Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm playing valfaris and it scratches a lot of itches in it's gameplay and art style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Live Free posted:

i read this post with invincibility and warping to avoid all the bad parts. I found it to be a little too short

steam says i played witcher 3 for 107 hours that way. pretty fun game! i recommend modding all games to fit your playstyle when possible.

flying mod for dragon age: inquisition also a lifesaver. bring dragon age to the switch!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Andrast posted:

Geralt can't get his great tattoo in the Switch version of Witcher 3 so it's automatically the worst version

I still say they should have worked that into the interview.

"Have you ever gotten black out drunk and done something you regret?"
"Yes, actually"
Barber wipes away shaving cream to reveal Blue Stripes tattoo

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

So I just got a switch lite (probably the wrong choice, but I don't care about playing on tv and wanted the slightly smaller console), and am also looking for game recommendations.

Have now: BotW and Fire Emblem 3 Houses. I've preordered Pokemon Shield, and already completely beat Witcher 3 on PC.

Thinking of picking up Disgaea 5, but Fire Emblem scratched a lot of that RPG style itch. What are some other 'must haves' for the switch? I beat the original DQ IX, and not too interested in replaying it either.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ZarathustraFollower posted:

So I just got a switch lite (probably the wrong choice, but I don't care about playing on tv and wanted the slightly smaller console), and am also looking for game recommendations.

Have now: BotW and Fire Emblem 3 Houses. I've preordered Pokemon Shield, and already completely beat Witcher 3 on PC.

Thinking of picking up Disgaea 5, but Fire Emblem scratched a lot of that RPG style itch. What are some other 'must haves' for the switch? I beat the original DQ IX, and not too interested in replaying it either.

Super Mario Odyssey

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My definitive list of must own switch games

Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild
Dragons Quest
Bayonetta 1/2

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Live Free posted:

i played through it once with the default characters in local co-op mode. all the story scenes are kind of embarrassing and seem like they were written by/for people who attend anime conventions. that said, the gameplay is good - - particularly the combo system, and especially when you're trying to figure out how to coreograph a kill combo with your co-op partner. took us about 5 hours to clear, and beating the game once unlocks 2 more characters. I think it was 30 bucks, and that's fair if you have someone to play with. if I were planning on playing it solo I don't think it would be as good

I see that thanks.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Here are some war crimes for you to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY4-gdaWxoA

The bit at the end where he's trying to snap the switch in half and the screen goes dark because Link died was wonderful.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

movement and basic actions feel terrible in witcher 3. oh well

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got the recipe for the ultimate sword of light but uh how can I make that, it requires the sword of light, which I destroyed. and apparently the super sword of light from the tree doesn't count. Can I just forge another one in the volcano?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Zas posted:

movement and basic actions feel terrible in witcher 3. oh well

There's an alternative movement option in the options menu, you might give that a try. It's not night and day, but it does make some tweaks.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Luigi’s Mansion 3 comes out in just two days. Can’t wait for Luigi to run from the hotel’s ghosts and also the bedbugs because the hotel is filthy

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I got the recipe for the ultimate sword of light but uh how can I make that, it requires the sword of light, which I destroyed. and apparently the super sword of light from the tree doesn't count. Can I just forge another one in the volcano?

Yes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The next Luigi's Mansion should be like a mushroom kingdom New York museum of natural history

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1189187633391505408?s=20

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is Link's Awakening "Zelda Good" or is it just a fun remake but not GOTY contender quality?

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 29, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is Link's Awakening "Zelda Good" or is it just a fun remake?

yes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is Link's Awakening "Zelda Good" or is it just a fun remake?

Also yes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can I then smash that sword on the time ball and go back and prevent the destruction of Zwaardsrust and Drasilia

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Can I then smash that sword on the time ball and go back and prevent the destruction of Zwaardsrust and Drasilia
lol no why would you think a game with a time travel plot would let you do anything useful with it like that

(e: and to be clear, I really like DQXI, but goddamn)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is Link's Awakening "Zelda Good" or is it just a fun remake but not GOTY contender quality?

I enjoyed it, but it was pretty unmemorable to me. Very cute and entertaining, but it’s just a remake. I don’t think there’s any need to pay full price if you have other stuff in your backlog.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

punk rebel ecks posted:

It is an excellent remake but also it made me feel like i didn't like links awakening as much ws i thought

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

It's a great remake of the best Zelda game, but if you don't already think it's the best Zelda game the remake won't do anything to change your mind.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Younger me was terrified by the first room where you fight ghosts in Luigi’s Mansion. I feel personally attacked.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Augus posted:

Younger me was terrified by the first room where you fight ghosts in Luigi’s Mansion. I feel personally attacked.

I remember turning the volume on my TV off for chapter 3 of Paper Mario.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The pyramid ghosts in Sonic 3 :gonk:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DACK FAYDEN posted:

lol no why would you think a game with a time travel plot would let you do anything useful with it like that

(e: and to be clear, I really like DQXI, but goddamn)

Well it makes sense you can only travel within your own personal timeline and not do anything that would potentially stop or alter the events of your birth

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
The angry piano from Mario 64.

Also, Wallmasters.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Well it makes sense you can only travel within your own personal timeline and not do anything that would potentially stop or alter the events of your birth
The thing that gets me is at the very end there's one more little thing where they (actual spoilers for post-act 3 final boss) give the Sword to the Timekeeper, who turns back into Serenica and then goes back in time

like what the gently caress, even if it's just going back to die next to her beloved Original Luminary Do Not Steal that's something you shouldn't mess with

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I enjoyed it very much, but I never played the original.

So, yes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It is an excellent remake but also it made me feel like i didn't like links awakening as much ws i thought

This is how I felt, though add a mention of “holy crap the frame rate is all over the place in handheld mode”.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

jackhunter64 posted:

The pyramid ghosts in Sonic 3 :gonk:

Oh loving god these jerks

Turn on the light TURN ON THE loving LIGHTTT

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The thing that gets me is at the very end there's one more little thing where they (actual spoilers for post-act 3 final boss) give the Sword to the Timekeeper, who turns back into Serenica and then goes back in time

like what the gently caress, even if it's just going back to die next to her beloved Original Luminary Do Not Steal that's something you shouldn't mess with

On the other handthat would prevent anyone else from ever using the time orb again

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Also, Wallmasters.

OoT was full of poo poo that freaked out 10 year old me, like Redeads, those grabby fuckers with four arms, the nerve wracking music in the well and the Shadow Temple, the tomb with the Sun's Song, etc

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Never played the original Link's Awakening and thought the remake was good fun, but there were several times that the game design reminded me that it was, in fact, a 25 year old game at its core. ALBW is much more accessible and I think I still prefer it over the LA remake, but LA does have a certain unique charm to it that I really liked. Would highly recommend it to any Zelda fan, but will not be calling it GOTY.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

quote:

I thought this would be an “M For Mature” (for intense blood and gore, and chilling nudity),but this is clearly more like a ‘T For Teens’ (for depictions of ghouls). 

Waluigi naked is too much for babies confirmed

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

chaleski posted:

OoT was full of poo poo that freaked out 10 year old me, like Redeads, those grabby fuckers with four arms, the nerve wracking music in the well and the Shadow Temple, the tomb with the Sun's Song, etc

Redeads also freaked me out when I was 10. I think it was their creepy groans.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rabelais D posted:

sWitcher 3 does feel like you're constantly fighting against the character animations, which is annoying, but the game is still really good!

Did you try the alternate control mode?

It lets you stop on a dime and pivot like a ballerina, at least comparatively speaking.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

recommend some games that are extremely deep, involved, and/or full of content. I'm thinking like Disgaea, BotW, Skyrim, Warframe. I'm considering Labrynth of Refrain, but I guess I could always go back and finish BotW. Or start a new Skyrim character.

Labyrinth of Refrain has the same (insane) level of depth that Disgaea 5 does (same team and all), though in a dungeon crawler context. If you like exploring tight corridors, it'll be right up your alley!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The next Luigi's Mansion should be like a mushroom kingdom New York museum of natural history

Luigi Mario in... National Treasure 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I get why he does this, but WHY? Isn't it safe to assume the company ran their own stress tests specifically for these ludicrous scenarios? Also the sound of plastic being scraped off was horrendous.

He also does this with phones. Some products can turn out really shoddy, and even for ones that don't, it can be nice to have some confirmation on what some products can endure.