TLP bundle for Miragul and able to say what weight percentage the 20 and 16 slot bags are? Would think 100% but the anniversary bundle had two 50% ones.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

blatman posted:

I don't know if anyone here still plays live and gives a poo poo about the upcoming expansion but they did a tuning pass on the trash mobs finally and apparently now tanks aren't getting 1rounded by blues anymore. I haven't hopped into beta yet but I'm curious to see if the T1 ToV zones are more accessible than say, literally anything in TBL which was a dumpster fire of an expansion

I'm gonna betacopy my SK Bard over and see what I can do, group geared but I have logs from the past 3 expansions so if I still give a poo poo I can compare relative damage output and get an idea of whether or not this is going to be another relatively inaccessible expansion or if we're getting another EoK

I still play live. I don't have beta access because I refuse to preorder, but some of my guildmates said the relative difficulty was planned to be lower than tbl. I actually enjoyed tbl, but I didn't play it until after gmm and I had a chance to gear up all my non-vis slots. I 6 boxed all tbl mercs, parts, hunters and hero missions. Now I'm leveling a 2nd 6 box team in an effort to cap fellowship vitality on my main group before the expansion drops. That way I can boost straight to 115 in the first day or two.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

That's good to hear, I'm really hoping it's tuned more like when EoK was current so I can hang out with less obsessive dudes in frosty-frontier-mountains but still have harder content for when I want to remind myself what ornament I have on my shield

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
RIP Brad.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
I'll still never forgive him for making a game that wouldn't even run worth a drat on my $4,000 PC that I specifically made to play that game.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Tehran 1979 posted:

I'll still never forgive him for making a game that wouldn't even run worth a drat on my $4,000 PC that I specifically made to play that game.

Vanguard was the first game I built a PC for and that was a wild ride of frustration, anger, and grief. That trauma will be seared in my memory for the rest of my life. Early EQ sure was fantastic though. :rip:

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
/salute

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
ah, bummer

51 is so young

:rip:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I checked beta a bit when I got a window of free time, I only checked GD and Velks and only trash mobs, here's my findings (sk bard 2box, one healer merc)

Great Divide is gonna be slowly doable by casual players, I was 2h tanking 2 white cons at once at 110 with max group gear but I only have like 5600 ac with a 2hander so a tank using a shield and conflagrant armor should be able to handle these mobs. Note: they have tons of HP

Velks Lab I betabuffed to 115 and kept using my 110 TBL gear with TBL spells, the first 2pull of ghost monsters was rough but I disced through it with a 1h/shield, my hp was hitting 20% fairly regularly but I was able to stay alive with a few lifetaps and a single merc healer, spiders are undead and easier than the ghost monsters but everything here has an obscene amount of HP

I ran out of time at this point but next time I'm going to grab like 5 or 6 slots of ToV T2 (the T1 appears to be worse than the tradeskill armor from TBL and at least the knight 2hander was a decent sized downgrade going from the GMM Howler mission one to T1 ToV) and start bumbling around with that to see what it's gonna be like a few weeks into the expansion

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

blatman posted:

I checked beta a bit when I got a window of free time, I only checked GD and Velks and only trash mobs, here's my findings (sk bard 2box, one healer merc)

Great Divide is gonna be slowly doable by casual players, I was 2h tanking 2 white cons at once at 110 with max group gear but I only have like 5600 ac with a 2hander so a tank using a shield and conflagrant armor should be able to handle these mobs. Note: they have tons of HP

Velks Lab I betabuffed to 115 and kept using my 110 TBL gear with TBL spells, the first 2pull of ghost monsters was rough but I disced through it with a 1h/shield, my hp was hitting 20% fairly regularly but I was able to stay alive with a few lifetaps and a single merc healer, spiders are undead and easier than the ghost monsters but everything here has an obscene amount of HP

I ran out of time at this point but next time I'm going to grab like 5 or 6 slots of ToV T2 (the T1 appears to be worse than the tradeskill armor from TBL and at least the knight 2hander was a decent sized downgrade going from the GMM Howler mission one to T1 ToV) and start bumbling around with that to see what it's gonna be like a few weeks into the expansion

Thanks for the trip report! I'm probably going to level 111+ In gmm/TBL/ROS before going to TOV other than to buy spells. I still have some augs to farm there and it sounds like kills will be much faster. I find it odd that the new T1 group gear is worse than current T3 gear considering the level cap increase. It's basically throw away gear at that point.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Yeah if you're in GMM you can kill probably 4 mobs by the time you kill one Great Divide zombie and you might as well farm some cliff stones for later because it looks like they haven't upgraded power sources

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

blatman posted:

Yeah if you're in GMM you can kill probably 4 mobs by the time you kill one Great Divide zombie and you might as well farm some cliff stones for later because it looks like they haven't upgraded power sources

I wonder what the hot exploit that will have people eating 2 week suspensions a month after release will be.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

In the off chance that anyone gives a poo poo, the recent bard changes made Tune Stuck in your Head passive, meaning songs last like 34 seconds baseline now, so bards can spam aoe mez with full mez uptime until they fall asleep from boredom but they keep mezzing while they're keyboard napping so nobody will notice until the group moves and the bard just keeps mezzing poo poo as it wanders by locking down the entire zone until the servers go down and the game gets sold to an even sketchier company

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just resubbed and moved my crew to a live server. I was super excited that I was twisting 6 or 7 songs plus selos in my melody chain on the box bard.

Glad to hear I can reasonably make a mez macro for my bard now.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

If you want to get real fancy you can farm "The Lady's Entreaty" from Plane of Shadow for a tash clicky, I use it when 2boxing Tyrant of Fire to pre-tash the mobs that put up that magic resist self buff, just click it then as soon as it lands hit fade and repeat until all the robe dudes are tashed then mez should land 100% of the time

This strategy also makes the last pull of Fight Fire completely trivial if you want to farm evolving loot

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
I’m 76/77 right now. It’ll be a good while before I get to that level. I’m still getting used to using mercs and finding zones to level in.

I also only moved my SK and Bard. I’m debating a third box, leaning toward leveling a Ranger and trying to pick up one of those 90% fleeting quivers and 23 damage arrows for a slick little ranged attack dps box starting as soon as I can get the endless quiver AA.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

If you're not dead-set on the ranger, druids actually synergize really well with sks and bards, their atk debuffs lower incoming melee damage about as well as shaman debuffs and the caster buff wolf mode AA severely buffs lifetaps. Druids can churn out freakishly good dps considering they're a healer especially with bard buffs, reptile buff is crazy good for tanking piles of trash mobs and you don't have to deal with trying to box a ranged that has to stay close but not too close (jolting kicks has a range that lands just inside your minimum bow distance)

I'm a big fan of sk bard as a base for groups, you add literally any 3rd box to that and you're set until the eq servers shut off. I went for this duo so I could barely claw my way through TBL progression for friends/guildies/whatever but honestly even with no raid gear it's absurd how effective this duo is, I bet you could completely wreck those Dead Hills missions from Gribble Grobblenobbler or whatever his name is just because you have bard buffs and spammable aoe mez and a tank that can blast a ton of aggro in the first 2 seconds of every pull (I think those start at 75 if you haven't started them already, use the completion points for ac augs so you can skip months of farming!)

Before I stop rambling, I have one piece of advice: once you hit 85, make sure the archetype aa "Weapon Stances" is active on your SK, it will widen the survivability gap between 2handers and sword-and-board but in doing so it basically doubles your 2h dps while giving your shield-mode an absolute ton of added survivability, but last time I checked aa autogrant wasn't activating it properly so a lot of guys were getting to like 95 and not understanding why they couldn't cleave mobs in half like other tanks

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
My main since 1999 has been a Druid. When I quit on Phinny during TBS I had Druid main/SK main alt and bard/cleric/zerker rounding out my box crew.

I was sort of hoping to not be back to Druid again, but you’re making a drat compelling argument for it.

I knew about reptile, but I hadn’t gotten to the wolf form AA thing yet before I stopped playing.

Guess I’ll be reconsidering that decision to not bring the Druid over.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Newest beta trip report:

Looks like T1 gear is attunable, at least the jewelry and weapons and shields and whatnot are, and they buffed T1 visibles to be a slight upgrade over T3 TBL

Mobs seem like they're right on the money for difficulty but I didn't get a chance to kill a namer when I was testing T2

Absolutely barrels of undead, this is a good expansion to play a knight because I was landing helix on pretty much everything, paladins will probably have a better time but I don't play one so I don't know

The tunnel between bank and arena in Kael is absolutely 100% NOT EVEN REMOTELY SAFE

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007
This is a little silly, because I mostly want to log into my old characters for nostalgia's sake: I cannot access my Daybreak account and I am pretty sure I have not logged in since it was still the station. Has anyone had success contacting them and if so, via what means?

Also: would my old chars still be around for EQ and EQ2? Should I just go multibox on p99 or elsewhere?

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

!amicable posted:

This is a little silly, because I mostly want to log into my old characters for nostalgia's sake: I cannot access my Daybreak account and I am pretty sure I have not logged in since it was still the station. Has anyone had success contacting them and if so, via what means?

Also: would my old chars still be around for EQ and EQ2? Should I just go multibox on p99 or elsewhere?

Your EQ chars will still be around. I dug mine out of the grave about 6 months ago. You can send some password reset emails to yourself if you remember the original emails.

If you don't have the original email you can contact them via email. However, they will probably require the secret question, possibly the last digits of the CC used.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

diapermeat posted:

Your EQ chars will still be around. I dug mine out of the grave about 6 months ago. You can send some password reset emails to yourself if you remember the original emails.

If you don't have the original email you can contact them via email. However, they will probably require the secret question, possibly the last digits of the CC used.

Noice. Got this sorted pretty easily.

Is there a guide for like....PoP-era players on what to do to stomp through old zones that were totally relegated to groups? I'd love to punch stuff in LGuk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

As far as I know there is no guides for anything, but honestly if you're around that level just hire a tank or wizard mercenary and go apeshit. If you don't want your npc hireling doing all the work, buy a bunch of level appropriate Defiant gear and go apeshit yourself. What server are you on?