Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

colachute posted:

The reason futurama is good is because it ended

The reason the Simpsons and family guy aren’t is because they will never end.

Family guy could be good if they would stop giving the dog (i literally cant remember the voice actor/creators name and dont feel like looking it up) free reign to do whatever he wants with the show and reigned in his authorinsert masturbation fantasies. American dad and cleveland show proved he only had the ideas for like 3 seasons of a single series not whatever the gently caress hes doing now. Are new family guys still coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, new family guys are still coming out. And new American Dad, which has been great since it moved to TBS.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like American Dad started strong and has gotten incrementally better each season. Kind of like It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Family guy has its moments, but it’s not as funny or as good as the first couple of seasons. I watch it, but it’s definitely not as good as it used to be.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i havent watched the last few episodes of adventure time bc i dont want it to end

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I feel like American Dad started strong and has gotten incrementally better each season. Kind of like It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Family guy has its moments, but it’s not as funny or as good as the first couple of seasons. I watch it, but it’s definitely not as good as it used to be.

Never funny in philly eventually gets ok? I saw like 2 episodes a couple of seasons in and was done

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Always sunny is one of the best shows on TV, heretic

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Stravag posted:

Never funny in philly eventually gets ok? I saw like 2 episodes a couple of seasons in and was done

You must have watched the wrong two episodes, then. IASIP has been one of my favorite shows since I first saw it in 2008, where my girlfriend and I binged through three seasons in two days.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I know it's passe to mock people's bad taste in media but drat that dude got bad taste in media

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Quite possibly. The onky thing i remember from the two episodes was the girl was amazing at flipcup at all the rpactices until they were actually trying to beat the bar aceoss the street and then sucked?

Edit: i also tried parks and rec and just didnt care to keep going 2 episodes in

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

start from season 2 bc devito is amazing

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Now that it's over, sit down and watch Steven Universe all the way through. It's good for you.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Now that it's over, sit down and watch Steven Universe all the way through. It's good for you.

I was high on hydros from a car accident and i endorse this statement entirely

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Stravag posted:

Quite possibly. The onky thing i remember from the two episodes was the girl was amazing at flipcup at all the rpactices until they were actually trying to beat the bar aceoss the street and then sucked?

Edit: i also tried parks and rec and just didnt care to keep going 2 episodes in

You might be broken, sorry. :(

Edit: okay seriouspost - the flipcup episode is totally forgettable for me. Both of the shows you're mentioning don't find their footing until season 2. Parks and Rec went so far as to have the cast basically all say "please for the love of God don't watch the first season".

Also you're clearly free to not like things, but drat

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 30, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i havent watched the last few episodes of adventure time bc i dont want it to end

You're in luck then, it's coming back on HBO Max with four hour-long specials.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Stravag posted:

Start Parks and Rec with Season 2. Season 1 isn't that great, but Season 2 starts strong and keeps the ball rolling.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can watch a few episodes of Always Sunny but after the third or so, I have to watch something else, and not watch it again for a few days. There's something about it that just grates on me.

Parks and Rec, I can't stand Amy Poehler. At all. She wasn't very funny a decade ago and I can only assume her schtick didn't age well, to me. Also the affiliation with the Office, gently caress that show, plot, format and all. Jim/Pam are the worst people.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Season 2 of P&R features Louis CK as a romantic interest lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Woof, let's go back to posting about Trump

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

You're in luck then, it's coming back on HBO Max with four hour-long specials.

god dammit

like ok cool

more of the show that distills everything gained from post animation boom following The Little Mermaid and Who Framed Roger Roger into some really fantastic and experimental storytelling and world building, had fun with the audience and all that

its just more stuff i dont have time to watch these days

and yeah sorry i finally got some indica in that hits well and boom there goes a seriouspost on cartoons

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Woof, let's go back to posting about Trump

Yeah, really. Good lord.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

last thing watch i know that voice if you haven't already

john dimaggio funded it and did the interviews and if you're a cartoon nerd its like cartoon all-stars to the rescue without them making poor pee-wee talk about crack. at least he made up for it in blow.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

On November 10, 2013, Inhofe's son, Dr. Perry Inhofe, died in a plane crash in Owasso, Oklahoma, flying alone for the first time since training in a newly acquired plane

lmao talk about a family of lovely pilots

That reminds me I learned that there is a certain class of airplanes nicknamed "Doctor Killers".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

If you want legit sad current tv news, Lodge 49 got axed

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Eyes Have It posted:

That reminds me I learned that there is a certain class of airplanes nicknamed "Doctor Killers".

Some planes are just more powerful and quirky than the overconfident people who fly them can handle.

Of course I'm talking about the V-Tail Bonanza.

The Mitsubishi MU-2.

The CRJ-200.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Trump needs to tweet some crimes because the CE thread has John McCain flying the bird.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you want legit sad current tv news, Lodge 49 got axed

I watched a couple of episodes of that and logged it to watch completely on hulu later. Gonna have to give it a run my next day off.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

https://www.salon.com/2019/10/29/former-trump-aide-who-now-works-for-devin-nunes-reportedly-leaked-ukraine-whistleblowers-name/

Republicans are reportedly leaking the whistleblower's name

Also John Witherspoon died today.

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Oct 30, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

loving McCarthy should've been lined up against A loving wall and shot through the face on television.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
John Witherspoon was like another dad on the silver screen, and I'm sad to hear that news.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

It's pretty telling that they still care about the original whistle blower when a clown car worth of people have marched out and said, "Yeah, he did it, I was there. Me, personally, I was in the room." They absolutely want a "second amendment solution" to happen.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

First millennials dedicate our days to murdering everything the boomer scum holds dear and now Gen Z is swooping the credit?!?!

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Internet Wizard posted:

First millennials dedicate our days to murdering everything the boomer scum holds dear and now Gen Z is swooping in and murdering the Boomers

This would be ideal.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chris Anderson, State Dept guy who worked for Volker, is testifying behind doors to Congress today. His opening statement was shared.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/30/774552056/read-christopher-andersons-written-testimony-in-impeachment-inquiry

It's pretty ho-hum comparatively but there were some interesting things, and mostly just stuff that is validating the non- :freep: account of events thus far.

quote:

On November 25, 2018, Russia escalated the conflict further when its forces openly attacked and seized Ukrainian military vessels heading to a Ukrainian port in the Sea of Azov. While my colleagues at the State Department quickly prepared a statement condemning Russia for its escalation, senior officials in the White House blocked it from being issued.

quote:

When Volodymyr Zelenskyy was elected president in April, Ambassador Volker and I were hopeful that a newly empowered Ukrainian president could reinitiate high-level U.S. engagement. Before the inauguration in May, my colleagues and I saw a tweet by Rudolph Giuliani alleging that President-elect Zelenskyy was surrounded by enemies of President Trump. In an effort to counter the negative narrative sparked by Ambassador Yovanovitch's withdrawal and Giuliani's statements, we pushed for a high-level delegation to attend Zelenskyy's inauguration. Secretary Perry, Ambassador Sondland, Ambassador Volker, NSC Director Alexander Vindman, and Senator Ron Johnson, traveled to Kyiv as part of a Presidential delegation for the inauguration.

quote:

On June 13, I accompanied Ambassador Volker to a meeting with National Security Advisor John Bolton. In that meeting, Bolton stated that he agreed with our three lines of effort and that he also supported increased senior White House engagement. However, he cautioned that Mr. Giuliani was a key voice with the President on Ukraine which could be an obstacle to increased White House engagement. [sic] The morning after the meeting, I sent a brief message to Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent summarizing the meeting and relaying NSA Bolton's message about Mr. Giuliani. I sent around a more formal summary later that day to my State Department colleagues.

I think a lot of this basically just sets up Bolton's testimony and whether or not he will confirm warning people about Guliani / provides another line of questioning on what Bolton knew about what Guliani was doing at the time etc.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Eat The Rich

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1189405948202422274

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q85WBjVQMKY&t=23s

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

NAZI PUNKS gently caress OFF but its directed at boomers

Adbot