Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

ManBoyChef posted:

does he not understand that impeachment is a political process not a criminal one? Help me out here because I feel like im in crazy town.

It is his job to purposefully misunderstand in the way that is most palatable to his cultist constituency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

friendbot2000 posted:

We all are friend and the city limits keep expanding.

Crazy town: more sensible municipal organization that most of our country.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

Nice post/avatar combo there.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The Super-Id posted:

Man, Trump's comments about blowing him up with body parts everywhere are especially gross with a studio audience laughing at them.
Weird, it IS super gross that the audience was laughing at a part of Trump's speech that wasn't included in this clip.

what the hell are you talking about

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Spicer moving on and Karamo going home made my fiancée shout at the TV like I would watching sports.

I’m just picturing how she’ll react when the doofus wins the whole thing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

It is his job to purposefully misunderstand in the way that is most palatable to his cultist constituency.

also he's real loving dumb

it actually makes it a little hard to separate out when he's being intentionally dumb and unintentionally dumb

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

SchrodingersCat posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

What the hell is wrong with you.

Quoting so doesn't get lost on the previous page, I do not think this will end well for anyone. Is the military even armed at the border? they're Corps of Engineers folks, I thought...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1189152265866797057?s=21

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1189199961176596480
https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1189205080874061825

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

Spicer moving on and Karamo going home made my fiancée shout at the TV like I would watching sports.

Make sure your fiancee knows that Karamo sucks too. (Just not as much as Sean Spicer)

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

it begins! the right wing spin machine springs to life. It will begin churning and smearing vindman just like so many before him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Soviet Union, well known for thinking very highly of it’s Ukrainian territory and it’s political interests.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

what a loving corncob

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Mahoning posted:

Make sure your fiancee knows that Karamo sucks too. (Just not as much as Sean Spicer)

What did Karamo do? I know nothing about him beyond what’s on his Wikipedia page.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
The best thing about Twitter is it lets me call Lindsey Graham stupid

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

St. Dogbert posted:

He's going to win because Trump keeps telling people to vote for him and the base will gleefully do so because they think it will trigger the libs. No one else really cares.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

He immigrated to the US when he was four. Put the loving Tom Clancy novels down, Brian.

EDIT: Actually this might even be sub-Clancy level, since this is a plot point right out of Storming Intrepid.

Hobo Clown posted:

He's going to win because Trump keeps telling people to vote for him and the base will gleefully do so because they think it will trigger the libs. No one else really cares.

Literally when I first heard he was on DWTS my thought was "oh is that show still around" and then stopped giving a gently caress.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 29, 2019

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

like i said before it isnt a criminal proceeding. This is why right wingers are so poorly informed or outright believe things that aren't true. Their leaders are not called out for deliberate misinformation so the fabrications stand.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

What did Karamo do? I know nothing about him beyond what’s on his Wikipedia page.

Well he called Sean Spicer a great guy for one.....but he also continually bashes Bernie Sanders despite Bernie supporting the LGBTQ community longer than almost any other politician in the entire country.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

I thought DWTS had put in some sort of thing where the vote getter who is not good at dancing doesn't win in the end like Bobby Bones did due to the drama around that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1189197279170830336

lol

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Weird, it IS super gross that the audience was laughing at a part of Trump's speech that wasn't included in this clip.

what the hell are you talking about

Sorry, you are right, he doesn't mention that and my brain inserted it. Still, it is super gross to hear Trump talking about shooting and blasting and a man dying like a dog and a bunch of people laughing uproariously at it.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

ManBoyChef posted:

like i said before it isnt a criminal proceeding. This is why right wingers are so poorly informed or outright believe things that aren't true. Their leaders are not called out for deliberate misinformation so the fabrications stand.

They don't care and their uninformed base doesn't care either. They have no actual defense of Trump's actions so all they can do is disingenuously attack the process.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Super-Id posted:

Sorry, you are right, he doesn't mention that and my brain inserted it. Still, it is super gross to hear Trump talking about shooting and blasting and a man dying like a dog and a bunch of people laughing uproariously at it.

I mean they're laughing uproariously at how utterly stupid he sounds compared to Obama, but I get why it's uncomfortable.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

He immigrated to the US when he was four. Put the loving Tom Clancy novels down, Brian.

Three, I thought?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

St. Dogbert posted:

Is he any good?

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean they're laughing uproariously at how utterly stupid he sounds compared to Obama, but I get why it's uncomfortable.

Yes, to be clear I'm not trying to call out the audience. It's just a gross thing to hear Trump's speech with what is effectively a laugh track.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Yoho no-nos sideshow

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

he's apparently quite terrible and been saved only because he's managed to make republicans believe that voting for him is sticking it to the liberals, and gets saved by the audience vote

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope their ratings have suffered

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Us China trade talks have stalled, without a single issue agreed upon. But I thought it there was trade deal optimism!!!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Uhh, what are the odds this work our well for Flynn?

Because my understanding was "plead guilty and we'll go easy on sentencing" but if he's trying to undo that aren't they free to come down on him like a ton of bricks?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DarkHorse posted:

Uhh, what are the odds this work our well for Flynn?

Because my understanding was "plead guilty and we'll go easy on sentencing" but if he's trying to undo that aren't they free to come down on him like a ton of bricks?

The judge they're pushing all this paper to is, iirc, the one who asked why Flynn hadn't been charged with treason, then very menacingly asked if he was sure he wanted to be sentenced before he finished getting all of the credit that he could get by cooperating and strongly implied that although the government wasn't requesting he serve time, the judge was going to make him serve time (flynn then blew up his cooperation getting the person he was supposed to testify acquitted).

You can draw your own conclusions about how well this is likely to work out for him.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

PG&E diverted safety money for profit, bonuses

https://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/PG-E-diverted-safety-money-for-profit-bonuses-2500175.php

quote:

Pacific Gas and Electric Co. diverted more than $100 million in gas safety and operations money collected from customers over a 15-year period and spent it for other purposes, including profit for stockholders and bonuses for executives, according to a pair of state-ordered reports released Thursday.

An independent audit and a staff report issued by the California Public Utilities Commission depicted a poorly led company well-heeled in its gas operations and more concerned with profit than safety.

The documents link a deficient PG&E safety culture - with its "focus on financial performance" - to the pipeline explosion in San Bruno on Sept. 9, 2010, that killed eight people and destroyed 38 homes.

The "low priority" the company gave to pipeline safety during the three years leading up to the San Bruno blast was "well outside industry practice - even during times of corporate austerity programs," said the audit by Overland Consulting of Leawood, Kan.

Making money

But PG&E wasn't hurting for cash, according to the audit. From 1999 to 2010, the company collected $430 million more from its gas-transmission and -storage operations than the revenue authorized by the California Public Utilities Commission, which sets the rates the company can charge its customers.

"PG&E chose to use the surplus revenues for general corporate purposes" rather than improved gas safety, the Overland audit said.

The audit was unable to trace exactly how PG&E spent the diverted money. But in a separate report on the San Bruno explosion released Thursday, the utilities commission staff noted that in the three years leading up to the San Bruno explosion, the company spent $56 million annually on an incentive plan for executives and "non-employee directors," including stock awards, performance shares and deferred compensation.

"A cursory review reveals that a significant portion, in the millions, has been awarded to the CEO," the commission staff report said in a reference to former PG&E head Peter Darbee, who retired last year.

Cutting corners

By cutting back on pipeline-replacement projects and maintenance, laying off workers, using cheaper but less effective inspection techniques and trimming other pipeline costs, PG&E saved upward of 6 percent of the money designated for pipeline safety, maintenance and operations programs, the Overland audit said.

Meanwhile, on the revenue side, transmission pipeline operations were "very profitable" for PG&E since March 1998, the audit said.

Assemblyman Jerry Hill, D-San Mateo, whose district includes San Bruno, called the company's diversion of customers' money "criminal behavior."

"When you divert funds intended for maintenance and safety to profits, there is nothing clearer," Hill said. "It is criminal."

Hill noted that the San Mateo County district attorney, the state attorney general and the U.S. attorney's office are conducting a joint investigation of the San Bruno disaster. He said he would talk to them about incorporating the Overland audit in their probe.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Angry_Ed posted:

Just long enough to be completely brain washed into being an undercover agent. What a coincidence.

OddObserver posted:

Three, I thought?
Three is an ODD number, and it's ODD that this so-called "troop" wasn't considered too ODD to be in the army. How did he get in? Soros?

No, nothing adds up here.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

*doesn't go to hearings*
*complains that hearings are behind closed doors*

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:geno: This is my surprised face.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Angry_Ed posted:

:geno: This is my surprised face.

Guillotines are too good for these fuckers. Its a shame our political and legal systems are bought and sold by the donor class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

It's been far, far, far more than that $100 mil, that number was specific to the natural gas pipeline maintenance fund and that fact came out after the San Bruno had explosion killed a bunch of people.

The real number is closer to $5 Billion, much of which was used for stock buybacks