Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

This elections already off to a great start, and it's not even started yet.

https://twitter.com/MrKennethClarke/status/1189142270408364032?s=19

Ken's not standing, so Skinner is set to be the Father of the House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

mehall posted:

Ken's not standing, so Skinner is set to be the Father of the House.

Dennis told me in person last year that he wouldn't stand again. He said that after 2015 too, though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1189337688752742400

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
god drat does obama suck

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1189395819973099520

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Big J McDizzle posted:

"Let's make it clear there will be no deals, no coalition," says Labour's shadow chancellor John McDonnell, talking about the upcoming election.

"We will go in as a majority government," he tells BBC Breakfast.

"If we don’t win an overall majority, we will have a minority government.

"We will put out our policies, we will implement them and if the Libs or whoever else don’t want to support a £10 living wage, if they don’t want to support our anti-austerity measures, invest in the NHS and all the rest, if they vote against them then we will go back to the people.”

“We will win that election. We will win it under Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It appears that the Tory manifesto will be written by a fracking lobbyist.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Worry about problems, but don't actually solve them.
Believe in change, but don't actually enact it.
Hope for a better future, but don't actually expect it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/KeejayOV2/status/1189265189218258948?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Computer, please define cultural misappropriation.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Deeply cancelled boomer unhappy with being cancelled, calls for things to return to how they were back in my day.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
EU supergirl desperately trying to transition into a music career really is the most depressing thing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
LOl that the only people who even care about Obama anymore are chuds

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

xtothez posted:

They have 18 MP's now iirc, and a bare-minimum cabinet consists of a PM & 22 ministers, not including junior ministers, whips, etc. If they were to win power then of course they'd have enough MP's, but they'd be filling top positions with people who have likely never been an MP or even been to Westminister before. That's such a bad recipe for a new government I'm not sure Armando Iannucci would have written about it.

On the other hand, it still beats the tory strategy of filling top positions with Chris Grayling

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Thank you for your input, American Blair.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman/status/1189465226716045313?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Granddad's annoyed about a thing he can't solve with a drone strike big shock.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I really, really want to know why - after 8 years of being absolutely horsefucked by the Republicans - Obama still believes in sensible centrism? Surely reality must've disabused him of this now?

EDIT: LMAO at the pisstag.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Like the sound of that an awful lot. This is good, positive rhetoric. More of this please. I am going to try and disengage my natural excessive pessimism (or at least turn the volume on it down) for the next 6 weeks and we'll see what happens.

In other news, sign me up

https://twitter.com/DrFrancesRyan/status/1189472928322207744?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Centrists are praxeologists.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/RossMcCaff/status/1189196971405402112?s=20

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

There will be PMQs today, apparently.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Is the lib Dems position still revoking article 50? How does that mesh with a possible Tory lib coalition?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

c0burn posted:

Is the lib Dems position still revoking article 50? How does that mesh with a possible Tory lib coalition?

Same way the "we won't increase tuition fees" pledge did.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

c0burn posted:

lib dems don't really have lasting positions

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

c0burn posted:

Same as last time. Lib Dems drop all hint of a policy if they get a shiny ministerial car.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I was going to make a joke reply about lib dems having positions similar to electrons, they say it exists but good luck actually finding it

but i didn't want to do a disservice to electrons

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

c0burn posted:

"You get to turbofuck the country with our full support, we take all the blame for cancelling Brexit, but we get the ministerial cars back".

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

It didn’t really hit me yesterday that this is happening but waking up today I really felt genuinely hopeful in a way I haven’t in a good while.

It’s time, fuckers :getin:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Ratjaculation posted:

I was going to make a joke reply about lib dems having positions similar to electrons, they say it exists but good luck actually finding it

but i didn't want to do a disservice to electrons

Joking about the Lib-Dems is redundant while they exist.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Centrists are praxeologists.
You should really add 'pederasts' to your autocorrect if you're going to be posting about UK politics.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

:hmmyes:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I remember the incredibly angry gammon energy on fashKentOnline when Labour took Canterbury.

Could do with some more of that this time around.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Did think it was a bit egocentrical for Jezza to rename the party after himself. Even Kim Il-Sung didn't do that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Christ, Brainley.

Has anyone pointed out to these people that Venezuela has more resources in the private sector than most of the countries of Europe, and that's a big source of their problems? Does he think that Corbyn's going to privatize too many things?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TACD posted:

Worry about problems, but don't actually solve them.
Believe in change, but don't actually enact it.
Hope for a better future, but don't actually expect it.

https://twitter.com/internethippo/status/881161169469403137?lang=en

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Junior G-man posted:

I really, really want to know why - after 8 years of being absolutely horsefucked by the Republicans - Obama still believes in sensible centrism? Surely reality must've disabused him of this now?

EDIT: LMAO at the pisstag.

So long as the money come out of it richer, his political goals are achieved. Rep or Dem it doesn't really matter, it's all kabuki

Cultlife
Jan 1, 2012

In the last 8 weeks I've had the usual "refresh your details or register" letter through the post so it might not be all that interesting.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Imagine exactly how smug the guy writing that was; how many pauses he had to take to uncontrollably smirk; how many times he sincerely thought 'Brian you old fox, this is brilliant stuff!'.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Guavanaut posted:

Christ, Brainley.

Has anyone pointed out to these people that Venezuela has more resources in the private sector than most of the countries of Europe, and that's a big source of their problems? Does he think that Corbyn's going to privatize too many things?

if you look at all the countries with huge amounts of natural resources you can see for yourself that venezuela's the only one that's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

c0burn posted:

Lib Dem policy is a quantum superposition of People's Vote & revoke A50, that will be collapsed when they enter into coalition with the Tories & call a referendum between Johnson deal & no deal & call it a glowing victory

This won't happen, we've loving got this lasses & lads