Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Spoilers have never turned me away from playing a game. At this point I'd like to start plotting out the team I want to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Spoilers are like monsters in horror games. I like the illusion of them more than the actual result. I think that's a big part of why the Grinch leaks were some of my favorites in recent memory. Stylish production, spurred debate and discussion, left us with some tantalizing "what ifs", and lead to us waiting on edge for the confirmation or deconfirmation all the way up to the last Smash trailer.

Give me two good fakes for every real leak and let them fight it out til the end. When something's aggressively preordained like the one SwSh leak we've had evidence of for months now, it just feels like a foregone conclusion.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

please........

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Bee posted:

Spoilers are like monsters in horror games. I like the illusion of them more than the actual result. I think that's a big part of why the Grinch leaks were some of my favorites in recent memory. Stylish production, spurred debate and discussion, left us with some tantalizing "what ifs", and lead to us waiting on edge for the confirmation or deconfirmation all the way up to the last Smash trailer.

Give me two good fakes for every real leak and let them fight it out til the end. When something's aggressively preordained like the one SwSh leak we've had evidence of for months now, it just feels like a foregone conclusion.

Having too much information too early in the game is a bummer. When you're barely two weeks out from shipment the hype isn't going to be dead on arrival. If anything it gives you a little time to organize which I appreciate. This might be a controversial take, but I hate being thrown rear end end into something and expected to guess my way through. I make teams the way I make restaurant plans. I read the menu in advance.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The Bee posted:

I still enjoy leaks a lot, but I definitely agree that big fake leaks that aren't easily debunked are the best.

The Sad Affleck leak was pretty good for that, seeing it complete piece by piece, the tinge of doubt on what "pure fighter" means, it's all nice. Wish we'd have something else like that right now, a nice video or picture.

Also wish that somebody would strongarm mariotehplumber into admitting how he made that grinch leak.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I still enjoy leaks a lot, but I definitely agree that big fake leaks that aren't easily debunked are the best.

The Sad Affleck leak was pretty good for that, seeing it complete piece by piece, the tinge of doubt on what "pure fighter" means, it's all nice. Wish we'd have something else like that right now, a nice video or picture.

Also wish that somebody would strongarm mariotehplumber into admitting how he made that grinch leak.

Hey remember that bug dragon leak that some dude and his girl painstakingly crafted so they could be entertained over the weekend? That was a good one.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dexnav is close to becoming obsolete though, what with overworld sprites and all. Granted, SwSh limits this only to the wild zone from what people have reported, but it's definitely where the games are heading towards.

Mythical Events as far as my memory serves sucked because a) you had to get an item by mystery trade or some other bullshit by driving to a Gamestop or similar which sucks for non US/European players and b) said "events" ingame amounted to using event item in place x to go to place y and fight and capture the Mythical.

If Mythical events were to be reincorporated they would have to make changes to address both of these problems like a) having the items be downloadable via Internet and b) having an actual event tied to the Mythical (like episode Delta for Deoxys). Heck, you can fuse the best of both worlds and have a DLC/Expansion pack that introduces new questlines that culminate in the capture of the mythical

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 30, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Dexnav is close to becoming obsolete though, what with overworld sprites and all. Granted, SwSh limits this only to the wild zone from what people have reported, but it's definitely where the games are heading towards.

Mythical Events as far as my memory serves sucked because a) you had to get an item by mystery trade or some other bullshit by driving to a Gamestop or similar which sucks for non US/European players and b) said "events" ingame amounted to using event item in place x to go to place y and fight and capture the Mythical.

If Mythical events were to be reincorporated they would have to make changes to address both of these problems like a) having the items be downloadable via Internet and b) having an actual event tied to the Mythical (like episode Delta for Deoxys). Heck, you can fuse the best of both worlds and have a DLC/Expansion pack that introduces new questlines that culminate in the capture of the mythical

I would love to be able to catch my own mythical for once. The giveaway trend is not....great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The technology was there for downloading the items, they just never did it...

But yeah, just make it dlc that shows up around the time of the new movie and make them a little quest.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

mandatory lesbian posted:

What about Delphox do you find sexy

I don't find anything sexy about the anthro fox witch but you have to be living under a rock if you don't think tonnes of poke-furries are creepy weirdos about them and tar them by association. Are you surprised that people are weird about Salazzle, Gardevoir, and Lopunny and that other people become uncomfortable with this too?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Spanish Manlove posted:

Anything slightly feminine makes his metapod use harden

Nice projection cool guy! And don't call me he, fuckwit

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Crawfish posted:

I don't know if I want to go all in with spoilers because there is something nice about seeing a hole in the Pokedex entries and having absolutely no idea what it could be or even where to start looking, and I haven't been able to do that since Gen 3.
Feebas. :argh:

Okay yeah, I did eventually know what it was and where to start looking, but even that didn't really help.

I don't disagree though, it'll be nice to have some surprises for a change.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I don't find anything sexy about the anthro fox witch but you have to be living under a rock if you don't think tonnes of poke-furries are creepy weirdos about them and tar them by association. Are you surprised that people are weird about Salazzle, Gardevoir, and Lopunny and that other people become uncomfortable with this too?

Mega Lopunny is particularly :stare:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

RatHat posted:

Mega Lopunny is particularly :stare:

Given that G7 gave us not one, not two, but three dominatrix Pokemon who want to stomp on your dick and call you a pervert, I'm fairly certain at this point that there are multiple pokefuckers working at Creatures Inc.

G1 wasn't any better as the creeps wanted to gently caress Misty instead.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

G1 wasn't any better as the creeps wanted to gently caress Misty instead.

and Machoke

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'll always pick grass

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I'll always pick ABYS: Always Box Your Starter

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

less laughter posted:

I'll always pick ABYS: Always Box Your Starter

disgusting

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The pro move is to use all 3 starters.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
why are starters so rare, are they luxury pets, only bred in captivity

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Because they're 87.5% male.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
possibly a result of the professors who have millions of each one just so they can give them to 10 year olds

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Makes sense they would be rare in the wild due to being like 90% male 10% female.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

:sigh: Poke-furries are why I can't like certain Pokemon (or at least why I have to mumble it whenever someone asks about favourites). Why you gotta make Pokemon weird, internet? I know that's your thing, but come on. Take a break every now and then.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

And really, all I really need to know are the starter evos and the regional dex. Everything else I'm content to find out naturally.

This, and roughly how many new Pokemon there will be (although not exactly what Pokemon are part of that number), is all I wanted to know since day 1. Unfortunately they show off everything except those things and then Youtube thumbnails and Nintendo newsletters prevent any kind of selective blinding.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 30, 2019

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
The first two generations explicitly state that starters are rare and I'm pretty sure a non zero number of the subsequent generations do too, including the occasional statement that they are newly discovered in that region. They are also stated as being rare to the point of non existence outside of their native regions when you receive another gen's starter as a gift.

I'd like to imagine that the 7:1 sex ratio is a reflection of that (they don't breed very quickly and with great difficulty) but in reality it's more to stop you getting multiple high powered buddies early on. Except for poo poo like Chikorita maybe, your starter is easily going to be the strongest member of your party early game, especially so in early gens where most early game Pokemon were low powered normal, bug, flying etc types.

E: Sun and Moon REALLY didn't want you soft resetting to get a girl or shiny (or shiny girl) starter given how long it took to get between a spot you could save and checking your starter out. I don't mind the five thousand cutscenes so much but that's a part they are really noticeable and painful.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Oct 30, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Nice projection cool guy! And don't call me he, fuckwit

Cool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Y'all ought to have been on the internet long enough to realize somebody wants to gently caress everything except my beautiful boy Metagross, thankfully, just accept it, ignore it, and move on

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't think anyone was denying that people want to gently caress Pokemon.

It's just that when it comes to the ones people get particularly weird about, Delphox is far down on that list so it was weird to pick on her specifically.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

less laughter posted:

Because they're 87.5% male.

Soft resetting is haaarddd

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If pokémon are sentient, doesn't that mean they can consent?

asking for a friend.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think some of ya'll are telling on yourselves by proclaiming loudly how bothered you are by the "sexy' pokemon.

Looking at Serebii's list of known version exclusives, I'm immediately divided. Sword has Hydregion, Shield has Tyranitar.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That is another big win for Shield.

If only Sirfetch'd and Bea weren't so powerful.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hydregion is way cooler than Tyranitar. :colbert:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'm fine with surprises, but I really want to know the starter evolutions since that's pretty much the first choice I have to make in a game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hydregion is way cooler than Tyranitar. :colbert:

Dark/Dragon is a rad typing combo and I like that more then Dark/Ground. But I think I like Tyranitar a bit more design-wise since he doesn't feel like he's trying as hard to be "evil edgy monster?" (Not that I don't kinda like Hydregion's design regardless...)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

TheKingofSprings posted:

somebody wants to gently caress everything except my beautiful boy Metagross, thankfully

I'll gently caress a Metagross just to prove your point

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bleck posted:

I'll gently caress a Metagross just to prove your point

gently caress you

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Oxyclean posted:

Dark/Dragon is a rad typing combo and I like that more then Dark/Ground.

Tyranitar is Evil/Rock, not Ground. She's the only mon in the series with that type combo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

metagross pins down its prey with its four legs and eats with the mouth on its underside. unrelated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Oxyclean posted:

Dark/Dragon is a rad typing combo and I like that more then Dark/Ground. But I think I like Tyranitar a bit more design-wise since he doesn't feel like he's trying as hard to be "evil edgy monster?" (Not that I don't kinda like Hydregion's design regardless...)

Tyranitar is just a straight kaiju from the Godzilla universe and it rules. Also its Dark/Rock.