Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I love that he gets more dangerous the more you wound him. Super flavorful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure how you kill him if he's supported. He heals himself for three wounds a turn, can have healing caster support, wound deferral to the guard dudes, and the Harvester can heal him up too.

The special ammo on the catapults could be potentially amazing too, although the 6" minimum range on them has to be carefully managed.

Need to see points but the army looks strong. The fact that everything is Elite and high wounds except for the Mortek guard could be the limiting factor. Certainly looks like an army you play to the objectives against.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Im ready to give my soul to Nagash again

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Nagash is the only thing putting me off. that guy's the loving worst.

The Deleter posted:

Once they're gone, they're gone. At least the temptation for me to start another army is gone for a bit! At least until they put out a Start Collecting...
god drat.

just managed to preorder one through incom gaming, so hopefully they're a real company.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Nagash just got a stealth nerf as well. His scroll was updated and he no longer knows all the spells of other death Wizards.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

Nagash just got a stealth nerf as well. His scroll was updated and he no longer knows all the spells of other death Wizards.

He now auto knows the whole Spell lore for the faction.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
gently caress sake bone boys and hungry lads sold our in the UK already

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
unless there's still marrow in those mortek guards the ogres are going to be disappointed however the fights from that box end

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

unless there's still marrow in those mortek guards the ogres are going to be disappointed however the fights from that box end

Apparently ogres just eat bone and don't give a gently caress, the fight in the box starts because the ogres were sitting on a pile of bone and ate it to spite the boney boys. There's an ogre spell where the caster chews on a bunch of bones and breaks the bones of whoever he's looking at. It's loving rad.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
ohhh, so they're like huge belligerent pandas being attacked by angry bamboo constructs

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That's the best way I've ever seen it put. :allears:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
gonna grind those bones and carb-load

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsterEnvy posted:

He now auto knows the whole Spell lore for the faction.

And he doesn’t restore 1d3 wounds/models to everyone. He just restores 3 to everyone.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
That's one hell of a nerf. I would hate for any unit in my army to get nerfed so bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Wait that seems like a buff to me?

Why is that a nerf?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Wait that seems like a buff to me?

Why is that a nerf?

It's not.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Its a bit of both. Being able to just know the spell discipline is definitely an upgrade. The fact he cant steal spells from other wizards datasheets anymore is a nerf.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/28/ossiarch-bonereapers-three-themed-armiesgw-homepage-post-1/

I hope you're all ready for Mr Arkhan’s Wild Ride.
They are getting cheekier with these articles.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
The ogres seems like a fun faction to play as. It's almost tempting me to get back in I kinda wanna see what endless spells they get.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

tankfish posted:

The ogres seems like a fun faction to play as. It's almost tempting me to get back in I kinda wanna see what endless spells they get.

Theyre not getting any sadly.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm pretty annoyed that the cities didn't get any terrain or endless spells either, tbh

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I can't believe the leak shows no Seraphon stuff at all until 2020.

I mean, I can believe it, but come on. My dinosaur boys are in need of some serious help.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

S.J. posted:

I'm pretty annoyed that the cities didn't get any terrain or endless spells either, tbh

They got a nice compromise though, being able to treat all the Malign Sorcery endless spells as empowered is pretty good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

S.J. posted:

Well they are better at Endless spells then everyone else.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

yeah but shut the gently caress up okay

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Boing posted:

I mean, I can believe it, but come on. My dinosaur boys are in need of some serious help.

Join my pity party lizard friend

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Thinking about rebasing my... "Dispossessed"...to use as allies. Getting my Ironbreakers back to the table will be good.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Boing posted:

which leak

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

GW's whole holiday lineup got leaked apparently:

https://spikeybits.com/2019/10/rumors-gws-full-holiday-release-lineup-pricing.html

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Just realized how good this new OSB spell is:

Immortal Contract (7+) Enemy unit within 18”, for rest of battle roll a dice at end of each phase that this unit inflicts any damage on friendly OB units. On a 3+ the unit suffers D3 mortal wounds.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The leaks were real, here are the Xmas box sets: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/30/gifts-for-good-grotsgw-homepage-post-1/

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Those battleforces look way more attractive than last years. The Gloomspite one has squigs and a Mangler Squig, and the Stormcast one can be run as one of their battalions right out of the box.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Similar price structure as last year too,

Nighthaunt and Skaven are $255
Stormcast is $275
And Gloomspite is $310

Remains to be seen if they stay at the $170US price point of years past or bumped to the newer $195 box set price.

Either way it’ll be way cheaper to buy a box from a British seller on eBay.

The Nighthaunt box is exactly 1,000 points too, you can pick it up and with the soul wars half and the endless spells box you’d have a tidy 2,000 point army.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 30, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I can't say I'm not tempted by the Stormcast box.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Everything in that gloomspite box basically slots perfectly into my already half begun trog/squig based army. Rip wallet.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Similar price structure as last year too,

Nighthaunt and Skaven are $255
Stormcast is $275
And Gloomspite is $310

Remains to be seen if they stay at the $170US price point of years past or bumped to the newer $195 box set price.

Either way it’ll be way cheaper to buy a box from a British seller on eBay.

The Nighthaunt box is exactly 1,000 points too, you can pick it up and with the soul wars half and the endless spells box you’d have a tidy 2,000 point army.
They're mostly $185 USD. Skaven are $200. They're about $128 equivalent in the UK BEFORE discount.

Terratina
Jun 30, 2013
As a Nighthaunt player with the Soul Wars stuff, 20 extra Chainrasps, 5 Hexwraiths, 3 Spirit Hosts, the special Guardian of Souls, the Spirit Torment and Chainghasts, and the special Guardian of Souls I think I'm good. :P

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

got my weird dumb cities of sigmar problem where I've got a lot of units where I have weird odd numbers of guys because they used to sell them in sets of 5 metal dudes and now all of the infantry units are in sets of 10.

and there being multiple instances of having exactly 5 extra guys I can't use is loving with my brain something fierce.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

got my weird dumb cities of sigmar problem where I've got a lot of units where I have weird odd numbers of guys because they used to sell them in sets of 5 metal dudes and now all of the infantry units are in sets of 10.

and there being multiple instances of having exactly 5 extra guys I can't use is loving with my brain something fierce.

This but beastmen thanks to the old box being 12 gor + 8 ungor.

For cities of sigmar I supplement my odd numbers with battlemaster models :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

This but beastmen thanks to the old box being 12 gor + 8 ungor.

For cities of sigmar I supplement my odd numbers with battlemaster models :getin:

this is why I'm glad I'm not touching my orcs since iirc the warriors came in sets of 19 models.