Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I do not remember Michael Vick on the Steelers whatsoever. weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AndrewP posted:

I remember fans being real mad about it

2015 1) feels like forever ago and 2) had way too much stuff to keep up with in the league. Off the top of my head: Raiders, Rams and Chargers all announced plans to move; Chip traded for Bradford, traded away Shady, and got fired before the year could even end; Deflategate was still a thing being talked about; 49ers had three retirements in like two months; the Browns GM got suspended for texting; the Falcons used prerecorded crowd noise and got fined; and Tomsula was HC

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Can't trade AJ Green who, if we are lucky, has two months of games to play for a team that has zero shot at the playoffs because we still need to 'evaluate' him
I bet Zac wants Green for whatever new QB they bring in, and I honestly don't blame him. I am on team "keep him (but loving don't play him this season, it's done!!!)", but don't understand why they wouldn't trade away other pieces.

People called about Dre Kirkpatrick. GIVE HIM AWAY. The season is done and got me plenty hyped about Darius Phillips, turns out he can ball. What a lucky break. Resigning Dennard on a cheaper deal is possible now. That being said, keep Dre if it means playing Tony McRae more. Dude is bad.

Anyway, Mike Brown signs someone and keeps him the entire contract because he's an old school idiot and a cheap bitch. George Iloka is the exception that proves the rule which is a saying I constantly use but never understand.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

I remember he was the starter of the first game we won in 2015 where Tucker kicked the GW FG at Hydes and it was this big amazing thing. We were 0-3 and desperately needed the win. It didn't start a turnaround or anything but was nice to get. We just had too many injuries that year to even hope to do anything.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I bet Zac wants Green for whatever new QB they bring in, and I honestly don't blame him. I am on team "keep him (but loving don't play him this season, it's done!!!)", but don't understand why they wouldn't trade away other pieces.

People called about Dre Kirkpatrick. GIVE HIM AWAY. The season is done and got me plenty hyped about Darius Phillips, turns out he can ball. What a lucky break. Resigning Dennard on a cheaper deal is possible now. That being said, keep Dre if it means playing Tony McRae more. Dude is bad.

Anyway, Mike Brown signs someone and keeps him the entire contract because he's an old school idiot and a cheap bitch. George Iloka is the exception that proves the rule which is a saying I constantly use but never understand.

I wonder whats going on with AJ's contract because every report suggested an extension was going to be wrapped up before camp and then it wasn't and then he got hurt and very clearly isn't in a hurry to get back (which is fine) and then La Canfora writes something that says there is zero chance he is signing a new contract in Cincy.

I know that dude makes stuff up but if they have to actually tag AJ to keep him, in the season he was supposed to get his final big contract, does he even show up next year? After a decade of being like a top 3 NFL WR on a dysfunctional team I would tell Mike Brown to eat poo poo, but maybe he is a more gracious man than I.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im a vikings fan now

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

im a vikings fan now

I knew a Vikings fan in high school. He'd always yell at me "RAVENS SUCK" whenever he saw me in my Ravens sb champs shirt. Shut up you little twerp!! He wasnt even 5 feet tall. I always kind of disliked the Vikings because of that back then even though they were a cool team. And then they were ok again once Favre played there. That kid was so drat annoying though

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The vikings are much like the bengals in the sense that they're both striped tigers from jungle regions

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

korrandark posted:

No QB is gonna be competitive behind that Oline.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1189225627859259393

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They really are going for that #1 draft pick

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Are they gonna trade Andey? Probably not.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

lmao

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

if you think about it, it's pretty smart to announce this change on a bye week in order to give this new kid another week to learn how to get sacked repeatedly while everyone just shrugs around him

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1189228470083170308

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Bring Andey to Pittsburgh and I'll buy a jersey before his plane lands

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I legit didn't think they would bench Andy

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pretty hosed up to bench your 32 year old starter who has barely has hadden the chance to prove himself and show all of the his hid talents

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

one last time, andey

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Someone post the reverse gif of andy coming off the bench with flames bursting out

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

one last time, andey

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I am very excited to see what Ryan "basically exactly Andy Dalton except somehow with a lower a ceiling" Finley brings to the table!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nfl isn't good any more

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If we all wish Happy Andy Birthday real loud maybe Androld Dalton will hear it and feel our love

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They should play the FCS guy who has a cannon for an arm so that we could at least get some funslingin. I still remember when Jeff Blake first got into a game after years of dogshit David Klingler and threw like a billion deep bombs to Darney Scott it ruled

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

They should play the FCS guy who has a cannon for an arm so that we could at least get some funslingin. I still remember when Jeff Blake first got into a game after years of dogshit David Klingler and threw like a billion deep bombs to Darney Scott it ruled

it did in fact, own bones

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

nfl isn't good any more

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I will remember you

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Lamar jackson and the Baltimore ravens

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Ohio is the best state in this great land. Nothing is better than the Heartland of America!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bengals I know a guy

https://twitter.com/DarrenHeitner/status/1186643649813237763?s=20

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I know what it’s supposed to mean but all I read is Come Back Sasian.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Come back suzanne

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

I will remember you

Will you remember bakey?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

never going to get 5,000 throws now

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

according to PFF John Harbaugh is apparently the best decision maker in football this year. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-rankings-the-nfls-top-head-coaches-after-week-8

eh.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

latinotwink1997 posted:

I know what it’s supposed to mean but all I read is Come Back Sasian.

Saison

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Not a shocker but I saw they also voted Dean Pees smartest and most attractive coach for the ninth year running

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Coolwhoami posted:

Will you remember bakey?

nah

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Not a shocker but I saw they also voted Dean Pees smartest and most attractive coach for the ninth year running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

george bush miss me yet meme but with marvin lewis