Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

evilweasel posted:

maybe you shouldn't randomly not pay the bills of your poor employees and contractors just for the fun of seeing their faces as they sob and beg for the money they earned to feed their starving families

you really aren't in any position to be criticizing anyone for anything, and the fact that yospos lets you post here at will is further proof that its filled with rich rear end dirtbags

you literally were pals with an actual, honest to god cia agent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
"the poor" includes, if extended across a sliding temporal window, a majority of americans

remember romney's "47%" speech? that "47%" includes, at least temporarily, a majority of the children in america. and a majority of the old people. and a majority of the very ill

i am pretty sure it is not a bad thing that 47% of the population receives more in benefits than they pay in income tax. (particularly since income tax is not the main tax for most people)

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
damned in the butt by my posting persona

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also just to steer the conversation back in the right direction, i don't believe "poverty is noble" or any other trope you want to attribute to me in your slander

what i believe is that people who work honest labor should not be impoverished in favor of people who perform nothing but worthless activity because capital has a vested interest in breaking worker solidarity in favor of rewarding a few who will vigorously defend it because they managed to pull the ladder up behind them

it really galls me when a bunch of computer touchers talk about being communists when their entire profession exists to oppress workers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: that stymie keeps rolling. they never answered my questions about taxes, though.

when i was struggling to pay bills, internet and phone service were the first to go for me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

qirex posted:

the government making every drat thing secret to protect "national security" aka "cover up embarrassing vendor bids and corruption" has trained people to think that private companies are somehow better

The hilarious thing to me is people complaining about Epic Games Store being Tencent funded and "THEY'RE MINING YOU'RE DATA :byodood:" will happily use another company that gleefully does like Facebook or Twitter to do said complaining.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: that stymie keeps rolling. they never answered my questions about taxes, though.

when i was struggling to pay bills, internet and phone service were the first to go for me.

i'm sorry, my eyes slid right off your posts, what were the questions again?

also it's not quite the end of the month yet and you may not notice this but i have gone without posting for extended periods in the past

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The trick is to stop being poor. There are plenty of ways to go about it, such as being born rich. It's so simple, even a baby can do it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

stymie tell us about your trust fund

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PIZZA.BAT posted:

stymie tell us about your trust fund

haha it's funny because i haven't been able to see a doctor in three years

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

*buys $350 redwings, raw japanese denim and a carhartt wip chore coat at a sneaker store*
I Do Labor

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
and a dentist for the last decade

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mr. Nice! posted:

weird to completely keep yourself out of touch at the precise time you need to get another job the most imo, especially considering the existence of the lifeline program

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

stymie have you told your spiritual advisor about yospos? you should buy him an account

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

weird, why didn't stymie just use his state's free medical services for the poor, as I do?

fishmech fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 29, 2019

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
see the really funny part about all this is that even if i were lying about not being poor, yospos is perfectly happy to mock people who they have more tangible proof of their poverty like smoka so this whole song and dance is just farcical on its face

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
smoka is mocked for being an anime-loving dweeb, and rightfully so

an adult shouldn't love japanese cartoons that much

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm not crying, I'm laughing

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

smoka is mocked for being an anime-loving dweeb, and rightfully so

an adult shouldn't love japanese cartoons that much

nope, yospos literally coined a term for smoka and it was used earlier: "performative brokeness"

yospos has no compunctions about mocking the poor and it's pretty lovely to be pretending otherwise

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i asked about your opinion on income tax vs consumption tax and the estate tax.

fishmech posted:

weird to completely keep yourself out of touch at the precise time you need to get another job the most imo, especially considering the existence of the lifeline program

i wasn't broke because i didn't have a job. i had a job, but it paid $6.25 an hour because :lol: at warehouse workers making any money in texas back when i was there.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

stymie my offer still stands: wire me $100k and i’ll be your posting friend. come on it’ll be the cheapest friend you ever bought it’s a great deal

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
if you've never encountered someone whom "performative brokeness" describes perfectly then I envy you.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

its a great term and i love it

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

haveblue posted:

uber's fallback plan for viability if they can't get self-driving cars is to take over all transportation activity, if not all commercial activity, on the planet

that has always been their stated goal, anything else is to distract how poorly its going

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Nice! posted:

i asked about your opinion on income tax vs consumption tax and the estate tax.

i'm not that knowledgeable about taxation, i know that sales taxes are inherently regressive and actual rich people get around income taxes through capital gains and the like so whatever results in richies paying more taxes and penalizes them for hiding money in investments or creating startups or whatnot

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rotor posted:

if you've never encountered someone whom "performative brokeness" describes perfectly then I envy you.

and there it is

people can't be poor around yosposters otherwise their motives are suspect

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
smoka is actually poor and also never shuts up about things that are extremely achievable even within limited means

that's the performative part of the (actual) brokeness

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

there are a number of poor yosposters that don't get poo poo :ssh:

i mean it's been 10 years since anyone really even joked about rule 36.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

it's the perfomative part that's tiresome

I've been broke as gently caress, but I've never pretended to be broke as gently caress to hang out with the cool kids

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

smoka is actually poor and also never shuts up about things that are extremely achievable even within limited means

that's the performative part of the (actual) brokeness

rotor posted:

it's the perfomative part that's tiresome

I've been broke as gently caress, but I've never pretended to be broke as gently caress to hang out with the cool kids

lol

thank you for helping i've been needing backup

"be poor if you must, but just don't talk about it in my presence"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

stymie is still being shielded from responsibility under the guise of ‘gathering worldly experience’ which is why he has the labor fascination

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

PIZZA.BAT posted:

stymie is still being shielded from responsibility under the guise of ‘gathering worldly experience’ which is why he has the labor fascination

oh you think this is a trust fund situation

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

one thing i never really had a chance to do when i was broke as gently caress: spend like all fuckin day trying to be right on the internet

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

oh you think this is a trust fund situation

I gotta figure yes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ghetto tourism as a lifestyle, basically. That'd be my guess.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

one thing i never really had a chance to do when i was broke as gently caress: spend like all fuckin day trying to be right on the internet

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"you're not hustling enough, that's what i did when i was your age" say the posters busily pulling up the ladder

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

rotor posted:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hold on a sec while i go into the work i don't currently have so i can stop posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Stymie: stop making baseless accusations about me!

Also stymie: "you're all pulling up the ladder behind you *offers no evidence*"